You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Lianne Belland

I have been to other specialists in Calgary for endometriosis and this is the first time in 25 years that I was listened to and that knew her specialty. She is the only doctor worth seeing!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

She is extremely sensitive and very helpful and seriously funny! I love her!!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Belland for over 3 years now for chronic pelvic pain issues. She is an absolute angel and the best doctor I have ever seen (and I have seen a TON of them). Yes, you MAY have a long wait time to see her (both on the calendar and in the office) but she is well worth it. I originally was referred to her for recurrent chronic pelvic pain, and after another gynecologist diagnosed endometriosis through laproscopy and decided to remove the ovarian cyst at the time but leave the endometriosis there.(???) Since then, Dr. Belland has tried oral contraceptives, Depo, an IUD insertion, total endo excision, Lupron, and a hysterectomy with a single oophrectomy. She is a brilliant surgeon. My pain continues to reappear but she hasn't given up on my case. My only comment for improvement would be that I truly wish they would set up some type of a voluntary blog or network for her patients to connect; I see people come and go from the waiting room and I know they have similar issues that I have or have had (e.g. LOTS of people carrying Lupron in their hands), yet I perceive that discussing experiences between patients seems to be frowned upon by the staff, as if positives should not be shared and side effects will go away by not talking about them. Maybe it's because I'm from NL, but I want to talk to other patients! I wish I had someone to connect with from her patients for the 3 months while I was put on Lupron, for example, to see if my horrible side effects were "normal" and to tell me what I MAY expect and to persevere while I adjusted and that I wasn't going bat crazy; all I did receive in the way of advice during that horrible first month adjustment period was a comment from the office nurse when I called about it that "It's your decision whether to continue". I sometimes wonder if any of the staff have ever had chronic pain or terrible side effects. Anyway, "coming around Cape Horn" to the rating, she is worth it. Period. Don't let the little things (parking fee, wait times, aloof staff, lack of waiting room conversation) dissaude you from seeing her.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr. Belland was amazing with some procedures that I needed to have done due to menorrhagia. She was thorough, professional and is just a wonderful person who displays genuine care and concern for her patients. We are lucky to have her. Her office staff are efficient but do not have the people skills that Dr. Belland has. With a busy office, appointment times are not on the dot - but have they ever been???

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

I am very disappointed in my experience with Dr. Belland's office. I was referred to her in April due to gastroenterology stressing the importance of seeing gynaecology due to GI issues being to be related to endometriosis(otherwise would have just continued to suffer in silence). Despite GI following me up with symptoms as they arise, I assured them I was en route to gynaecology. I have blanket endometriosis which last opened up was found on bowel(amongst other areas). The last two surgeries I had, did not remove it and in fact left me in worse condition than before going in, with the second fixing something that had gone wrong in the first....as well as being told post op that there was so much endometriosis in me that it would have taken the surgeon 3 1/2 hours to remove it. An organ had to be removed that was covered in endometriosis, along with the complication fixed from the one prior which was supposed to excise the endometriosis, although had not. I was closed up without it's removal. My family doctor has patiently respected my interest to only see Dr. Belland due to these past experiences and very little trust as a result in gynacology, although with more issues mounting, there have been several occasions I called her office to check on the status of my referral and possible/probable wait times at my doctor's request...to which I received no response. Today I called her office again and got a person, although was informed that my referral was declined in May with the suggestion I see the surgeon I do not have a working relationship or trust for...making that suggestion not helpful. So now here I am 9 months after referral to which myself, my doctor and his staff are stunned finding out my not even on her wait list while having more issues mounting despite hanging tough these months. One could say a fax had not made it through to my docs...yet how are the several calls made leaving messages asking where I may be on the wait list and even once showing up at her office when in the area although closed...informing office to which there was again no reply explained? I wanted to be referred to Dr. Belland due to recommendations from Endometiosis network and other gynaecology offices who were interested in my history and current state that after consulting in office....concluded and advised me that she would be the best doctor for my care. Gynaecology is still not involved in my care, despite other specialists being assured I was en route while assisting me with affects on other systems(waiting for and requiring this specialties involvement to the primary issue). This experience has left me at a loss with the lack of communication and confused why it was believed I am under the care of or have access and relations to a surgeon that I just do not. Being uninformed until calling the office after several tries over several months to find out my referral was declined long ago, has left me upset. I am sad and at a loss with what little trust I thought I could muster to possibly get some help with this condition from Dr. Belland. My symptoms have gotten more complex during this wait. Endometriosis can be very crippling affecting quality of life, as well as putting organs etc at risk and I just do not feel my health has been taken seriously or handled with the care deserved. Sadly it seems there are staff issues, which has left me devastated 9 months out to find out out today that an upcoming appointment is not planned, without other options despite being no reason to believe otherwise. I have consequences as a result that are both are real and unfair. It does not sound like from the other reviews that Dr. Belland would be ok with this, although this is what has happened in my case and the position I am currently in because of lack of information being shared and ignored communication attempts. I fell through the cracks and will likely suffer more because of it. Gynaecology as part of my team is essential, although as a patient have been as proactive as possible. It saddens me that this has happened and while I hope she does not think it is ok....it is where I am at and have been left due to what has how my referral was handled.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Dr Lianne Belland is experienced with endometriosis which is why we came to her. Not only was she helpful and knowledgeable but also very personable and friendly and caring and accommodating.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

I have read the reviews for Dr Belland, and quite honestly i think she was wonderful. She did not deliver my children, but did take care of other ovarian/uterine issues i had. She did my hysterectomy and a few years later ovary removal. She even juggled her own personal committments to accomodate my vacation time so that i would spend it in the hospital. That being said, wait times in Calgary simply suck. I have been to several other doctors and its always the same. Blame the healthcare system not the doctors trying to accommodate more patients than the doctors can handle. I have also seen more than my share of doctors with crappy bedside manor, zero social skills, and a complete lack of compassion. I was told by one young doctor that i was fat and thats why my stomach hurt!!! Dr Belland saw me shortly after to find my ovary was the issue and had to be removed. I had nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Belland.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

I've never bothered to write a review for anyone however I feel I must write an exceptional review for Dr Belland. She helped me deliver my 3rd child and I felt so safe and confident with the care she provided. I would recommend her to anyone any time.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Sadly she's considered an expert, which is appaling. She is uneducated regarding the current scientific research and treatment advances occurring for severe endometriosis. her condescension was inappropriate, overall, she was dreadful.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Dr. Lianne Belland's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been to other specialists in Calgary for endometriosis and this is the first time in 25 years that I was listened to and that knew her specialty. She is ..."

April 20, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "She is an excelente doctor but her receptionist is not helpful at all and very unfriendly."

March 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She is extremely sensitive and very helpful and seriously funny! I love her!!"

March 10, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Belland for over 3 years now for chronic pelvic pain issues. She is an absolute angel and the best doctor I have ever seen (and I have se..."

January 4, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Belland was amazing with some procedures that I needed to have done due to menorrhagia. She was thorough, professional and is just a wonderful person who d..."

December 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am very disappointed in my experience with Dr. Belland's office. I was referred to her in April due to gastroenterology stressing the importance of seeing gy..."

December 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Lianne Belland is experienced with endometriosis which is why we came to her. Not only was she helpful and knowledgeable but also very personable and friend..."

December 2, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have read the reviews for Dr Belland, and quite honestly i think she was wonderful. She did not deliver my children, but did take care of other ovarian/uteri..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've never bothered to write a review for anyone however I feel I must write an exceptional review for Dr Belland. She helped me deliver my 3rd child and I felt..."

July 13, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Sadly she's considered an expert, which is appaling. She is uneducated regarding the current scientific research and treatment advances occurring for severe en..."

June 23, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have been waiting for 3 months now to even get in too see the Dr. As written below, her receptionist is quite off putting, and lacks people skills. I have sev..."

June 21, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T1Y0" to "T2E 7W7". Address has been updated from "None" to "#305-1010 1 Ave NE, Calgary". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14032663030".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Belland is extremely friendly but maybe to her own detriment. Her wait times are ridiculous! It was not unusual to wait 2+ hours for a scheduled appointmen..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I do not understand why people bother to read these comments when this doctor has done amazing things for women. People should really get on with enjoying life..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I waited for a number of months to see Dr. Belland and to be right up front, I never got to see her so she may be brilliant but I don't know. Her reception sta..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am seeing Dr Belland for my pregnancy and i find her very pleasant and attentive. The wait times are long and you can expect between one to two hours of wait ..."

January 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been to Dr. Belland for all three pregnancies, she is by far the best doctor I've ever been to. Very efficient, I have never had to wait more then 15 min..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "After waiting nearly 2hrs and 45 minutes, Dr. Belland was gracious enough to grace me with her presence. I had been referred to her by my own OBGYN to perform ..."

December 30, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr Belland for both of my pregnancies. She was thorough, efficient and has a great sense of humour. She stayed hours late on her hospital shift to deliver..."

December 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Belland is absolutely amazing, and I am so thankful for being referred to her! I had a massive ovarian cyst that was causing a ton of problems, and she too..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Belland is the best doctor I have ever met in my life.She is so nice I don't have enough word to describe her.Every woman deserve to have a doctor like her"

November 15, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had an atopic pregnancy that ruptured and she was the surgeon that took care of it. After the surgery she notified me that my other tube had a lot of scaring ..."

October 10, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I waited over a year to see Dr. Belland and the day of my appointment I arrived 15 minutes late because my bus was in an accident. When I arrived she refused t..."

September 10, 2014