Ratings for Dr. William Johnston

This is an humble and honest review about this opthalmologisst. My experience with him was traumatic and along with this I learn about the dark side of medical pratice in the sest. His assistant a large woman with blond hair had a very passive aggressive.personality and she treated me like I was a number this pratice. Another one of his assistance a slim brunette younger girl with long and straight hair treated me in inhumane ways. Thee way i was treated by him and most of his assistance was unethical. I left that place feeling in shocked from the type of treatement which I received by his team. I have to admit there was one lady with long wavy/culrs she was the exception out of the bunch. The way they trated me i can only hope that one day they don't have to experience such dark and ill testaments themselves.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

DR. JOHNSTON IS THE WORLDS BEST DOCTOR TO ME. HE PERFORMED P.K ON MY EYE IN 2010 AT NANAIMO.AFTER THAT EVERY DOCTOR WHO HAS SEEN MY CORNEA HAS PRAISED HIS WORK AS GREAT..HIS STAFF NAMELY DABBY WERE VERY GENEROUS TO ME,ALWAYS THEIR FOR SUPPORT AND HELP.I WILL NEVER FORGET MY EXPERIENCE AT HIS CLINIC.I AM INDEBTED TO THEM FOR MY LIFE...MAY GOD BLESS DR.JOHNSTON AND HIS STAFF WITH ALL THE SUCCESS IN WORLD...... VIRINDER SINGH.....

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

Very happy with Dr Johnston. Very thorough, very knowledgeable he does not have time for idle chit chat and does not engage in any. He got down to business. His many staff were very friendly and professional. They run a very busy office and yes they often run behind. I was sent to Dr Johnston because of a cornea ulcer and I feel I was treated well and would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Think of Johnson most days..small benign cyst remove...incredible light on the retina, subsequent daily dry eye due to the lid not closing properly.. Should never of had the two minute surgery, few years now of daily irritation. Careful what you do..Dr may be good but whatever end result you live with the rest of your life.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

Small benign cyst on the lower right eyelid, removed by Dr Johnston and subsequent "dry eye" due to notch in lower eye lid. Sorry I had the procedure done. Family Dr wrote Dr Johnston for a follow-up visit...over a YEAR before his office called. Didn't bother ..he didn't follow-up why should I..no pun intended, artificial tears my friend.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

He is an amazing surgeon and would not want anyone else to waste time with othe doctors in town. His staff are friendly and and helpful but look like they are ran ragged. He works them too hard! Would not see anyone else for my Mac degeneration. I am an old bird who is pretty particular.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

This is a very busy office and yet I always felt taken care of. The staff are friendly and professional and it is obvious that Dr. Johnston is incredibly knowledgeable and skilled. I personally have had excellent surgical results and I know many others who have been pleased with their outcomes. His office is state of the art, his staff are well trained all of which lead to the best possibe care. He is not a chatty doctor but I'm not looking for a friend, rather I am looking for excellent skills and knowledge which I got!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

My visit with this Dr. Was thw worst experience with a medical " so called professional"! this Dr. Is not a nice, caring, helpful or compassionate Dr. In any way! His only concern is to take your money, and send you out the revolving door he calls a Doctors office. The staff is amazing, but this man did not listen to any of my concerns, or alleviate any stress about a procedure I was inquiring about. On top of all that, his first available date was 7 months from now, I could go blind by then. Terrible terrible experience, beware !!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Both the staff and the Doctortreats the elderly like cattle

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

This was undoubtedly one of the best specialists I have had the honour to see. I was told what to bring and to expect to be there about an hour and a half. The admin staff was superior, as they guided me through the sign-in process. They didn't try to rush or make me feel I was monopolizing their time. After sign-in, I was called by no less than 3 opthalmic techs, who each did their job with a detailed knowledge and precision. Between each test, I took my seat in the waiting area, but, the time went by quickly. By the time all the tests were done and the drops did their work, I was seen by Dr Johnston, a very amicable and knowledgeable Opthalmologist. He diagnosed my problem quickly, and in "layman's" terms explained what was going on, but advised against any intervention unless the problem progressed further. He recommended I see him in a year to re-assess the problem again. He at no time seemed rushed during the appointment and took time to explain everything. I was out of the office in one and a half hours on the dot - as promised. An excellent visit.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014