Ratings for Dr. Asiru Abu-Bakare

After reading the negative reviews, I was very hesitant to attend my appointment, however Dr. Abu-Bakare was a very quiet, knowledgeable and gentle doctor. He took the time to answer my questions concerning my diabetes and I certainly didn't feel that I was rushed out of his office. If necessary, I would not hesitate revisiting him at all.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Definitely not up to date on the latest type 1 diabetic treatments and is not open to hearing about them.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Very rude. I have gone to see him multiple times every time he was at least half and hour late to the appointments. I went to see him today and he told me my levels were ok and I am no longer a patient. When I had other questions he continued to tell me I am no longer his patient and I would have to tell my family doctor because it's not his problem.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

He is probably the worst docs I have ever seen so far. He is extremely lazy and rude, he wants to do the minimum amount of work or best be nothing. He likes to blame on other doctors while it is obvious his fault. He is the only endocrinologist in TB that's probably explains why.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

There are no words in the English language to describe the horrific treatment patient are exposed to in the name of medical care .Why are we not allowed to have adequate health care ??/

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

Was very polite, however very narrow minded on treatments. Old school thinking. There is other treatment for Type 1 Diabetics not just insulin, On his defense I have heard a few Endocrinologists have no interest in Pancreas Transplant. He was hopeful for my future with my new Pancreas. And no longer being Diabetic.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

I have seen him a handful of times and each time his attitude is worse and I leave in tears. I have been dealing with a pituitary tumour for over a year and I am still in the same spot I started. Don't even think of asking him a question, or telling him any info of your symptoms, because you will be wrong and he is right. He is arrogant, rude and unhelpful. I am in the process of seeking the endocrinologist at the Mayo Clinic in Minneapolis, I suggest all his patients do the same.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

I thought he was great! Very informative and thorough.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Exhibits a thin veneer of professionalism that evaporates as soon as one asks a question that might not align with his assessment. What could the patient know? He should be a leader as the Director and clearly does not lead. He isn't even aware of the clinics own policies and procedures even as he uses them as an excuse not to be able to help. Strongly suggest immediate referral elsewhere if possible. Otherwise, be prepared to follow his interpretation of policy and procedure while your health continues to deteriorate, regardless of the Hippocratic oath one must assume he took.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

He was very late but spent almost an hr with me and was very kind to me,

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016