Ratings for Dr. Asiru Abu-Bakare

Tarribal doctor weird manners they let me wait for an hour and even he did not talk to me he just talked to his doctoc pracien he is training her and i am waiting. Rude work are done he set in the check up bed like he is the patient not me . This is the worst doctor experience i ever had

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

Dr.Abu-Bakare is probably THE WORST DOCTOR I've ever seen in my life. He told me that because I don't meet HIS criteria for insulin pump therapy that he would not be submitting my application to the government for funding. It's not like I am way out of wack but I have a hard time keeping my sugars under control which is why I need/use a pump, but without government funding, it is very very expensive and hard to afford by myself. That being said, I 100% meet the criteria for government funding that the Canadian government sets out, it is just the so-called "Doctor" that says I don't and he is now playing with MY health because he has some personal issue with me apparently. THIS IS DISGUSTING and he shouldn't legally be able to practise medicine ANYWHERE on earth, nevermind Canada. I would highly recommend you go elsewhere or if you are in Thunder Bay, try to get into the Centre for Complex Diabetes Care that is run by Dr.Malik, he is a great man and after my first appointment I was blown away that there is actually someone how wants to help people and let them get back to living their life.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

I am so surprised at the reviews. Dr Abu-Bakare is a wonderful Doctor. He listens and is helpful and takes the time to listen. Thanks

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

If you love long wait times and a horrible bed side manner, Dr. Abu Bakare is for you.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

After reading the negative reviews, I was very hesitant to attend my appointment, however Dr. Abu-Bakare was a very quiet, knowledgeable and gentle doctor. He took the time to answer my questions concerning my diabetes and I certainly didn't feel that I was rushed out of his office. If necessary, I would not hesitate revisiting him at all.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Definitely not up to date on the latest type 1 diabetic treatments and is not open to hearing about them.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Very rude. I have gone to see him multiple times every time he was at least half and hour late to the appointments. I went to see him today and he told me my levels were ok and I am no longer a patient. When I had other questions he continued to tell me I am no longer his patient and I would have to tell my family doctor because it's not his problem.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

He is probably the worst docs I have ever seen so far. He is extremely lazy and rude, he wants to do the minimum amount of work or best be nothing. He likes to blame on other doctors while it is obvious his fault. He is the only endocrinologist in TB that's probably explains why.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

There are no words in the English language to describe the horrific treatment patient are exposed to in the name of medical care .Why are we not allowed to have adequate health care ??/

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

Was very polite, however very narrow minded on treatments. Old school thinking. There is other treatment for Type 1 Diabetics not just insulin, On his defense I have heard a few Endocrinologists have no interest in Pancreas Transplant. He was hopeful for my future with my new Pancreas. And no longer being Diabetic.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016