Ratings for Dr. Michael R. Achong

Dr. M. Achong has the best bedside manner I have ever encountered and I have seen alot. If the rumour is true regarding retirement, then we are truly losing a great Internist. If he was a surgeon he could put the rest at a slow pace. I met you once but the impression I was given was that of awe, heck this man brought my B/P down. Can not wait for our next encounter. This Dr. takes the time to explain, he tells it like it is, example I am booked for knee replacement in 2 days. He pulled no punches--made sure I knew that alot of hard work and then some, you want to slack off, future ahead not bright. You are truly a great man ! Thank-You for the honor of meeting you. Katharine Schrock

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Not many doctors like Dr Achong are left in our health care system. Very intelligent, caring, listens to his patients, just an overall great Doctor, I would highly recommend him,although I have heard he may be retiring soon.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

he has the most wonderful bedside manner and he makes my mom laugh no matter how terrible she feels. i am very glad that she has him and his staff that actually cares for her. thanks for everything. DESA PAVIC

flag | Submitted September 23, 2012

Very very understanding and helpful. Truely cares about you and is concerned about your well being. Not many doctors around like him anymore. Apolgetic if a little bit late, usually very punctual.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

I found Dr. Achong very knowledgable and thorough. Kind in demeanor and a gentlement. He did recommend exercise 5 days a week also, and I liked that he mentioned this. Both my Fam. Md and myself on confident in him.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

Takes time to listen, which is helpful to me, it's a pleasure to visit with Dr.Achong.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

The best and friendliest, would recommend him to everyone. Had my pre-op and discovered what a wonderful and down to earth person he is.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

After a year and a half of seeing a rheumatologist for joint pain with little treatment and zero diagnosis my GP reffered me Dr.Achong. What a fantastic doctor, actually cares and listens to his patients. Orders necessary tests and makes appropriate refferals. What a gentleman, great dimeanor and very easy to talk to. Unrushed appt's and encourages his patients to speak frankly.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2010

Dr. Achong did an implant for me after he had to extract a tooth that had been bad for too long. He was GREAT and I feel so much better not. I was not sure about doing the implant but after talking to his staff and the support of my family, I could not have made a better choice!! He and his staff are great and very friendly and I am glad I went to him. If you are thinging about getting an implant go see Dr. Achong you'll be glad you did!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2010

must have caught him on a bad day... I personally thought he was condesending and I came out of their and cried for three hours thinking I was a bad person and was the one who caused all my problems that could have been prevented if I had just lost weight. Also told me my replacement was going to be done only once ,funny I was told twice by everyone other dr. I saw. Maybe I should give him another try, next surgery..lol

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010