Ratings for Dr. Brian Murat

If I could give this man a zero, I would. Misdiagnosed my husband with Hep C and gave him an unnecessary biopsy then laughed about it. Rude and has a God complex. I wouldn't send my goldfish to him.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

I have now been a patient of Dr Murat for 16 years and he is always a pleasure to deal with, though I've heard his bed side manner is less than ideal, its NEVER been a problem. Hes very open with his opinion but I believe his decisive nature is one of the qualities that makes him a great doctor. He appreciates people being educated about their health and has no tolerance for those who openly disregard their health.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

How this doctor has not been sued or slammed for his incredible lack for human regard is beyond me. I have never met such a person who has a larger then God like image of himself. I can't imagine how he passed for a caring, empathetic specialist. The only reason this man must have considered medicine is for the money he makes, he lacks any kind of bed side manner. I wish he could be at the receiving end of the humility and nastiness he bestows upon his patients. PLEASE do yourself a favor and do not go see this doctor, unless you enjoy being told your pain is in your head and that you are wasting OHIPS money !

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

my brother went to dr murrat to receive treatment for his hep c while my brother was getting looked at by him he had muttered under his breath 42 he said 42 twice my brother asked why he had said it and he said oh i will need you to have blood work done for a year and if he got a 42 twice he would surely give my brother the much needed treatment he made my brother go to appointments for over a year, upon my brothers return a year later and while going over the test results my brother was positive he would get the treatment because he had seen enzime counts at least three times higher then 42. murrat didnt even mention the 42 all my brother got was mistreated and told he will never get the treatment asked if he could come up with 20000 dollars on his own when the treatment would have been covered my brother told him of the pain he had in his liver area and he replied its not your liver a liver does not hurt it has to be something else going on. he most certainly shows signs of a god like complex picking and choosing who will have a chance to survive a disease or who will eventually die from one he is a very poor excuse of a doctor there are so many others out there he has mistreated and he should be held accountable for his mistreatment of his patients. i strongly advise everyone whom needs help to seek it elsewhere, that building seems to breed malpractice, he should not be practicing medicine at all, and if we all went to the college of surgeons and physicians, i dont believe its ever too late.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

I had a successful, unsedated colonoscopy with Dr. Murat. Not only did I find him to be completely respectful of my wish to skip any kind of medication, he was kind, patient, and caring throughout the procedure. It was apparent that he was highly skilled, and all of the nurses I spoke to in the endoscopic suite prior to the procedure also assured me of this. I feel lucky to have a Dr that finally takes notice of my symptoms and makes an effort to help me sort them. All in all I am very satisfied with Dr. Murat, and I will not be seeking another specialist. (Oh, Liz is also fabulous - very friendly and accommodating!)

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I just met with Dr.Murat for the first time and he was kind, knowledgeable and caring. He saw me exactly at my appointment time and was very thorough. He treated me with respect and smiled often.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

It is rather hard to be polite while telling the truth about Dr. Murat. This man only cares about one person and that is himself. After scolding me for wasting OHIP's money for a second opinion and then humilating me by giving me the definition of Pain and then tossing a gown at me and telling me to put it on and he'd be within 5 mintues, I sat there and listened to him call several people for approx. 20 minutes before entering the adjoining room where he had me wait on purpose. Then after 2 minutes of pushing and probing my abdoman, he blurted out that I was obese and how could a woman of my age allow herself to get so fat. Yes, I was 20 pounds over weight, but his bedside manner, or lack of , left me feeling worse then I did prior to entering his office. We need to make awful Dr's like him, accountable to the Hospital Administrator and to the public. PLEASE, if you have been refered to him, CANCEL asap and find another doctor !!!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

Although Dr. Murat is an excellent Dr. his people skills need a lot of attention. His demeanor is terrible and He is very hard on his staff and support techs at the hospital. Perhaps a little too much of a perfectionist.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

very condecending - God like attitude. No compassion, no bedside manner. Wrong diagnose. Told 85 year old she would never get out of hospital and asked if she had a directive in place - that was 11 months ago and she is doing well. This was the second person he mistreated that I was advocating for.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

I found Dr. Murat to be an excellent doctor, who explained the procedure that I underwent fully, in language that I was able to understand. I was referred to him for this procedure as the doctors in my area were not able to help with my medical problem,i.e. damage to my lower bowel as a result of radiation therapy, for prostate cancer. This lead to uncontrollable rectal bleeding, which lead to a number of transfusions, over a three month period. So far, after two treatments, I believe that the procedure as performed by Dr. Murat is working. This has enabled me to resume work on a part-time, soon to be full-time basis. Again I was fully ingformed by him of the the pros and cons of having the procedure, before agreeing to it. I feel fortunate to have a skilled doctor like him, who has given me hope that this condition will be cured.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2010