You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Asiru Abu-Bakare

He was very late but spent almost an hr with me and was very kind to me,

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

He's friendly and knowledgeable. Really wish he would do telehealth though as it's a long way to travel for a five minute appointment which he mainly spends looking at my chart.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

This guy was RUDE the minute I saw him and was rude to my family doc. There was clearly a endocrine problem and he ignored repeated attempts from my family doctor to contact him for clarification. UNPROFESSIONAL RUDE UNRELIABLE what a great doctor. This makes me sick I have to take time off work to goto Toronto for health care becuse this guy won't acknowledge my family doctor who was visibly upset and felt bad that I wasn't getting the health care I need. Avoid this man at all costs - fore-warned

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

I have the same negative opinion of Dr. Abu-Bakare. He decided to order a test which was not done incorrectly by Life Labs. When I called to find out what was the next step, he decided he wasn't going to redo the test and he wasn't going to do anything further. So I was let go as a patient, but I still have the same issues with no one helping me. It is sad that he is the only endocrinologist in Thunder Bay.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Extremely Rude and dismisssive. Wouldn't take my clearly spelled out problems seriously until I literally just got up and walked out of the room. Even after, still very unhelpful and condecending

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Looks like he's been receiving a lot of negative comments. My one and only appointment was for him to go through my medical history and to approve me for Gastric Bypass. When he asked if I had any questions I just said, "Nope". Looks like I might have come through unscathed. Hope it goes better for the others who had a negative experience.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

This is the worst Dr. I have ever seen in my life; he was rude, unhelpful and my condition simple got worse when seeing him and much better when no longer seeing him. Sad.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

worst dr ever. not going to bother with bashing him, all the negative reviews are correct. best to look out of town for a better endo who may actually care and not be so ignorant to serious medical issues. Disgusted!!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Worst dr experience ever, and that is saying a lot. Pig-headed, and refused to help me. He knows he is the only endcrinologist in town, can get away with murder, and so he takes advantage. What I deal with is nowhere in the realm of normal for a man. Nowhere. And never mind his rude, rude, rude "manners". He should loose his license.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

This guy has a heart of stone. No sympathy for a severely ill elderly patient. Instead of comfort he made patient upset with his bullyish attitude and ridiculous accusations. Refused to get any extra help or direction. Had to do this all on our own. Lied to other doctors about this patient. The other doctors were disgusted by this. Terminates this patient's care without proper procedures and it takes an angry phone call from another doctor to resume patient's care. What a sad way for someones life to end knowing how they were treated. Shame on everyone who allows this pompous guy to carry on this way.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2014

Dr. Asiru Abu-Bakare's Credentials

Updates

• A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "He was very late but spent almost an hr with me and was very kind to me, "

February 3, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "He's friendly and knowledgeable. Really wish he would do telehealth though as it's a long way to travel for a five minute appointment which he mainly spends loo..."

September 28, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This guy was RUDE the minute I saw him and was rude to my family doc. There was clearly a endocrine problem and he ignored repeated attempts from my family doc..."

September 27, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I have the same negative opinion of Dr. Abu-Bakare. He decided to order a test which was not done incorrectly by Life Labs. When I called to find out what was t..."

September 23, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Extremely Rude and dismisssive. Wouldn't take my clearly spelled out problems seriously until I literally just got up and walked out of the room. Even after, ..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Looks like he's been receiving a lot of negative comments. My one and only appointment was for him to go through my medical history and to approve me for Gastri..."

January 20, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "This is the worst Dr. I have ever seen in my life; he was rude, unhelpful and my condition simple got worse when seeing him and much better when no longer seein..."

November 3, 2014