Ratings for Dr. Brian Murat

Easily the most horrible person I've ever met. His scope of knowledge is so limited, his attitude so narrow, it is utterly amazing that he holds a doctorate degree in anything. If you are referred to this egomaniac, try to have your symptoms align with his pea sized aptitude for medicine. He will insist your symptoms are all in your head because he has no idea what he's doing. I'm certain that in his world GI represents the acronysy godlike idiot. He sent me for some tests as I have an esophageal motility disorder. After each test he couldn't see a problem. At this point I was unable to eat 80% of any food of liquid because my esophagus constricts and I throw everything up. There is a physical problem. The last test he sent me on was to measure how I swallowed. It involved insertion of a tube up my nostril to be pushed into my throat as I sipped and swallowed water. I advised the technician that I was going to throw up as the tube went down but she said to keep swallowing. I threw up, the tube was removed, test over. I was summoned to murat's office where he told me he can't help me. He said he had no data because I didn't complete the test, like it was my fault. Under great reluctance he said he would refer me to the doctor who ran that test. I was called my murat's secretary and told that the referral doctor won't see me because he also can't help me. Aren't doctors supposed to help people? Aren't specialists supposed to know what they're doing? I can only imagine the wording used in the referral letter as I was cautioned by murat that I shouldn't be wasting a doctor's valuable time. Those exact words, no lie. I'm now in the process of lodging a formal complaint for both doctors with the college of physicians and surgeons. This guy is malpractice in training. No one should have to endure either of these monkeys. I'm also certain that neither of them could successfully complete the game operation

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

My son has been unable to eat well for over a year, doctors in North Bay kept telling him he had acid reflux despite my son describing symptoms of achalasia. Dr Murat actually listened to my son, took action immediately and ordered the necessary tests right away.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Wow...I have no words.....It was all I could do to not excuse myself and keep walking out the door...won't be back...surreal...

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

It has been my great misfortune to have interacted with this individual. He is condescending, arguementive, uncaring which renders him useless. If your symptoms don't align with his cookie cutter knowledge, then you are wasting his time. His dispensation of advice is similar to if you're hungry, eat something. If your doctor refers you to this malpractice in waiting, defer to a doctor who has read the hypocratic oath and has the interest and where with all to actually help.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Worst bedside manner hes ignorant rude and puts his patients down to their faces there is nothing professional about him and in my opinion is in the wrong profession lovley staff but that is about it.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

If I could give this man a zero, I would. Misdiagnosed my husband with Hep C and gave him an unnecessary biopsy then laughed about it. Rude and has a God complex. I wouldn't send my goldfish to him.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

I have now been a patient of Dr Murat for 16 years and he is always a pleasure to deal with, though I've heard his bed side manner is less than ideal, its NEVER been a problem. Hes very open with his opinion but I believe his decisive nature is one of the qualities that makes him a great doctor. He appreciates people being educated about their health and has no tolerance for those who openly disregard their health.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

How this doctor has not been sued or slammed for his incredible lack for human regard is beyond me. I have never met such a person who has a larger then God like image of himself. I can't imagine how he passed for a caring, empathetic specialist. The only reason this man must have considered medicine is for the money he makes, he lacks any kind of bed side manner. I wish he could be at the receiving end of the humility and nastiness he bestows upon his patients. PLEASE do yourself a favor and do not go see this doctor, unless you enjoy being told your pain is in your head and that you are wasting OHIPS money !

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

my brother went to dr murrat to receive treatment for his hep c while my brother was getting looked at by him he had muttered under his breath 42 he said 42 twice my brother asked why he had said it and he said oh i will need you to have blood work done for a year and if he got a 42 twice he would surely give my brother the much needed treatment he made my brother go to appointments for over a year, upon my brothers return a year later and while going over the test results my brother was positive he would get the treatment because he had seen enzime counts at least three times higher then 42. murrat didnt even mention the 42 all my brother got was mistreated and told he will never get the treatment asked if he could come up with 20000 dollars on his own when the treatment would have been covered my brother told him of the pain he had in his liver area and he replied its not your liver a liver does not hurt it has to be something else going on. he most certainly shows signs of a god like complex picking and choosing who will have a chance to survive a disease or who will eventually die from one he is a very poor excuse of a doctor there are so many others out there he has mistreated and he should be held accountable for his mistreatment of his patients. i strongly advise everyone whom needs help to seek it elsewhere, that building seems to breed malpractice, he should not be practicing medicine at all, and if we all went to the college of surgeons and physicians, i dont believe its ever too late.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

I had a successful, unsedated colonoscopy with Dr. Murat. Not only did I find him to be completely respectful of my wish to skip any kind of medication, he was kind, patient, and caring throughout the procedure. It was apparent that he was highly skilled, and all of the nurses I spoke to in the endoscopic suite prior to the procedure also assured me of this. I feel lucky to have a Dr that finally takes notice of my symptoms and makes an effort to help me sort them. All in all I am very satisfied with Dr. Murat, and I will not be seeking another specialist. (Oh, Liz is also fabulous - very friendly and accommodating!)

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014