Ratings for Dr. Lianne Belland

Dr Belland is very educated and is the best gynecologist in Calgary for women with pelvic pain, endometriosis, interstitial cystitis, PCOS etc. Dr Belland and her whole team have helped me and other women I know and she is a very skilled surgeon. As with all good doctors with good reputations there are alot of people who want to see her - so yes she can have long wait times. From the day I first saw her to the surgery was 4 months and then I saw her for follow ups. After surgery my symptoms were like night and day and most of my symptoms have gone. I always take a book with me to my appointments because I had read that the wait time can be long and I make sure I leave plenty of time for the appointment. Her receptionist is not that bad, she does her job and she gets things done and I think she is fine - she may not be jolly and bubbly but I care more about my specialist being skilled and helping me than the anything else.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Dr. Belland is personable and listens to her patients. The downside is that you may wait for anywhere from 60 to 120 minutes for your appointment. For a pregnant woman who has to come in every week or two, that adds up to a lot of time spent sitting in the waiting room. If it happened once or twice, it could be blamed on an emergency, but it seems to be standard practice, which is simply disrespectful. Even if you book early in the morning, the clinic is somehow already running behind schedule! As it turned out, Dr. Belland did not deliver my baby, and when I tried to call her office a few days after the delivery, the receptionist quite rudely told me that now that the baby was born, I was no longer Dr Belland patient. I knew beforehand that would be the case, but I needed some information from my charts at the hospital because the public health nurse required some information about my baby's birth because there were some complications arising. The receptionist absolutely would not help me, and I was left in tears. I never did get the information, and the receptionist would not allow me to speak to Dr. Belland, and she's wouldn't give her a message on my behalf.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I have had two appointments with Dr. Belland and like her very much. She makes you feel comfortable and I have confidence in knowledge and skills. The waiting is endless. Both times I've seen her I've waited over an hour past my appointment time. On my first appointment she had me sign paperwork to have a laproscopic surgery done for endometriosis. It was suggested that the surgery would be completed in approximately 4 months. That was 5 months ago. I called to follow up recently on the wait and was told that they are backed up 8 months and that it would be several more months before I'd be called. On my second appointment, which was 5 weeks ago, Dr. Belland herself had told me that the backlog was clearing and that i was getting very close. I questioned the receptionist about this and was told "Dr. Belland is telling all her patients that and it's not true." I feel deceived and lied to, and don't understand why there can't be better communication or transparency around surgical wait times. I'm not convinced the receptionist even checked my file or the waitlist before calling me back. The response seemed like a canned response that she gives everyone. I asked several times to speak with the nurse and was told that if I hadn't yet received a date then she doesn't have any information for me. I checked the Alberta Surgical Wait Times website and it shows that 90% of non urgent cases are seen within 22 weeks. I'm at 20 weeks and haven't heard a peep. I understand that the wait can be lengthy and frustrating and that there are many factors which can cause delays, but as a working parent, I will need to make some arrangements for this time and am feeling fed up with the lack of communication and the differing information between the receptionist and the surgeon herself.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Even though I had to wait in the waiting room for an hour, with my appointment being the first of the day, it was worth the wait. The receptionist isn't the nicest, so take her with a grain of salt. I've had endometriosis problems for around 15 years and nobody has been able to help. Dr. Belland was completely knowledgable and sympathetic to my problems and is going to remove all and any of the infected tissue, resolving my pain and constant need to miss work. Currently waiting for a surgery date and I cannot wait.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

I read the comment below and I don't want to believe that Dr. Belland really yelled at her patient. I am currently her patient and a little disheartened by what I read. We all have bad days but we all need to exercise restraint. I am emotionally sensitive and I cry easily so if I was in that patient's shoes I would have left her office bawling my eyes out. I would have been so embarassed. An eye-watering comment for sure. I hope the person who wrote the comment at least had the presence of mind to step in and offer some words of comfort. I hope I don't get yelled because the specialist that I had before her treated me with the utmost respect. He was unbelievably nice to me!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

Lianne Belland is an amazing person and doctor. She is caring, sensitive, knowledgeable and cares deeply about the ladies she looks after. And it isn't just her, it is her whole team. I have never understood how there are male gynaecologists. I am sure some of them are good. My wife suffered from terrible pain for more than 10 years from undiagnosed endo. She was pushed from one male gynaecologist to another. Sent home from ER so many times with a handful of Percocets and told they don't know what is wrong. Until one day we had the good fortune of meeting a female doctor in ER. And two female gynaecologists on duty, one of whom was the brilliant Dr Wagner who was part of Sr Bellands team. They refused to send her home until they knew what the problem was. When they couldn't diagnose the problem they carried out a laparoscopy the same night and found she was riddled with endo. A hysterectomy followed and now she needs further surgery because of the Scarring but it is not half as frightening because we know Lianne Belland is fighting for us all the way. And what a great sense of humour she has! Thank you Dr. Belland, you truly are an angel.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

I agreed with other comments here about wait time, it was ridiculous! I waited in the waiting room for a food 2.5 hours, when I went inside, I waited another 1.5 hour only to see the doctor for 10 minutes! I understand there is wait time but I have not expect anyone to make you wait for a good 4 hours (except in hospital emergency room!). Please reconsider your booking schedule and respect other people's time as well!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Dr. Belland rescued my life last year with finding not only Endometriosis but also my Cervical Cancer. Thank you Dr. Belland for everything!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Belland for a few years. She is very knowledgeable in her field especially with Endo. I have also had 2 surgery's with her that went off without a hitch! Will see here again for sure! Her Receptionist is quite rude and abrupt.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

only rating on the staff and my wait time. I came in for my appointment, early and waited for 30 minutes. The other patient in the waiting room was there before me and still was not called in before my appointment. I was told the appointment was 30 minutes long. I had to return to work and could not sit there for another hour as the receptionist said it would likely be over an hour longer wait. Why make an appointment if you end up waiting walk in clinic times? When I asked if I could rebook, would I have to pay the $100 fee. The receptionist, Alana said I would because I left this appointment. Don't waste your time here. You get attitude from reception and end up waiting WAY over your appointment time.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016