Ratings for Dr. Scott Mandel

Dr Mandel did a fusion of my wrist. Afterward, I was having tremendous pain and told him that it felt like something was 'catching' when I tried to move it. He just dismissed it and kept telling me that it's normal and it just needs time. After about a month of this intense pain and 'catching' sensation, he finally sent me for an xray and found out that the hardware he used to fuse the bones together had gone all the way through the bones and into the joint space. The reason why I felt the 'catching' was because it was! So, I had to go through another surgery to remove the hardware and during that surgery, he cut some nerves. After that, I had an appointment booked to talk to him about the nerve damage and when I showed up at his office, there was a note saying that he closed his practice and the phone was disconnected. I've seen other surgeons but they all refuse to touch his botched work. Now I have painful nerve damage in my hand that I have to suffer with everyday for the rest of my life. PLEASE do not let this "doctor" anywhere near you! Not only is he incompetent, he's rude. He doesn't listen to his patients. He's always late, even for the first appointment of the day. He treats his staff and especially the nurses at the hospital horribly! There's a reason why he keeps losing his privileges at hospitals...

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

well if you're a female you will get better attention....he was booted from Joe Brant....and I know several nurses at Brant said they would will book off sick rather then work with him On my first meeting he was rather rude and very short like he had other things to do

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

This doctor was 25 min late for an assessment and he is not very positive , he focuses more on drugs and injections when you clearly state u dont feel comfortable with it.... he brings you down, tells you your not working hard enough, he is very insensitive to how you fell , he pokes and prodes at places of pain over and over, he is not a very nice man , he talks to you like hes on a higher level... seen this doctor twice both times ive come out crying because of his negative comments and his diregard to listen to you as a human being.... if you have insurance assessments with this man ... he is late and trats you like a nobody.....and likes to twist your pain symptoms around basically blaming it on "its all in your head" ....

flag | Submitted December 14, 2010

Excellent service. He spent lots of time talking to me. I didn't feel rushed. After my motor vehicle accident, I thought I would never be the same, but I am starting to feel better because of Dr. Mandel.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2009

I would never, ever recommend Dr. Mandel to anyone. Dr. Mandel performed a shoulder replacement on my mom 5 months ago and she has not had the use her arm since. Dr. Mandel stitch an artery and nerves during the surgery. As a result, she had emergency surgery the next day to release the nerve and to allow blood flow to her arm. The nerve damage is another story. Immense pain on a daily basis, and she has lost complete function of her arm due to the nerve damage. It may be years before she has function of her arm again. Dr. Mandel was apologetic at the time, but I do not think he understands (or doesn't want to) the impact that this has had on my mom's life and on our family. A tragic mistake that could have easily been prevented.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

This doctor has badly screwed up two people I know. He removed nerves when he was supposed to removed ligaments. The sad part is that he doesn't even care. One is a teenager and one is a 60y ear old woman. I suggest that if this doctor is recommended to you, that you RUN!!!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009

I was injured in a work accident, where I needed surgery on my wrist and knee, being that i needed crutches to get around, Dr. Mandel did the surgery on my knee first, so that my wrist would'nt be so painful using the crutches. I had developed a blood clot from the knee surgery and he acted extremely quickly to have that problem taking care of, he then about 2 weeks later performed the surgery on my wrist. Both procedures were extremely succesful. Dr. mandel is excellent i would recommend him to to anyone. He although did tell me to stay away from hogs as they were the culprit of my injuries. He also said that he never had a case such as mine in all the years he has been in medicine. Great work Dr. Mandel keep it up.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2008

Dr.Mandel is a fantastic surgeon and I absolutely would not be walking correctly today if he hadn't fixed my very severe Tibial-Plateau fracture. I was extremely happy to have him as my surgeon; I knew then that I was is great hands. I don't think I would be as great as I am today if it wasn't for him and his intelligence,knowledge, and care.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2008

I think he needs to work in a teaching hospital and spend more time with his patients at clinic, the nurse does all the work, but when you get home with your elbow brace your in trouble and have to wait another 2 weeks to see him when problems arise. He should have someone who calls to see how patients are managing. I have always worked for a teaching hospital and not have to wait days for urgent surgery, they just page who is on call. also when people need a premed it should be noted on chart, if problem, please have faxed anaestists notes from previous hospital, having worked in this setting i know how the system works. ann marie stratis

flag | Submitted June 21, 2008

Dr. Mandel....wat can u say about a doctor that cares about his patients....my daughter needed shoulder surgery and he was right on top of everything....wat an amazing man....ontario needs more doctors that are in it for the patients and is willing to take the time and explain everything....way to go Dr. Scott

flag | Submitted March 4, 2008