Ratings for Dr. G. Sukhrani

All three of my children see Dr. Sukhrani. I agree she may not be the warmest doctor, but she gets the job done well. Dr. Sukhrani is always to the point. She doesn't usually stop for a small chat because she is extremely busy. If you're looking for a friend, she is not for you. If you are looking for a capable, caring doctor who will take good care of your child, she is the doctor you would want.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

No bedside manner. Tends to blame new mothers for things out of their control, adds to insecurities, aggressive in her approach, rough in handling of children. Not sure how or why she became a pediatrician amongst all other specialties of medicine.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Extremely rude and horrible with my newborn. My baby has a stuffy nose, and she tried to blame me for being negligent, asking where I've been taking her and if I let too many family near her. I literally haven't left my house with her, me and my husband are constantly washing our hands, and our family lives on the other side of the country! Then she told me I use too many wipes on her with one quick glance.. um no? I use them on poops only which is ONCE a day! Also was very rough handling her, ripped off her diaper and was tossing her all around. I will be taking my baby to my family doctor from now on, I was disgusted when I left. The other bad reviews do not lie...

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

This woman is horrible. She was so rough with my son she scratched him. She was incredibly rude putting me down for struggling with breastfeeding. Every person I have spoken to had something negative to say including co workers and people in the medical profession. This woman should not be practicing with small children. Stay away.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Awful awful lady! Terrible bedside manner. Extremely rough with my newborn. Zero compassion. Couldn't answer any of my questions or didn't care to. Dont let this woman anywhere near your babies!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

We had her assigned to us at Grey Nuns when I had my son and we continued going to her for 8 months. I continuously brought my son back convinced something was wrong with him and each time, she told me he was either teething or experiencing separation anxiety when we left him in his room at night. We finally took him to the stollery and he was diagnosed with 2 major conditions. Both of which the stollery doc told us he probably had since birth or at least 3-4 months. One week of treatment and he was a new baby. She not only missed multiple things with him, she made our baby suffer for months. As a mom, I can't even explain the disgust I have with her as a doctor and as a human. On a positive note, her receptionist is amazing and so helpful!!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

I met Dr. Sukhrani with the birth of my second son in 2004 and have taken all my kids to see her ever since. Her assistant is a wonderful lady! I agree Dr. Sukhrani can be abrupt and to the point but she gets it done, and I've never walked away without an answer to my concerns. Not warm and fuzzy but I'm ok with that. You can always get your child in the same day if she's there, and that probably contributes to the short and to the point appointments. She does have a sense of humour as well - just may not see it every visit!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

I can't really comment on her staff or punctuality as I only had the unfortunate experience of meeting her in the hospital when my newborn ended up back in hospital with bad jaundice. Our pediatrician was on vacation and she was covering for him. Well wow let me just say I have never encountered such a rude and unprofessional doctor in my life. My husband and I are first time parents and were feeling completely overwhelmed that our daughter was in hospital, on top of being exhausted and every thing else.. then this doctor marches in our room and starts grilling us about what we did at home and it was clearly our lack of feeding her why she ended up getting bad jaundice. Ii instantly defended myself and told her our baby had borderline high bilirubin levels before we discharged 2 days before.. which she didn't even know. I have never felt so terrible as a new parent then I did at that moment. She was absolutely awful and was thankful she wasn't our pediatrician.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

I really like Dr. Sukhrani! She was assigned to us at GNH when my daughter was born and we've stuck with her. My daughter just turned 13 and she can only see her up to 14 years old before she needs to change to another physician. She has always been helpful and I've never had a problem getting an appointment in all these years. Her clinical admin assistant is AMAZING!!!!!! Dr. Sukhrani is definitely a no nonsense doctor and we are very happy with her services. :)

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

I absolutely love her! I have 5 children (2yrs-11yrs). She has always found the issue an never gave up until it was fixed. Also if any of my kids were really sick, they got them in that day! I dont have anything negative tosay about her! Highly recommend an will never change paediatricians :)

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015