Ratings for Dr. William Johnston

I have been dealing with KC for a number of years and Dr. Johnston is my second ophthalmologist. For me because one procedure is not an option he only monitors my visions decline. He is knowledgeable, and his staff is efficient. The bad is that EVERY YEAR I have gone to him I have been rebooked within days of my appointment because he is "out of town" that day. I require a driver to bring me to appointments as well as to get me home, so constant cancellations affect more than "just me". The person who rebooked me this year seemed to be bored with her job, and like she really didn't care whatsoever that they were turning my schedule up side down - again. Appointments do NOT work for anyone working unless they take a day off work, so you can imagine how that may make last minute cancelations highly disrespectful. One doctor appointment costs multiple days of work. Also when you DO get to have your appointment you are waiting for a very long time in an often stuffy office.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Great dr great bed side manner and Dr Johnston takes the time to explain things to you .I had eye lazer surgery for glaucoma to hopefully bring my pressures down I was so nervous but dr J explained exactly what he was going to do and what he was doing.I really like Dr J .I actually just moved here from vic and was seeing a different Opthamologist. I was having issues with pressure and pain in my eyes and I didn't have to wait long to get in to see him .I would recommend dr Johnston to anyone that needed a opthamologist. Thank you Dr Johnston. ☺

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Johnston for over 5 years now. I was a patient of Dr. Hay, but that clinic was a "puppy mill". Dr. Johnston's staff are fantastic! They are friendly and efficient. Yes, Dr. Johnston could perhaps be a bit more "friendly", but he is there to help out many patients and he probably feels that he should be helping patients not chatting. He is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I am very impressed with the staff of Dr. Johnston's Very friendly and efficient. Dr. Johnston also is a very kind, efficient doctor. I have severe anxiety and was made to feel calm and comfortable in their office.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

This is an humble and honest review about this opthalmologisst. My experience with him was traumatic and along with this I learn about the dark side of medical pratice in the sest. His assistant a large woman with blond hair had a very passive aggressive.personality and she treated me like I was a number this pratice. Another one of his assistance a slim brunette younger girl with long and straight hair treated me in inhumane ways. Thee way i was treated by him and most of his assistance was unethical. I left that place feeling in shocked from the type of treatement which I received by his team. I have to admit there was one lady with long wavy/culrs she was the exception out of the bunch. The way they trated me i can only hope that one day they don't have to experience such dark and ill testaments themselves.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

DR. JOHNSTON IS THE WORLDS BEST DOCTOR TO ME. HE PERFORMED P.K ON MY EYE IN 2010 AT NANAIMO.AFTER THAT EVERY DOCTOR WHO HAS SEEN MY CORNEA HAS PRAISED HIS WORK AS GREAT..HIS STAFF NAMELY DABBY WERE VERY GENEROUS TO ME,ALWAYS THEIR FOR SUPPORT AND HELP.I WILL NEVER FORGET MY EXPERIENCE AT HIS CLINIC.I AM INDEBTED TO THEM FOR MY LIFE...MAY GOD BLESS DR.JOHNSTON AND HIS STAFF WITH ALL THE SUCCESS IN WORLD...... VIRINDER SINGH.....

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

Very happy with Dr Johnston. Very thorough, very knowledgeable he does not have time for idle chit chat and does not engage in any. He got down to business. His many staff were very friendly and professional. They run a very busy office and yes they often run behind. I was sent to Dr Johnston because of a cornea ulcer and I feel I was treated well and would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Think of Johnson most days..small benign cyst remove...incredible light on the retina, subsequent daily dry eye due to the lid not closing properly.. Should never of had the two minute surgery, few years now of daily irritation. Careful what you do..Dr may be good but whatever end result you live with the rest of your life.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

Small benign cyst on the lower right eyelid, removed by Dr Johnston and subsequent "dry eye" due to notch in lower eye lid. Sorry I had the procedure done. Family Dr wrote Dr Johnston for a follow-up visit...over a YEAR before his office called. Didn't bother ..he didn't follow-up why should I..no pun intended, artificial tears my friend.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

He is an amazing surgeon and would not want anyone else to waste time with othe doctors in town. His staff are friendly and and helpful but look like they are ran ragged. He works them too hard! Would not see anyone else for my Mac degeneration. I am an old bird who is pretty particular.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015