Ratings for Dr. Daran L. Austen

I absolutely thought Dr. Austen was fantastic. He was very caring and helpful. I would highly recommend him. His staff (Shirley ) also wonderful. Thanks again

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

My husband and I would like to thank Dr. Austen for his knowledge in helping me with peace of mind as to my situation. He was very personable and extensive in his explanations for his recommendations making my decision a simple one. I left his office feeling very positive. Thanks again!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

I found him to be very typical of a surgeon. He can perform surgery but lacks empathy. Perhaps I caught him on a off day but I found he rushed to speak to me after surgery. I had just had surgery and was groggy and had a lot of questions and wasn't able to ask him anything. The nurse suggested I call his office if I had further questions, otherwise I was suppose to arrange a recheck appointment in a month. I was lying in a bed next to another person who had the same surgery. Her doctor (I believe she said it was John or James Graham) came in and spoke to her for at least 10 minutes. I got more information from eavesdropping on their conversation then I did from my own doctor who obviously had more pressing matters to attend to!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Awesome, helpful, got my bilateral hernia surgery done totally uneventful, myself overseas surgeon done more than 700 open surgeries and nearly 50 with laparoscope so better to say he is excellent, fully recommend and appreciate his team

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

Awful doctor, uncaring and indifferent. We need good general surgeons for Calgary

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Couldn't ask for better care from Dr Austen and his staff, particularly Shirley.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Dr. Austen performed a laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair earlier this month. It was literally pain free, I required no pain killers at all. I had a little discomfort, but really nothing that required medication. I had to stay overnight, and he drooped in the next morning to see how I was doing. A great guy and superb surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I found him to be very arrogant and his bedside manners were deplorable. Very unprofessional

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

All of my experiences with Dr Austen have been nothing but exceptional! He treats you as a person about whom he genuinely cares. He is the utmost professional in all aspects. It is a joy to be able to talk and discuss my issues with him. For sure, he lives up to the nickname that I gave him - Awesome Austen! Forever grateful.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

Dr. Austen performed my bilateral mastectomy in 2013. He is an amazing and compassionate man. He listened carefully to what I wanted and explained all of my options in great detail, he takes his time with his patients. Everything went very well and he is seeing me through to the completion of my reconstruction. Shirley (in his office) is also wonderful to deal with! Would highly recommend!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015