Ratings for Dr. Amira Gouda

I recently made Dr. Gouda my family doctor, and I am very happy with my experience. She was knowledgeable, kind and took the time to explain things to me. She called me at home on a Sunday to give me lab results I had been waiting for, and made sure to notify me of her upcoming vacation in case there was anything I needed before she left. I have never had as positive of an experience with a family doctor

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

One of the pledges physicians are to adhere to states "First, do no harm", and from my ghastly experience with this woman, I can only conclude that Dr. Gouda must have missed this class. As a patient, I am putting my health, well-being, and perhaps my life in the hands of a supposed expert, health issues can be very frightening...I don't mind blunt and to the point, but I do expect to be able to explain why I am there without every sentence being rudely interrupted. When the frustration brought tears to my eyes, Gouda actually yelled at me and hollered " I don't have time for tears!" I replied she shouldn't be a doctor then. I never did get to tell her my concerns, she interrupted every thing I tried to say. Never in my life have I met such a cold, insulting, brutish doctor. Not an ounce of compassion, Gouda is a horrid reflection on the medical profession.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

If you cannot deal with a doctor that is blunt, straight to the point and doesn't sugar coat or beat around the bush, Dr Gouda is not for you. She is a doctor for people who like to get things done and her herself likes to get things done. I had the pleasure of being seen and helped by Dr. Gouda as my current Leduc doctor failed to help me. She let me know that she doesn't like leaving work unfinished and we will work together to figure out what is wrong with me and sure enough we did, because she never gave up and didn't try to push any sort of pills on me just to keep me satisfied. I 5/5 recommend her, she is a wonderful woman who knows what shes doing.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

Ok so have seen this dr. Since she first came into leduc and because my son is special needs and has ADHD and is now off his medication that he was on since 4 years old because he don't need it anymore. She yelled at us about it and refused to file out forms so my son could get AISH when he turned 18. She said this is to be filled out by his dr. I told her she was his dr. And that we don't come in for every little sniffle or cold. The way I look at it why waste dr time if you don't need to. Now my son and I are looking for a new dr because he won't go see her anymore.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Dr Gouda is a wonderful doctor that cares about her patients health. I drive 45 minutes each way just to have her for a family doctor.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Love my Doctor, but her new native receptionist looked tired, sick and was awfully snotty not just to myself, but several phone clients and the lady whose appointment was after mine. Hopefully it was just an off day for her, if not Dr. Gouda should reconsider her employment. Janis

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Been seeing Dr.Goda for awhile she is great and theiro and staff are knowledgeable, there has been time's I've had to wait over an hour when that happened Dr.Goda was very appolagic. I would recommend Dr.Goda to anyone

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

I went to see Dr. Gouda for a check-up after a pregnancy test confirmed that I was pregnant. She was so kind and addressed all my concerns patiently. She was also very thorough and informative. I would definitely recommend her to anyone I know.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

She prescribes sleeping pills to someone I know, she does this knowing that she is abusing them and is fully addicted. She also prescribes them to her husband, knowing he is giving them to his wife. She should have her medical license revolked.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

I saw Gouda for years. I actually enjoyed the abrupt bedside manner and full business like demeanor as I dont want to be her friend but a patient. I learned though that 'if' she beleaves your symptoms and they require painkillers she absolutely refuses to prescribe them. Instead she heaps on tests until either your symptoms go away or a specialist takes over your care and she just passes you on. If you have something basic go ahead and see her. Anything beyong fungal infections or ingrown toenails please PLEASE see someone else.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015