Ratings for Dr. Asiru Abu-Bakare

http://www.cpso.on.ca/CPSO/media/documents/Positions%20and%20Initiatives/Complaints/Complaint-form-2014_1.pdf http://www.cpso.on.ca/uploadedFiles/policies/complaints/Consent-Release-Medical-Information_for-patient.pdf

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I have seen him a handful of times and each time his attitude is worse and I leave in tears. I have been dealing with a pituitary tumour for over a year and I am still in the same spot I started. Don't even think of asking him a question, or telling him any info of your symptoms, because you will be wrong and he is right. He is arrogant, rude and unhelpful. I am in the process of seeking the endocrinologist at the Mayo Clinic in Minneapolis, I suggest all his patients do the same.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

I thought he was great! Very informative and thorough.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Exhibits a thin veneer of professionalism that evaporates as soon as one asks a question that might not align with his assessment. What could the patient know? He should be a leader as the Director and clearly does not lead. He isn't even aware of the clinics own policies and procedures even as he uses them as an excuse not to be able to help. Strongly suggest immediate referral elsewhere if possible. Otherwise, be prepared to follow his interpretation of policy and procedure while your health continues to deteriorate, regardless of the Hippocratic oath one must assume he took.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

He was very late but spent almost an hr with me and was very kind to me,

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

He's friendly and knowledgeable. Really wish he would do telehealth though as it's a long way to travel for a five minute appointment which he mainly spends looking at my chart.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

This guy was RUDE the minute I saw him and was rude to my family doc. There was clearly a endocrine problem and he ignored repeated attempts from my family doctor to contact him for clarification. UNPROFESSIONAL RUDE UNRELIABLE what a great doctor. This makes me sick I have to take time off work to goto Toronto for health care becuse this guy won't acknowledge my family doctor who was visibly upset and felt bad that I wasn't getting the health care I need. Avoid this man at all costs - fore-warned

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

I have the same negative opinion of Dr. Abu-Bakare. He decided to order a test which was not done incorrectly by Life Labs. When I called to find out what was the next step, he decided he wasn't going to redo the test and he wasn't going to do anything further. So I was let go as a patient, but I still have the same issues with no one helping me. It is sad that he is the only endocrinologist in Thunder Bay.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Extremely Rude and dismisssive. Wouldn't take my clearly spelled out problems seriously until I literally just got up and walked out of the room. Even after, still very unhelpful and condecending

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Looks like he's been receiving a lot of negative comments. My one and only appointment was for him to go through my medical history and to approve me for Gastric Bypass. When he asked if I had any questions I just said, "Nope". Looks like I might have come through unscathed. Hope it goes better for the others who had a negative experience.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015