Ratings for Dr. P. Patrick Basu

Dr. Basu is extremely arrogant but I thought I could get over that personality flaw since I saw so many good reviews on him as a doctor. But let me say, I don't know how there are so many good reviews about him. Does he bribe people? Does he write the reviews himself? Because there is no way people can think he is a good doctor. He doesn't explain things and talks at you, not with you. You are not treated like a human being by him. You are treated like garbage. He does not care about the well being of his patients. He had me come in so many times for so many different tests and procedures that were unnecessary. He was just trying to get money from my insurance. But, the thing that really upset me was that he located a suspicious lump on my body. Instead of telling me to see a specialist, he told me not to worry about it (shows you how arrogant he is. He thinks no one is smarter than him). Well, I got a second opinion and it was cancer. I had to go through various treatments and surgeries. If I listened to him and just brushed it off as he did, who knows what would have happened. Dr. Basu is a scam artist who pumps money out of insurance companies so that he can get paid. Avoid him at all costs if you care for your health!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

He is just plain and simply the "VERY BEST THERE IS" by Joel Goldman C.P.A.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

I have been under Dr. Basu's care since 2013. His credentials and educational background is what made me decide to choose him as my gastroenterologist/Liver specialist. He is very knowledgeable in his field and answered any and all questions I asked him. He spent time explaining what treatments I would need in order to stay healthy. I appreciated the assistance of his staff, who are very cordial and make me feel at ease. I would highly recommend Dr. Basu for anyone seeking a doctor in his field of medicine.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Terrible experience, was rushed into and not proper explanation, will not go to this doc again. Overall bad experience

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

This is a bad experience all around. The Dr. spends about 1 minute with you and makes his diagnosis. It's hard to tell if he is knowledgable since I saw him a few times and switched to a Dr. that pays attention and answers questions.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

I love Dr. Basu. He is trully the most pleasant doctor I've met, very professional and very high tech. All his staff is very nice and friendly. The atmosphere in the office is so warm that you forget all about being nervous or scared right before your procedure. I was very comfortable and worry free. Dr. Basu is excellent and is highly recommended. :) -Erika

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

Dr. Basu is a BRILLIANT doctor. If you have to get a colonoscopy, he makes it so much more pleasant than most other doctors do!!! I really trust this guy and if he tells me to follow up with something, I take him very seriously!!! Highly recommended!!!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

The wait is long (sometimes it seems like they overbook appts.) but the staff is nice. This doctor knows his stuff! If you go to him you will definitely get the right diagnosis. I only wish that he would explain in detail his findings as he is usually brief. (However, he will show you pictures of all the tests he does i.e. endoscopy- takes him about a min. or so). I usually ask a lot of questions to get him to explain things further. Basically, he's an intelligent guy but the visit will seem kind of rush rush.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2007

Dr. P. Patrick Basu's Credentials

• Nrs Med Coll, Univ Of Calcutta, Calcutta, West Bengal, India (Grad. 1980)