Ratings for Dr. Gary A. Casaccio

Very helpful to me during a very difficult time in my life. Very professional and knowledgeable about medications.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I seen Mr. Casaccio for an entire year, and he did a decent job managing my meds well during that year. But during my visits, he was very cold, distant, and didn't seemed too interested at all with any feelings or thoughts I might have had. I really didn't feel like a human being in his office. He would ask about how the meds were affecting me, then always make facial expressions, and comments that suggested that I was doing something wrong. I thought I was doing something wrong that entire year, till I read some of these reviews, which are comforting to know that others have experienced some of theese same things. The most DISTURBING thing of all though, happened when I decided to seek care at the Meier Clinics Day Program in Wheaton, IL. My health insurance had suddenly come to a hault, because of straining financial issues I was having and could no longer afford it, not even my prescription medications which were very powerful medications which could not just suddenly stopped without an immediate breakdown of my mental and physical health. Because of the high importance of keeping my meds on schedule, my family decided the most important thing we needed to do was to apply for the Emergency Prescription Aid some of the Pharmacutical companies offer to patients who are having financial hardships and difficulties. I applied and was awarded the free prescriptions. Thank God I was able to keep my meds going. As some of you know, it can be down right torment, when there is a break in your meds. I made sure to do everything by the book, even having my family make sure I was doing everything right to get the meds I needed legally. After several months, I no longer needed the Free Med Program, and once again was able to obtain regular health insurance. I began seeeing him again for a while. After time I decided I needed a little more emotional and counseling support, so I decided to ask about entering into Meier clincs Day Program. I filled out all the paper work, then on my next visit with Casaccio, mentioned to him my decision to enter Meiers Clinic. He said he thought is was a good idea. Later that week he COWARDLY left a message on my cell phone stating that he knew about me receiving free meds from the Pharm. Company and that he doesn't communicate with people who commit FRAUD. He then said that he will NOT answer any of my phone calls, nor ever see me at his office again. He didn't even have the Courage to tell these things to my face, nor give me any chance to explain myself. Just that cut and dry. Then at the end of the message he says, "Oh by the way, I'm the head Psychiatrist of the Meier program, and lets just say, you will NOT be accepeted into the program."?????? I had to get a Pastor from my Church to vouge for my character, just so I could explain everything to him. I know he is a Christian, but with me, he didn't show the character that is representative of being one

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr. Casaccio is the absolute biggest quack I have ever encountered. He is cold, rude, an could give a rats butt about his patient's safety. Do you self a favor... Don't see this guy!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I have been going to Dr Casaccio for several years. I have no complaints as for his treatment plan. In fact I think he is very good. However I do agree with the other ratings in as much that he can seem cold and distant. He also does shove the appointment along so yes, I also feel hurried. However, I think his role at Meier Clinics is treated more as a medicine manager rather than a talk therapist. His personality is not really one I would like as a therapist but his knowledge is good. He manages my medicine well but I no longer expect any more out of him .than that.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

He is a buffoon. He has absolutely no empathy, compassion, nor real interest in the trials of his patients. He sits with a very cold attitude and will try to direct the patient by coldly asking them to rate their anxiety or depression or whatever. If you try to give a nuanced answer, you can see that he gets visibly impatient, because heh, he has got to shove the appointment along as fast as possible so that he can keep the treadmill of patients going. And this imbecile is a self-styled Christian. Of course, if Christ returned to earth, He would be prescribe medication to the ill and ask for a copay every time He Healed the sick. Thank goodness that I fired this Casaccio.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

Not on time, does not show care. not recommended. This does not reflect all staff in Summit Clinical. Ive seen a psychologist there for years who is the best

flag | Submitted April 6, 2013

Dr. Casaccio has no empathy or caring for his patient. He asked the patient very few questions and hurries the appt. so he can spend little time with the patient- a 40 min appt on 2 occasiona was only 20 minutes each time. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

Dr. Gary A. Casaccio's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1992)

Tufts Health Plans