Ratings for Dr. Sharon Le Clerq

I have been under Dr. Le Clerq's care for over 5 years and I just love her! I drive from Edmonton to see her. I love her get to the point attitude, she answers my questions as honestly as possible and doesn't mince words. I see 5 specialists for my auto immune disease and hands down she is my favorite! I always leave with either a hug or a hand squeeze, she acts tough but has a heart of gold!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Dr Le Clerq needs to finally retire or update her knowledge. She made this last year of my life Extremely miserable. I'd been experiencing signs and severe pain from psoriatic arthritis and when both myself and family doctor(who also suspected psa) requested a rheumatologist I received her. My first appt went well. Her nurse asked questions and took notes, then she as well did but saw no visible swelling as it was well into the afternoon and early in my disease I wasn't swelling as much at the time. She sent me for both a bone scan and bloodworm first. These tests came back negative even though I was still experiencing pain an d more swelling that I was taking photos of. This appt she told me well I still don't see swelling and I thought something would show but nothing has so I just don't know about it being an inflammatory arthritis. I said I had photos of inflammation and she told me it wouldn't help her. She needed physical swelling?!?! If she knew anything about this disease it's often seronegative and won't show on scans early in progression. So then she says she'll send me for a BACK MRI?! Which I thought odd... Did she not listen that it's mainly my fingers, ankles and toes. My back and knees wean and way (which is also common of this disease) sure enough... MRI comes back negative but I received no follow up calls so I decided to call myself. I called many times and left many messages. I was to the point I couldn't get out of bed, could brush my teeth, couldn't get in or out of cats, could barely walk and have 4 boys to care for at home... And a hubby 😉😭. Finally her nurse calls and tells me she can't see me as there is no inflammation blah blah blah, go back to my gp. I got quite upset feeling as if I was back to square one and just couldnt go on like this any longer and hung up. A half hour later I get a call back saying fine she will see me. She told my gp she was concerned about me (mentally I think) and maybe worried I'd go above her which I still may do, but said come in , she'll make an appt with her colleague (dr Fi-Fi Mah-who was amazing btw) and have her do an ultrasound which is very sensitive and pick up everything. I went to that appt and guess what she found?! INFLAMATION! Every joint had it in my muscles, tendons and joints. Errosion in my big toe and knee -who knows about my other side as she only scared one side- and said, "it looks as if you have psoriatic arthritis" FINALLY!!! I've since been re-referred but I'm going back to give her a piece of my mind and thank her for wrecking my joints that could have been prevented!! Don't trust this lady as far as I can throw her. Good luck to the rest of you who get referred

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

My former specialist retired so last year was referred to Dr. LeClerq. I waited for well over 2 hours, she looked at my hands for about 2 minutes, did not speak to me at all but spoke to the assistant. This year I waited 45 minutes and she did not even show up for the appointment. Meanwhile there was a huge sign at the front saying patients had to cxl apt within 48 hours --- there was no respect for the patients' time either last year or this year - no apology. For a specialist she sure is very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Dr. Leclerq has been my Mother Teresa for the last 6 years. Her professionalism, wisedom and gentle touch have all been invaluable to my management of this debilitating disease.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

Referred to her and waited for almost a year, accidentally missed one appointment and she refused to see me after that. Claimed that there was now a 2 year wait and there was no point to me being on the list anymore. So much for desperate people who are in pain for years and need a diagnoses. Human's make mistakes and sometimes forget or get lost etc. I'm not form the city. How sad for people that have arthritic conditions

flag | Submitted February 24, 2013

In an urgent call to the hospital, because of a severe reaction to medication I was on, my blood pressure spiked to 212 over 111...The hospital by mistake paged this Doctor at her private number, as she was on call, instead of assisting or helping me at all, she immediately, very rudely demanded how I got her number. She didn't seem to care to help or suggest what I should do or not do. She said that you're not my patient and I can not advise you. She finally said go to a Hospital and if they need to call me at that time I'll direct them. Do not call this number again. This reaction was totally unprofessional and didn't help me at all because I felt so sick. Are these Doctor not supposed to be there for the patients well being???

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

I was diagnosed with RA 4 months after the birth of my daughter and was referred to Dr. Sharon Leclerq. Since my first appointment, I have been so impressed with Dr. Leclerq and her team. I went from feeling fairly hopeless about my diagnosis to knowing I am in good hands and can get my illness under control. It has been 6 months since I first saw Dr. Leclerq and with her help I am 95% back to 'normal'. She is empathic and incredibly knowledgable. She got me on the right drugs right away and I felt confident that I was getting the care I needed. She has moved to the new South Campus location which is quite far from where I live but I will keep going to see her as long as possible.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

I have spent the better part of 11 years seeing family doctors (GPs) who frankly did not seem interested in either arthritis or seniors-one GP actually stopped seeing all the seniors in her practise as she decided to see only "young families or OB pts". I had many problems with side-effects from meds, inadequate pain-management and a few falls that resulted in minor fractures-because of my ethnic background,one GP asked if my falls were because of alcohol consumption. I had a recent appointment with this doctor. I cannot say enough about this kind, respectful, down-to-earth Specialist who helped me so much simply by listening to me, giving me appropriate information and being entirely non-judgemental. I know the condition cannot be cured but at least I now feel that I am not a time-waster, that my concerns were valid. Dr. Leclerc is a true professional.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

Dr. Le Clerq turned my life around. For years, I had gone from doctor to doctor not getting an accurate diagnosis. In my first appointment with her, she diagnosed a second condition that no one else had identified, and prescribed me a medication that improved the quality of my life dramatically. I continue to receive excellent care, and am so thankful to have her as a doctor.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Le Clerq for about 10 years now, and she is wonderful. I hope she never leaves Calgary, as she was the one who diagnosed me and I have seen since. I feel fortunate that my doctor referred me to her initially.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2009