Ratings for Dr. Matthew R. Mills

Dr. Mills is the best doctor I Have ever used. I came to him after experiencing severe panic attacks and the girl I was dating at the time was a pateint of his and reccomended him. He could not have been nicer. He also told me he is not a dr that just writes prescriptions for anyone. I was on one medication that didnt work and he understood and worked with me to find another option. He also never prescribes XANAX for the reason that people abuse it. I missed an appt and he only charged me 65$. I went off my insurance plan and he worked with me. He is hands down the BEST dr I have ever visited. I recently moved out of state and he still lets me do phone appointments. He is a Dr. I will always want to use, as long as i need it. He is also the kind of Dr. that I know even if I dont talk to him for 5 years will awnser my calls/emails and help me with any issue i am dealing with. Give Dr. Mills a chance, you will thank yourself later

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

Dr. Mills is a kind man and one nice thing is he will be very collaborative in your treatment if you come in with suggestions. Where he starts to fail is his lack of knowledge or denial in the limits of what medication can and can't do. I never left his office without a new prescription for something. After only an hour consultation on my history he acted as if he knew my life story and what was best for me. On top of that, he didn't really explain my diagnosis to me in a reasonable way. Unless your insurance is paying for it, don't waste your time with this guy. If you live in Chicago you are better off looking into a psychiatrist at one of the major universities. Dr. Mills is a good person no doubt, but I can't suggest him after my experiences.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

I couldn't in good conscience recommend this doctor after what I have experienced with him. If you are just looking for a scrip and to be sent on your way then he would probably work for you but I found he doesn't really validate reactions to medications. I think most people want a doctor that is up front and will tell you possible side effects instead of being deceiving and saying there aren't any. Everyone knows Zoloft has side effects, silly doctor.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2011

I have seen Dr. Mills for 3 yrs. During that time, I never missed an appt. & never carried a balance. Due to a misunderstanding on my part, I recently missed an appointment and he immediately charged my credit card $135. I told him that my family is struggling financially (I have three children and my husband is recently unemployed) so agreed to refund my credit card $65 and said I could pay-off the rest of the remaining balance in installments. Three weeks later, he asked if I could pay the remainder of the balance before my next appointment. I said I could not, and I would not be back to see him. Because there are some very uncomfortable side effects to abruptly stopping the medication I am taking, he agreed to write a final prescription for a 30 day supply. However, he never did and would not answer my e-mails. Dr. Mills is a perfect example of what not to look for in a psychiatrist. I can only hope that his greed and lack of compassion will eventually catch up with him.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2010

Dr. Matthew R. Mills's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Wi, Milwaukee Wi 53226 (Grad. 2001)