Ratings for Dr. Jim Dooner

Not really happy with this doctor. My husband had a Carotid scrape and the doctor never once visited him in the hospital after the surgery. There were some complications and he left with a catheter still in his bladder. Finally his assistant set us up with a Urologist in Nanaimo. Still waiting 12 days after surgery to hear why he cant use his bladder and what complications are at fault for his condition. My husband is really starting to suffer. In addition to that he was not given any pain medication upon leaving the hospital or a follow up date to see Dr. Dooner. Not sure why all this is happening.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr. Dooner repaired a large aortic aneurism for me. I found him to be very informative before and after surgery. He also was there basically every day to inform me of my progress after surgery. To me he was a life saver. Shana his office assistant was also incredible. What more can you ask for?

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Saved my life.Did a very tricky emergency operation for my very large abdominal aortic aneurysm .Also has a very caring bedside manner.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

Dr Dooner recently performed RFA of my GSV as well as SSV . Dr Dooner was very professional and provided excellent pre and post procedure teaching. Recovery post procedure has been uneventful .I would highly recommend this procedure for anyone that has issues with varicose veins.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr. J. Dooner did a popliteal bypass graft on my right leg in August 2014 to bypass a large aneurysm. His manners and diligence were optimal. His lucid explanations are complete and I felt very confident in placing myself in his hands. I think he is an outstanding surgeon and recommend him without hesitation.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

dr. dooner diagnosed a long standing health issue quickly, explained the options and referred me for a procedure that gave me my life back. thankyou to him and his staff.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr. Jim Dooner did a bowel resection on my husband, after cancerous polyps were removed. After the resection, he was never the same, he returned many times to emergency vomiting bile. Eventually Dr. Holland went in and enlarged the opening, which was half the size of a pea, so that my husband could pass waste through. The doctor was difficult to get to talk to, I waited 17 hrs. in hospital and eventually he phoned me on the ward, and ASKED ME what I thought the problem was. I had asked for a second opinion, but the family doctor refused, saying it would be a complete waste of health care dollars. My husband eventually passed from bladder cancer, but the colon setbacks sapped his strength so much, he had very little energy left to fight the cancer.There is much more to the story, but this is the short version.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Dr Dooner is the best surgeon my family has ever dealt with. He performed a surgery on my 82 yr old mother, and cleared a huge blockage in her Carotid artery. He explained exactly what he would do, and what she could expect afterwards. His bedside manner was awesome, and he made my mom feel totally at ease about the procedure.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

Jim Dooner rocks! He is a very caring and knowledgeable surgeon. I have great respect for him.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Excellent surgeon but his mannner I found rather supercilious which frightened me. As a patient I wished for a deal more respect.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011