Ratings for Dr. Ken Thacker

This guy is an awful awful doctor. He barely even tries, acts inappropriate, unprofessional and worst of all barely knows what he's doing. No wonder he gets bounced around as a locum and no one keeps him.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

I saw Dr.Thacker at the Ridgeway Clinic, what an AWFUL experience. T

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

I saw Dr. Thacker at the Ridgeway Walk In Clinic for my son. The whole experience was a bad one. Even before I walked into the door! Walking in, there was a young woman sitting in the doorway/cubby area of the building smoking a cigarette. Mildly irritating as I was with my sick son. I walked in to find the waiting room and reception desk completely empty. I waited for 10 minutes alone with my son, not even sure if we were there on the right day. Then, low and behold, who comes in to sit behind the desk? The young woman that was outside the door smoking (not 9 meters away from the entrance). I give her my sons health card and wait for another 15 minutes before the doctor calls us in by asking if "Pookie" was ready to be seen. He quickly examined my son and proceeded to tell me how much more time he spent with his patients - much more than my own family doctor according to him. I was only in there for 2 minutes when he said this! Then he spent the rest of the time talking about himself. The man was very odd. Then he walks me out into the waiting room as he continues to speak loudly to me about his personal life when he uses the word "retarded" to describe himself in the story he was telling me. WOW! I don't even like typing that word. I am appalled. What kind of medical professional would use that word in his place of employment, much less in a public setting with a patient? That is unacceptable. He needs some training on what is and is not appropriate workplace behavior.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

I seen this Doctor at the Ridgeway Walk In Clinic for my two girls that both had a chest infection. This doctor was so kind and compassionate with them, which shocked me as i was used to a different sort of care from other doctors in this city. Im shocked that there are so many bad reviews, but i also see that you cant please everyone. He walked me through every step of giving them there meds and also explained in detail what was wrong with them. I was very pleased with the service there starting right at the front desk with the upbeat secretary. Thanks so much Ridgeway Clinic!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

I visited Dr Thacker in a walk in at the ridgeway clinic. I have been reading the posts on here and cannot fathom why people are writing so negative posts. Maybe a bad day? I seen him with my son and while it was only a minor ear infection, was dealt with very compassionate care towards my unhappy child and I felt he was genuinely concerned with making sure he felt better. He called him a big boy and made my son feel good! He told me in the car that it wasn't so bad going to THAT doctor. His staff was super nice, the young girl at the reception was very pleasant and we didn't have to wait long. He does like to talk, but now a days, isn't that a good thing?! We definatly, and have, recommend him! Thank you Dr Thacker!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

His staff were very kind and helpful, but, his social and professional judgement remains suspect to me. I've never experienced a doctor before who was angry with his work place and as a result threw the f-bomb around like it was "and" or "the". Dr Thacker, you obviously werent happy at the clinic. I wish you well, and hope your new work site meshes well with your personality.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

Dr. Thacker is one of the best physicians I have ever dealt with. I have a skin condition that was completely turned aside by my regular family physician until Dr. Thacker took the time to look at me. He made the proper referral for me and recognized the seriousness of my condition before it resulted in something more serious. He is an intelligent doctor who I happily recommend to anyone. Thank you Dr. Thacker!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2014

Dr. Thacker has been my family doctor for myself and my partner since January 2013. He is a incredible physician both at the clinic and socially in public. I have never typically been a sick individual but 2013 did me in. Back problems, knee problem, and a cancer scare (it wasn't cancer thank GOD), but Ken referred me to 2 specialists and I ended up needing back and knee surgery. He is very careful and closely monitors any pain pills he prescribes and isn't afraid to let you know about. To me...that shows he truly cares for my wellbeing in not getting me addicted and to not rely on them just to make it through life. He has become a very good friend to both of us to the point we go watch him and his band (The Knackers). He is BAR-NONE hands down ONE OF A KIND! Keep up the good work Ken because if it wasn't for you being my doctor I'm sure I wouldn't have had and surgeries I needed, in turn I wouldn't be able to walk. :)

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr. Thacker is my general practitioner and I am very happy with him. He is knowledgeable and thorough. He sends me for tests when I need them and if I turn up with minor complaints, he is kind, funny and helpful with advice. I am surprised at so many negative comments. Any physician at the clinic has a daunting schedule and dealing with that number of people would be way too much for most of us. I have always found him to be professional and always helpful.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

I have been treated by Dr. Ken Thacker on several occasions. He is kind, personable and professional. I am not sure why there are so many negative comments and disappointed to read them. Perhaps people need to realize that there are extreme wait times in Thunder Bay to see a doctor and in addition, doctors are entitled to choose which patients they serve. Before making negative comments, it may be necessary to research health care in Ontario and all across Canada before making a general opinion, that may not be necessarily accurate. I am certainly not choosy in terms of who is able to care for me as doctors are limited in Thunder Bay and very busy. I simply remember to be grateful that someone can care for me. I am very pleased with Dr.Ken Thacker and he is by no means odd, in fact, it is odd, that people think so. Careful with your words, these is a profession here that we are speaking about.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014