You may also like

I am extremely displeased with my experience with Dr. Roy. I found a very small white patch on my v**** which he biopsied. When the time came for my appointment to discuss the results he was called away to deliver a baby which is totally understandable. I was fit in to a spot later in the day and he rushed me through the diagnosis and prescribed a steroid cream for the itching he said. It wasn't very itchy at the time and he didn't explain how the cream was effective in preventing it from spreading nor what the serious effects of it spreading could be. Once I found it getting extremely itchy and the patch spreading I asked for another consult, especially because there are serious side effects to misusing the steroid cream: thinning the walls of the v***** and causing potential bleeding. He brushed me off and said I should come back in six months. Five months later this thing is spreading significantly and most importantly sex is extremely uncomfortable. I have since read more about the condition and early treatment is critical. You can stop it in its tracks but you don't cure it. I feel that Dr. Roy didn't take this seriously and now my sex life with my husband has gone from being really good to virtually non-existent. Dealing with the receptionist is difficult at the very least. It's like she's doing you a big favour to make an appointment. I just got my family doctor to send a referral to the office because he's booking now outside of the six month window where you need a new referral. After getting that to her she says there are no openings AT ALL through the end of March and his hospital schedule is not set for April so she can't book then either. Plus she seems kind of happy about it. Wow. I'm going to seek out a new gynaecologist.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Dr. Roy is a basic Doctor. He provides the care to get the job done but nothang above and beyond. I found his lack of knowledge of his patients to be very unwelcoming.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

I met Dr. Roy through an ER stay at BBY General. I continued care with him, and find him to be knowledgeable, caring and one of the few doctors who will take the time to call you at home if needed. He is also willing to listen and I find him to be compassionate. However, I have continually had issues with the front desk staff, and find the receptionist difficult to deal with, causing me to avoid booking appointments with this office.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I had moved to Burnaby and was sent to Dr. Roy. I had previously been diagnosed with endometriosis and had surgery done to remove cysts. I told Dr. Roy I was having the same pains I had experienced before my surgery. Without even doing a pelvic ultrasound, he wanted to book me for surgery. In the meantime, I went to another gyno who did a pelvic ultrasound, found out I had a cyst on one of my ovaries and put me on medication to shrink it. Surgery was not needed. I'm glad I didn't stay with Dr. Roy.

Submitted May 26, 2015

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Dr. Roy is terrific! I've been going to him for several years for a simple skin condition and he's always in top of it. He also removed my Fallopian tubes and it was an easy, quick surgery with no problems. His bedside manner is awesome, he is prompt and always seems to care about the patient! I would certainly recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

After trying for exactly a year .. Nov to nov, and being wrongly diagnosed 6 times given 4 different types of medicine 2 of them repeats.. Then a different gyno, only to still be in cured as well as still no diagnosis.. I went to Dr. Rob Roy and he found abnormal ( precancerous cells) in my cervix .. I was scheduled for a colposcopy rite away and then saw a quarter sized white patch on my cervix rite at entrance of my uterus .. So I'm schedualed for leep/laser surgery ... I am very scared but at least now I am on my way to recovery ... And in the time I first met Dr, Roy and he found the problem all in a month and half time ! What a waste of my last year I could have caught the problem so much sooner if only I went to Dr. Roy in the first place!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr Roy is awesome! He is kind and caring with an excellent bedside manner. I enjoyed him as a doctor and as aperson. He delivered both of my daughters. My second pregnancy was challenging and he was so compassionate. I recall him offering a hand to help me up from a lying down position at each visit. I would recommend him to anyone! My only complaint is how backed up appointments always are bit I believe that is because he spends the required time with each patient and that often puts him behind.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

. Horrible experience. Was sent to him as I was experiencing abnormal bleeding and fluid. He did a couple test including a biopsy and stated I should do an MRI (as the previously done ultrasound recommended)that his receptionist would call me with an appointment and that he would also like to see me in two weeks. I didn't hear anything back 1.5 weeks later so I called them. The receptionist stated that she would book the MRI and that my tests were back but wasn't sure if the doctor had reviewed them. Waited another week still nothing so I called again and was told by the receptionist that she is reading my file and there wasn't any abnormalities so we don't contact people when tests come back normal and there is no note in my file for a follow up. I am still experiencing the same problem but I guess no follow up or MRI is required. Don't get me wrong I am very happy that it was normal but it still doesn't solve my problem and I guess I am left to just live with it.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

I came to this website just to get his office number and read some of the comments. Dr. Roy was awesome! He delivered my son last year. I received excellent care. He dealt with all my crazy list of questions and concerns I had as I was improperly informed about prenatal issues from another dr. He asked me how I would like to deliver the baby...I told him as naturally as possible without drugs. He NEVER persuaded me to have the baby any other way...he encouraged it. My baby was delivered exactly how I wanted...bigger than anticipated @ 9lbs 9oz. (my son was posterior, found out by the irregular contractions i was having, but it was caught. Dr cannot predict when a baby will decide to change position as anything can happen from your last visit until birth). My son is doing really well. All my thanks to Dr. Roy. I'm pregnant again and under his care. I would highly recommend him. The only problem I have is with his medical assistant/receptionist.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

Dr. Robert Roy's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am extremely displeased with my experience with Dr. Roy. I found a very small white patch on my v**** which he biopsied. When the time came for my appointme..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Roy is a basic Doctor. He provides the care to get the job done but nothang above and beyond. I found his lack of knowledge of his patients to be very unwel..."

January 3, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I met Dr. Roy through an ER stay at BBY General. I continued care with him, and find him to be knowledgeable, caring and one of the few doctors who will take th..."

November 5, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://southernhealthcentre.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "V3N0" to "V4B 3Z4". Address has been updated from "None" to "1493 Johnston Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16045318707".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I had moved to Burnaby and was sent to Dr. Roy. I had previously been diagnosed with endometriosis and had surgery done to remove cysts. I told Dr. Roy I..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor! I would recommend him.... However ! Horrible receptionist ! Almost didnt want to return because of her attitude & demeaning manor. "

May 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Roy is terrific! I've been going to him for several years for a simple skin condition and he's always in top of it. He also removed my Fallopian tubes and..."

January 13, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "After trying for exactly a year .. Nov to nov, and being wrongly diagnosed 6 times given 4 different types of medicine 2 of them repeats.. Then a different gyno..."

November 24, 2014