You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Jim Dooner

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

Dr Dooner recently performed RFA of my GSV as well as SSV . Dr Dooner was very professional and provided excellent pre and post procedure teaching. Recovery post procedure has been uneventful .I would highly recommend this procedure for anyone that has issues with varicose veins.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr. J. Dooner did a popliteal bypass graft on my right leg in August 2014 to bypass a large aneurysm. His manners and diligence were optimal. His lucid explanations are complete and I felt very confident in placing myself in his hands. I think he is an outstanding surgeon and recommend him without hesitation.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

dr. dooner diagnosed a long standing health issue quickly, explained the options and referred me for a procedure that gave me my life back. thankyou to him and his staff.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr. Jim Dooner did a bowel resection on my husband, after cancerous polyps were removed. After the resection, he was never the same, he returned many times to emergency vomiting bile. Eventually Dr. Holland went in and enlarged the opening, which was half the size of a pea, so that my husband could pass waste through. The doctor was difficult to get to talk to, I waited 17 hrs. in hospital and eventually he phoned me on the ward, and ASKED ME what I thought the problem was. I had asked for a second opinion, but the family doctor refused, saying it would be a complete waste of health care dollars. My husband eventually passed from bladder cancer, but the colon setbacks sapped his strength so much, he had very little energy left to fight the cancer.There is much more to the story, but this is the short version.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Dr Dooner is the best surgeon my family has ever dealt with. He performed a surgery on my 82 yr old mother, and cleared a huge blockage in her Carotid artery. He explained exactly what he would do, and what she could expect afterwards. His bedside manner was awesome, and he made my mom feel totally at ease about the procedure.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

Jim Dooner rocks! He is a very caring and knowledgeable surgeon. I have great respect for him.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Excellent surgeon but his mannner I found rather supercilious which frightened me. As a patient I wished for a deal more respect.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

after experiencing extreme pain due to claudication in both legs i was referred to dr. dooner. he knew immediately what the problem was, arterial blockage both legs. he scheduled me for a ctscan quite quickly and within a few weeks i was scheduled for surgery. i was unable to walk any more than short distances without extreme pain. after a 3 hour surgery in royal jubilee hospital for bi lateral femoral endarectomy, i was up walking the next day, since the surgery the pain is gone and all is well. dr dooner is an extremely good surgeon, very likeable and highly competant. i would recommend him highly to anyone who needs vascular surgery. his staff is also beyond compare. thnk you dr dooner for giving me back my quality of life an enabling to walk again

flag | Submitted August 20, 2011

An excellent specialist who has created the best vascular surgery website (along with his associate Dr Lee) for patients. I spent days researching the topic and there is nothing else as comprehensive as what they've produced. http://www.doonerandlee.vasculardomain.com/ My interest was in varicose veins and it provided so much information before my appt. Dr. Dooner was very thorough and diagnosed a problem that three other physicians had failed to identify. He is very thoughtful and has that remarkable ability to reduce your anxiety rather than raise it! I couldn't recommend him more highly.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

Dr. Jim Dooner's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Saved my life.Did a very tricky emergency operation for my very large abdominal aortic aneurysm .Also has a very caring bedside manner."

December 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Dooner recently performed RFA of my GSV as well as SSV . Dr Dooner was very professional and provided excellent pre and post procedure teaching. Recovery p..."

November 12, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V8N1" to "V8V 3M9". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 405-1120 Yates St". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12502208931".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. J. Dooner did a popliteal bypass graft on my right leg in August 2014 to bypass a large aneurysm. His manners and diligence were optimal. His lucid explana..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "dr. dooner diagnosed a long standing health issue quickly, explained the options and referred me for a procedure that gave me my life back. thankyou to him a..."

February 11, 2015
  • combined ratings from Vascular Surgeon listing (DID: 3374972)

May 31, 2012