Ratings for Dr. Lianne Belland

I found her to be very knowledgeable and understanding. I found her receptionist to be rather abrupt and not very helpful. Always seems to be overbooked and always a rather long wait!!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

I have to admit, I was very disappointed in Dr. Belland and the treatment I received from her and her office. I wouldn't recommend her. She seems to be more interested in her profits than patients. I had to cancel a minor operation a day before my scheduled date due to an unexpected LEGITIMATE emergency. And I rebooked it for another time. However, after talking to another doctor and individual about my condition, they didn't think it might be necessary for me to have the procedure. (I do not like getting operations, however minor, performed unless there is a real legitimate concern). So I called Dr. Belland's office back at least two weeks prior to the next scheduled surgery date to cancel it, and explained that after talking to others I didn't think it was necessary for me to have the procedure, but I would think it over. A few weeks later I decided to make an appointment to see Dr.Belland to understand why she thought I should have the procedure. If she was adamant about it, and explained why I should have it, I definitely would go along with her reasoning then. Well, on the day of my appointment, they asked me to come in an hour earlier. So I did of course. The waiting room was very full. As I sat waiting, a woman in the room asked another person what time their appointment was for. It turned out they had exactly the same appointment time, and at least two other individuals waiting also had the same appointment time too! And my appointment time was at least a half hour after theirs. They overbook patients and do not care how long you have to wait. I guess only their time, and money, is valuable! I sat in the waiting room for four hours, and then I had to leave because I HAD to go to work! So I never even saw Dr. Belland. (And others had quite a long wait too). I realized it was probably totally spiteful making me wait so long because I cancelled a surgery twice (due to a legitimate emergency and also another surgery date, but still gave lots of notice). I do not think it was right for them to jump to conclusions and assume I was not a "punctual or disrespectful" patient, and treat someone like the way they treated me. I now have a much better gynecologist who explains things to me. And she also said it was not necessary for me to have the procedure Dr. Belland was going to do, after she examined me further. It seems Dr. Belland is just interested in maximizing her profits by overbooking patients and performing the maximum amount of procedures she can!!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

I have been to other specialists in Calgary for endometriosis and this is the first time in 25 years that I was listened to and that knew her specialty. She is the only doctor worth seeing!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

She is an excelente doctor but her receptionist is not helpful at all and very unfriendly.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

She is extremely sensitive and very helpful and seriously funny! I love her!!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Belland for over 3 years now for chronic pelvic pain issues. She is an absolute angel and the best doctor I have ever seen (and I have seen a TON of them). Yes, you MAY have a long wait time to see her (both on the calendar and in the office) but she is well worth it. I originally was referred to her for recurrent chronic pelvic pain, and after another gynecologist diagnosed endometriosis through laproscopy and decided to remove the ovarian cyst at the time but leave the endometriosis there.(???) Since then, Dr. Belland has tried oral contraceptives, Depo, an IUD insertion, total endo excision, Lupron, and a hysterectomy with a single oophrectomy. She is a brilliant surgeon. My pain continues to reappear but she hasn't given up on my case. My only comment for improvement would be that I truly wish they would set up some type of a voluntary blog or network for her patients to connect; I see people come and go from the waiting room and I know they have similar issues that I have or have had (e.g. LOTS of people carrying Lupron in their hands), yet I perceive that discussing experiences between patients seems to be frowned upon by the staff, as if positives should not be shared and side effects will go away by not talking about them. Maybe it's because I'm from NL, but I want to talk to other patients! I wish I had someone to connect with from her patients for the 3 months while I was put on Lupron, for example, to see if my horrible side effects were "normal" and to tell me what I MAY expect and to persevere while I adjusted and that I wasn't going bat crazy; all I did receive in the way of advice during that horrible first month adjustment period was a comment from the office nurse when I called about it that "It's your decision whether to continue". I sometimes wonder if any of the staff have ever had chronic pain or terrible side effects. Anyway, "coming around Cape Horn" to the rating, she is worth it. Period. Don't let the little things (parking fee, wait times, aloof staff, lack of waiting room conversation) dissaude you from seeing her.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr. Belland was amazing with some procedures that I needed to have done due to menorrhagia. She was thorough, professional and is just a wonderful person who displays genuine care and concern for her patients. We are lucky to have her. Her office staff are efficient but do not have the people skills that Dr. Belland has. With a busy office, appointment times are not on the dot - but have they ever been???

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

I am very disappointed in my experience with Dr. Belland's office. I was referred to her in April due to gastroenterology stressing the importance of seeing gynaecology due to GI issues being to be related to endometriosis(otherwise would have just continued to suffer in silence). Despite GI following me up with symptoms as they arise, I assured them I was en route to gynaecology. I have blanket endometriosis which last opened up was found on bowel(amongst other areas). The last two surgeries I had, did not remove it and in fact left me in worse condition than before going in, with the second fixing something that had gone wrong in the first....as well as being told post op that there was so much endometriosis in me that it would have taken the surgeon 3 1/2 hours to remove it. An organ had to be removed that was covered in endometriosis, along with the complication fixed from the one prior which was supposed to excise the endometriosis, although had not. I was closed up without it's removal. My family doctor has patiently respected my interest to only see Dr. Belland due to these past experiences and very little trust as a result in gynacology, although with more issues mounting, there have been several occasions I called her office to check on the status of my referral and possible/probable wait times at my doctor's request...to which I received no response. Today I called her office again and got a person, although was informed that my referral was declined in May with the suggestion I see the surgeon I do not have a working relationship or trust for...making that suggestion not helpful. So now here I am 9 months after referral to which myself, my doctor and his staff are stunned finding out my not even on her wait list while having more issues mounting despite hanging tough these months. One could say a fax had not made it through to my docs...yet how are the several calls made leaving messages asking where I may be on the wait list and even once showing up at her office when in the area although closed...informing office to which there was again no reply explained? I wanted to be referred to Dr. Belland due to recommendations from Endometiosis network and other gynaecology offices who were interested in my history and current state that after consulting in office....concluded and advised me that she would be the best doctor for my care. Gynaecology is still not involved in my care, despite other specialists being assured I was en route while assisting me with affects on other systems(waiting for and requiring this specialties involvement to the primary issue). This experience has left me at a loss with the lack of communication and confused why it was believed I am under the care of or have access and relations to a surgeon that I just do not. Being uninformed until calling the office after several tries over several months to find out my referral was declined long ago, has left me upset. I am sad and at a loss with what little trust I thought I could muster to possibly get some help with this condition from Dr. Belland. My symptoms have gotten more complex during this wait. Endometriosis can be very crippling affecting quality of life, as well as putting organs etc at risk and I just do not feel my health has been taken seriously or handled with the care deserved. Sadly it seems there are staff issues, which has left me devastated 9 months out to find out out today that an upcoming appointment is not planned, without other options despite being no reason to believe otherwise. I have consequences as a result that are both are real and unfair. It does not sound like from the other reviews that Dr. Belland would be ok with this, although this is what has happened in my case and the position I am currently in because of lack of information being shared and ignored communication attempts. I fell through the cracks and will likely suffer more because of it. Gynaecology as part of my team is essential, although as a patient have been as proactive as possible. It saddens me that this has happened and while I hope she does not think it is ok....it is where I am at and have been left due to what has how my referral was handled.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Dr Lianne Belland is experienced with endometriosis which is why we came to her. Not only was she helpful and knowledgeable but also very personable and friendly and caring and accommodating.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

I have read the reviews for Dr Belland, and quite honestly i think she was wonderful. She did not deliver my children, but did take care of other ovarian/uterine issues i had. She did my hysterectomy and a few years later ovary removal. She even juggled her own personal committments to accomodate my vacation time so that i would spend it in the hospital. That being said, wait times in Calgary simply suck. I have been to several other doctors and its always the same. Blame the healthcare system not the doctors trying to accommodate more patients than the doctors can handle. I have also seen more than my share of doctors with crappy bedside manor, zero social skills, and a complete lack of compassion. I was told by one young doctor that i was fat and thats why my stomach hurt!!! Dr Belland saw me shortly after to find my ovary was the issue and had to be removed. I had nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Belland.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015