Ratings for Dr. Lianne Belland

I do not understand how this receptionist is still employed there! I have been seeing Dr. Belland for 5 years off and on and this receptionist is still the same and treat patients terribly! She is moody, rude, short, talks over you, lazy, and unwilling to do anything or answer any questions. I cannot believe that she allows patients to be treated like this by her.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

Dr. Belland did a complete hysterectomy on me in January of this year. I got 2 infections, had a complete vault dehiscence and had to have a second surgery. Her receptionist is awful and condescending and does not return calls. Dr. Belland talks AT you rather than to you and when I had my second infection she refused to examine me and essentially said I was seeking drugs rather than a solution to the pain I was in. She left me crying in a hospital bed, never returned and left me a prescription for a drug I am allergic to with the nurses. She made me feel like absolute garbage. I would never recommend anyone see her. And her receptionist should be fired. You end up waiting hours and if you dare ask her any questions she snaps at you.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2018

Absolute worst receptionist I have ever encountered. Dr. Belland is awesome but I can't understand how she allows this receptionist to poorly represent her.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

Dr.Belland is a wonderful doctor, but the wait time is unbelievable.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Does not provide adequate care in follow up, MOA is moody and rude,

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

This doctors office is in desperate need of well paid office/staff management and time scheduling.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2018

Dr Belland is hands down one of the nicest, compassionate, and empathetic doctors I have ever met. She's very well educated and knowledgeable. Dr. Belland and her staff have done so much for me there is no way I can ever truly express my gratitude. Thank you for what you do Dr. Belland!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

Doctor Belland is fantastic. Her receptionist is disdainful and actively blocks contact with the doctor even when the doctor has asked you to come back. Dr. Belland is warm, professional, skilled, and very informative. She performed my surgery and made me feel at ease in the OR. She doesn't push women with pelvic issues to have major surgery if it's not needed. My first visit she was swamped and running late, but she had taken the time to read my file before I came in. She believed me when three GPs said they didn’t think I had a problem and wanted to treat me with hormones. She knew I was struggling and booked me into surgery within two weeks, and greatly improved my quality of life with a minimally invasive procedure. I’m very happy with the care she provides. You do wait in her office for awhile, but I’ve found that’s always true of OBGYNs. Her receptionist is openly rude on the phone, uncommunicative in person, and she undermines the doctor’s requests. Dr. Belland asked me to track my symptoms for several months against my cycle then make an appointment to discuss the results. When I called to book, the receptionist said I’d waited too long and would need a new referral. I told her the Dr. specifically asked me to collect this information and come back. Reception reiterated that I was no longer a patient and would need a new referral (and another year-long wait), then she hung up. She would not take my name or check my file to confirm the doctor’s request nor did she seem at all interested in what the doctor wanted. Dr. Belland was genuinely concerned and I think she would have helped me if I’d had any way to get through to her – we’d already discussed a possible treatment option. I called back a week later to see if reception would at least send Dr. Belland’s notes to my GP so he could perhaps try the treatment with me, but she told me I’m not a patient and ended the call. I actually never got treatment for that issue. Now, a few years later, I'm waiting for a referral again for a much-needed surgery and got a sarcastic response to a simple question about the average wait time. Look, I get that her staff have a tough job. A receptionist in a busy office is a gatekeeper who has to manage impatient people, minimize intrusion on the doctor’s time, and try to keep the doctor on schedule. The way to do this is to give patients as much information about non-medical matters as possible, and try to calm patients who are stressed so the doctor doesn’t have to deal with negativity. Dr. Belland’s receptionist does the exact opposite and seems to be so frazzled that her only means of dealing with stress is to shut people down as fast as possible. She doesn't even think it's reasonable for someone to call to make sure they are on the referral list. Well, I once waited a full year for a referral to another medical unit and learned that I was never on the list to begin with and had to start anew. Confirming your status is a basic right for Pete's sake! What an awful person. Sorry, but I said it. I bet one day she costs someone dearly by blocking their access to basic healthcare. Due to this issue, I'm not sure if I'd recommend Dr. Belland though I truly think she's fantastic. It sounds like her nurses/other staff are good too but I've not had the pleasure to talk with any of them.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Alana was very helpful before even entering the office, she actually rescheduled my appointment 10 days earlier than expected which was great! I was only in the office for about an hour and a half, not a long wait time and found Liane and Kaitlin to be very concerned and very sincere. I felt their support and for the first time can sleep at night knowing I am in their hands. Ihave struggled with severe Endometriosis and have a severe case but already have been promised a surgery within 4 to 8 months depending on the required treatment before hand which will minimize my surgery recovery time. I believe in Liane and am very thankful for her staff and the fact that she helps women who suffer from a currently very misunderstood condition. She truly is a hero and will continue to believe in her expertise and her team. Thank you so much for taking the time to see me and help me begin to overcome such a scary diagnosis.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

I waited over 9 months for my referral to go through to see Dr. Belland in hopes of getting help with my endometriosis. When talking on the phone and in person with her receptionist I found the receptionist to be quite rude. When I finally got my appt booked to see Dr. Belland I arrived at her clinic to find a small office that looked like it hadn't been renovated in years. After having to wait quite a bit past my appt time I was moved into a room with missing baseboards and dirt all over the floors and walls. I then found out that this other doctor at the clinic would be doing my assessment before Dr. Belland would come in and see me which I was fine with. After talking to this doctor and explaining my health issues to her she went and grabbed Dr. Belland to come take a look at me. The first thing out of her mouth after introducing herself was "I highly doubt you have endo as you had surgery 8 years ago, your MRI doesn't show any signs of the disease (endo does not show up on scans) and you are young so there really shouldn't be anything wrong with you." She summed up all my pain to just chronic pain and nothing else. She basically implied that because I am young I don't know anything about chronic pain and how it works and that I should just suck it up and get used to a life full of pain. Then after mentioning how I wanted to consider surgery to see if there was a possibility my endo had come back (I heard she is great at excision surgery) she said she would not do surgery unless I went on a medication that cost $1500 a month, a med that I have research and have decided that I never want to take. She then told me that I should just go and see the doctor at the chronic pain clinic and see what they have to say because there was no way my pain could be related or caused by anything else other then just chronic pelvic pain and maybe the idea that its all in my head. I was so hoping that Dr. Belland was going to be the one doctor to help get my life back but I guess I was wrong. I will never go back to her office again, she seems to only care about patients that she thinks is worth her time. If you are younger and have a past history of chronic pain on top of an endo or other diagnosis I would consider seeking a second opinion.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018