Ratings for Dr. Traci E. Powell

She charged me $25 for a missed appointment fee when I specifically called her in advance to cancel. I called her to rectify the problem and she has not returned the call as of yet. I called her 3 months ago!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

Very uncaring psychiatrist. When I called to make an appointment, right after I told the receptionist my name, I was told to give my insurance provider and group id number, which I thought was odd. On the day of my appointment while waiting, the receptionist asked me did I know I had a $30 co-pay. I've always been billed for office visit co-pay. The receptionist told me that I could pay on my way out. She went to ask Dr. Powell and told me that she was sorry but I had to pay it now. The actual session was ok, she did listen to my concerns but I felt she was wrong about the meds not giving me confidence. A month later, I needed an emergency Rx and after calling her after hours #, she told me I had to make a follow up appointment (the earliest was 2 wks away) before she could give me a refill. She came off as only being interested in getting paid/money hungry and not the well being of the patient.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2008

Dr. Traci E. Powell's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1999)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal