Ratings for Dr. D.W. Olson

Dr. Olsen is wonderful. He is kind and caring and very knowledgeable. He took great care of my little one. I couldn't be more greatful for him taking such great care of my little boy. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr. Olson's direst approach scares the living bageebers out of you. He's honest, straight forward, to the point and doesn't sugar coat anything and that felt real and I like that. His assistant Nicole is excellent and she handled me well with a lot of patience. The experience I had the day I went for surgery was fantastic! Dr. Olson but my fears at ease and I am very happy to be on the road to recovery. Thanks again Dr. Olson and staff! I highly recommend you all!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

He took out my melanoma and did a sentinel lymph node biopsy, he is one of the best doctors out there.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

This was my third surgery by Dr. Olson. They were difficult surgeries with risks of complications. Dr. Olson is a busy surgeon . I tried to learn as much as I could about my condition/procedure, so that I could ask Dr. Olson pertinent questions. I also had a pre-op meeting with the anesthistist at the Misreacordia Hopital. Dr. Olson, his staff, and all the staff at the hospital were professional, courteous, and helpful. My post-op recovery has been very good and far exceeded my expectations. The post-op pain was low and swelling reduced quickly except for the actual incision mark. Thank you Dr. Olson! With our health care system, it was a long wait for this surgery. That's not Dr. Olson's fault. Nevertheless, now that I've had the surgery, I am thankful every day to Dr. Olson that this ordeal and discomfort is finally over.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

I went to the Misericodia ER for what turned out to be gallbladder stones, I had an endoscopic procedure to remove one stone from my common bile duct and then was told I had to remove my gallbladder because it was still full of stones. Dr Olson was the surgeon to remove my gallbladder. I also have a 6 week old son that is exclusively breastfed so we had to make special arrangements so that my husband and baby could stay with me in the hospital. Dr Olson was awesome with everything. He made me and my husband feel very comfortable, he explained things thoroughly and answered all my questions. He also made sure all my medications were breastfeeding friendly . I am only 2 days post op but I am feeling great. I could not have asked for a better doctor to do this surgery. The only problem I had was the nurses on the surgical ward, they did not agree with me breastfeeding or having my son with me, but thankfully I was moved to the postpartum ward after surgery, staff was MUCH better there!!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

I just went in for a consult and I didn't have to wait a minute. When he got there he put me so at ease without sugar coating things. He was clear, direct, personable and understanding. I've never had a doctor like this before.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Had this amazing man as my surgeon when I had breast removal surgery. I know I'm sure he tells all of us we are like his own mom etc but it works, he is so reassuring and straight forward as to what to expect , and what he is going to do and for me he did exactly that... My incision is perfect. In times like this when we are so stressed and worried it's so rare to find someone who genuinely cares. His sense of humour and bedside manner is great. Also he took the time to introduce his operating room staff which I found very comforting. Wonderful office staff as well. Thank you Dr. David Olson love this man.....

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

I love Dr Olson. He has a fantastic bedside manner and made me feel very comfortable with my gallbladder removal on Monday. He made sure that I knew what the operation would entail and the outcome. His staff was always very helpful and worked to make my operation happen as soon as possible.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer late Feb. I was referred to Dr Olson . In 2weeks I saw him and he said let's get this out and have a good life. He is a very positive man. Funny,good hearted. He made my partner and I very comfortable to talk to. He made me feel part of the family as he states. He got the cancer out and made me feel strong. I have heard others talk and say how their surgeon never speakuch and not as positiv . He has a heart of gold in surgery he came to see me twice and said let's get this done ! And cancer survivor. Ihave told others he is an awesome Doc.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Worst dr I've ever seen, had me booked for surgery and cancelled it 4 times this led to complications and a two month stay in the hospital lost most of my pancreas now I am a diabetic do to the damage to my pancreas if this where the states I would have grounds for a lawsuit .i don't care if a doctor has a good bedside manor or a nice personality I want someone who gets the job done my surgery was simple and is performed all the time all over the world and it's a known face that if you let my condition sit untreated you will get complications he knew this and chose to string me along till it became an amergency now I have life long health problems , you have been warned if I could go back in time I would have elected to see someone else.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016