Ratings for Dr. Lianne Belland

Dr. Belland rescued my life last year with finding not only Endometriosis but also my Cervical Cancer. Thank you Dr. Belland for everything!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Belland for a few years. She is very knowledgeable in her field especially with Endo. I have also had 2 surgery's with her that went off without a hitch! Will see here again for sure! Her Receptionist is quite rude and abrupt.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

only rating on the staff and my wait time. I came in for my appointment, early and waited for 30 minutes. The other patient in the waiting room was there before me and still was not called in before my appointment. I was told the appointment was 30 minutes long. I had to return to work and could not sit there for another hour as the receptionist said it would likely be over an hour longer wait. Why make an appointment if you end up waiting walk in clinic times? When I asked if I could rebook, would I have to pay the $100 fee. The receptionist, Alana said I would because I left this appointment. Don't waste your time here. You get attitude from reception and end up waiting WAY over your appointment time.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

This doctor want to learn by hook or crook doesn't care about patients but only her love ones

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

I recently started seeing Dr. Belland. As a young female I have dealt with chronic pain issues for years and was always told it was in my head. After numerous tests and emergency room visits, I received a referral and finally had an appointment with her. She is by far the best Dr I have ever had. She has not once undermined me as to what I have experienced. She is sympathetic and understanding, unlike most doctors. Hands down, Dr. Belland is the best!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

I would recommend any woman with endometriosis to see Dr. Belland! She is very knowledgeable, kind, considerate and gentle! I have seen so many gynaecologists in the past for my endometriosis only to be discouraged and disgusted by their lack of knowledge or their need to push medications at me when I desperately needed surgery! After much research on surgical technique I had my family doctor refer me to her, as she does excision surgery which is far better then the laser cauterization that other surgeons do! She's the first doctor that seemed to really hear me and she agreed that surgery was absolutely the best for me. I had a hysterectomy and excision surgery with her and I couldn't have been in better or more skilled hands! Anyone with endometriosis will know how it can take over your life and leave you feeling alone, exhausted, and in unbelievable pain. Dr. Belland is the endometriosis angel of Alberta! I had to wait a few months after my referral to see her and then wait another 8 months for surgery but she is well worth the wait! My appointments have always beeen early in the morning so I've never waited long but I can see how she would fall behind through the day as she takes time with her patients, never rushing through an appointment, trust me though I would wait all day to see her, she's the very best! Her staff are great too and I like her receptionist, she's always been very accommodating with me and whenever I have phoned and needed a note for work she has gotten on it right away. I can't recommend Dr. Belland enough, and if you have endometriosis she's the Dr to see! She has given me a new lease on life, when so many other doctors left me feeling hopeless and doomed to "just deal with it" for far too many years!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

It's true, the wait can be kind of crazy and receptionist is not the warmest out there. However, Dr. Belland herself is immensely knowledgeable and very caring. Considering how thorough she is when I'm there and have a confusing case I can see her running behind now and then. When you do get seen she doesn't skimp and she's been a huge help for me.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

worst receptionist I have every dealt with, very rude and no help in anyway

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

I found her to be very knowledgeable and understanding. I found her receptionist to be rather abrupt and not very helpful. Always seems to be overbooked and always a rather long wait!!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

I have to admit, I was very disappointed in Dr. Belland and the treatment I received from her and her office. I wouldn't recommend her. She seems to be more interested in her profits than patients. I had to cancel a minor operation a day before my scheduled date due to an unexpected LEGITIMATE emergency. And I rebooked it for another time. However, after talking to another doctor and individual about my condition, they didn't think it might be necessary for me to have the procedure. (I do not like getting operations, however minor, performed unless there is a real legitimate concern). So I called Dr. Belland's office back at least two weeks prior to the next scheduled surgery date to cancel it, and explained that after talking to others I didn't think it was necessary for me to have the procedure, but I would think it over. A few weeks later I decided to make an appointment to see Dr.Belland to understand why she thought I should have the procedure. If she was adamant about it, and explained why I should have it, I definitely would go along with her reasoning then. Well, on the day of my appointment, they asked me to come in an hour earlier. So I did of course. The waiting room was very full. As I sat waiting, a woman in the room asked another person what time their appointment was for. It turned out they had exactly the same appointment time, and at least two other individuals waiting also had the same appointment time too! And my appointment time was at least a half hour after theirs. They overbook patients and do not care how long you have to wait. I guess only their time, and money, is valuable! I sat in the waiting room for four hours, and then I had to leave because I HAD to go to work! So I never even saw Dr. Belland. (And others had quite a long wait too). I realized it was probably totally spiteful making me wait so long because I cancelled a surgery twice (due to a legitimate emergency and also another surgery date, but still gave lots of notice). I do not think it was right for them to jump to conclusions and assume I was not a "punctual or disrespectful" patient, and treat someone like the way they treated me. I now have a much better gynecologist who explains things to me. And she also said it was not necessary for me to have the procedure Dr. Belland was going to do, after she examined me further. It seems Dr. Belland is just interested in maximizing her profits by overbooking patients and performing the maximum amount of procedures she can!!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016