Ratings for Dr. G. Sukhrani

Never have I dealt with a doctor like Sukhrani, she is absolutely an ignorant know it all. If you disagree with her then god help you! I will be writing a letter to our minister of health in Alberta. Encouraging them to replace this so called doctor. Need to note: my mother trained Sukrani when she was taking her residency at the UofA. All these decades later she is literally remembered by the teaching staff as being a 10000% B*tch. I’ve never encountered a human so mean and aggressive in the medical industry. I’m shocked she is in charge of breastfeeding clinic. Close the door on this one!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

Absolutely terrible doctor, does pay attention to detail. Treats the babies like they are just a number on her list. Should not be practicing, she shows no genuine care for the patient and did a very inferior job. Absolutely appalled at the level of professional both by the doctor and the front staff were a joke. Can’t even. Handle three patients and the phone, they shouldn’t be working, very very rude. We will not be going back

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

She is terrible. Treats babies like plastic toys. She was my baby girl’s dr Bhi grey nuns. But she missed on ear pits. When we noticed after few months, she wasn’t even sorry fo her ignorance. Even after that she did not refer or recommend ear test which shud be done to kid with ear pits. I wish I had a choice to choose paediatric dr before delivery. She mishandle my baby, scratched her with her nails. She has very casual attitude towards baby. She just throws cookies in front of my baby as if she is her pet. Only her receptionist is good. Will not recommend her to anyone. I don’t know why and how she is appointed by grey nuns to see newborns when she has no manners to treat babies. She is not empathetic and have no sympathy or love for kids. For her every baby cud be one among hundreds which she handles. But for us our baby is everything.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

All three of my children see Dr. Sukhrani. I agree she may not be the warmest doctor, but she gets the job done well. Dr. Sukhrani is always to the point. She doesn't usually stop for a small chat because she is extremely busy. If you're looking for a friend, she is not for you. If you are looking for a capable, caring doctor who will take good care of your child, she is the doctor you would want.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

No bedside manner. Tends to blame new mothers for things out of their control, adds to insecurities, aggressive in her approach, rough in handling of children. Not sure how or why she became a pediatrician amongst all other specialties of medicine.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Extremely rude and horrible with my newborn. My baby has a stuffy nose, and she tried to blame me for being negligent, asking where I've been taking her and if I let too many family near her. I literally haven't left my house with her, me and my husband are constantly washing our hands, and our family lives on the other side of the country! Then she told me I use too many wipes on her with one quick glance.. um no? I use them on poops only which is ONCE a day! Also was very rough handling her, ripped off her diaper and was tossing her all around. I will be taking my baby to my family doctor from now on, I was disgusted when I left. The other bad reviews do not lie...

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

This woman is horrible. She was so rough with my son she scratched him. She was incredibly rude putting me down for struggling with breastfeeding. Every person I have spoken to had something negative to say including co workers and people in the medical profession. This woman should not be practicing with small children. Stay away.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Awful awful lady! Terrible bedside manner. Extremely rough with my newborn. Zero compassion. Couldn't answer any of my questions or didn't care to. Dont let this woman anywhere near your babies!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

We had her assigned to us at Grey Nuns when I had my son and we continued going to her for 8 months. I continuously brought my son back convinced something was wrong with him and each time, she told me he was either teething or experiencing separation anxiety when we left him in his room at night. We finally took him to the stollery and he was diagnosed with 2 major conditions. Both of which the stollery doc told us he probably had since birth or at least 3-4 months. One week of treatment and he was a new baby. She not only missed multiple things with him, she made our baby suffer for months. As a mom, I can't even explain the disgust I have with her as a doctor and as a human. On a positive note, her receptionist is amazing and so helpful!!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

I met Dr. Sukhrani with the birth of my second son in 2004 and have taken all my kids to see her ever since. Her assistant is a wonderful lady! I agree Dr. Sukhrani can be abrupt and to the point but she gets it done, and I've never walked away without an answer to my concerns. Not warm and fuzzy but I'm ok with that. You can always get your child in the same day if she's there, and that probably contributes to the short and to the point appointments. She does have a sense of humour as well - just may not see it every visit!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016