Ratings for Dr. Cindy Lai

This woman missed -- because she wouldn't advocate, as asked, a lymphoma diagnosis. It seems she works for the insurance comapany, not the patient -- and nearly killed the patient because she didn''t advocate for the cancer diagnosis urged by the radiologist. If you want a competent medical professional, go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2013

Dr. Lai has a very nice demeanor. I have seen her twice now, and both times she has been very pleasant. I appreciate that she does not make me come in for minor things. She has phoned in a prescription for me for a zpack twice, and I really appreciate that. As an adult, I know what type of colds require an antibiotic. Last visit I waited over 40 minutes which I was annoyed by...however she was not rushed when she finally saw me, so I guess that's not the end of the world. I have not had to see her for any super serious issues, but for a general practitioner I like her a lot.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011

Dr. Lai is very friendly but I do question her ability to diagnose and treat basic things. (I'm undecided on if this is due to a lack of knowledge or confidence). I agree that it feels like she tends to rely on unnecessary tests or pawn you off to specialists for diagnosis. (I was referred to her from a friend and know at least 3 others who have seen her. All of us were "required" to have a heart sonogram). For at least 4 months I was required to see her every month for her to write a basic prescription refill. The "appointment" only consisted of her asking how I was. It was covered by my insurance, so it wasn't a big deal for me financially. Then they just stopped without explanation. She's a fine doctor for minor things like allergies or sore throat. I would not feel comfortable relying on her if I was worried that I had a serious health issue. If money is an important issue, I'd recommend going to another doctor as unnecessary appointments and procedures can add up over time.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010

Dr. Lai, while friendly, seems to lack the ability to diagnose or treat issues that most Internal Medicine doctors would trreat. She seems to pawn people off on specialists for every little issue. The worst part is that I would call the office explain the problem, even ask if she would just tell me to see a specialist. After being told she would treat me, I would go in, only to once again have her tell me to see a specialist. So I not only paid her, but I paid a specialist. She also didn't call in a prescription for me on time,even though I had explained to her and the staff that I needed it called in within 2 days before the end of the year because my deductible was met, which would have meant that the presecription would not cost me anything. By them not calling in until after the New Year, my deductible reset and I had to pay for my prescription, which was quite expensive.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2010

I find that Dr. Lai is extremely thorough and caring. She is a fine young doctor and is genuinely concerned with her patient's well-being.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2009

Stay away!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2008

Dr. Cindy Lai's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)