Ratings for Dr. Robert Roy

Dr. Roy is amazing - friendly and compassionate and took the time to explain everything to me in detail with all my options as well. He did not rush to operate right away but instead gave me many options before making a final decision. He takes his time to answer my questions and always responds to my calls - he is very thorough and shows empathy towards types of medical situations. I am sure I will be taken proper care of. Thank you Dr. Roy! =)

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Dr. Roy is amazing. Everything for my surgery was well explained, I understood all my options and I felt confident that he was the best Gyno I could ever have asked for. My surgery was late, but they'd run into some complications on the one before me. He and hospital staff were very apologetic, but I was ok with it. If there are going to be problems, I'm fine with being the one waiting! Thank you Dr. Roy and staff ❤️

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Dr. Roy did my hysterectomy. although he was almost always late, he took his time to answer my questions and was thorough to make sure that it was the right decision. I appreciate the time and care he gave to me.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Dr Roy had delivered my baby in 2012 .It was the best experience ever.Thank you Dr Roy

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

He made fun of me for trying to VBAC, then he said he didn't want to do my C section when clearly I needed one but that he was tired. (End of shift. Then during my C section, talked about how rediclous VBACs were while simultaneously talking about his vacation plans. His internal checks we so painful and just downright rough. I then had a hemorage 12 hours after my C section. So you do the math... Not wanting to do a C section, in the last hour of his last shift before vacation. While I can't prove it I am certain he may not have done it properly. Anyway. All around big giant asshole IMO

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

I have had a great experience with Dr. Roy. He clearly explained the options I had regarding my fibroid tumours and provided me with the pros + cons of each option. I felt very confident that he had my best interests in mind. Great interactions pre and post surgery. Really happy that I was referred to him. Very genuine, supportive and helpful.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

I was 41 when I saw him for a very large fibroid; he went on & on about how big it was and how he'd never seen one that big during the exam. Then he put me on the pill for a year. He said surgery was needed, meds were unreliable; he didn't go into the type of surgery. A year later, he asked me very firmly if I would take surgery. I was freaked out & put it off for a year. He told me to either get the surgery from him or wait until I had to go to Emergency for complications. The next year I went back at the request of my GP to ask Q. I had to ask point blank what the surgery was (hysterectomy), I had to ask point blank if he'd leave my ovaries in (yes; he never volunteered this info). Then he told me "you're over 42, statistically you can't have kids so I'm going to do a hysterectomy". I saw another gyno, it was not nearly that bad. The surgery options were different (cut the blood off to the fibroid) & they were not so dire. My recommendation: unless it's something very simple, or it involves cutting almost everything out, find another gyno. The only people I know who've liked him had to have almost everything cut out.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

I am extremely displeased with my experience with Dr. Roy. I found a very small white patch on my v**** which he biopsied. When the time came for my appointment to discuss the results he was called away to deliver a baby which is totally understandable. I was fit in to a spot later in the day and he rushed me through the diagnosis and prescribed a steroid cream for the itching he said. It wasn't very itchy at the time and he didn't explain how the cream was effective in preventing it from spreading nor what the serious effects of it spreading could be. Once I found it getting extremely itchy and the patch spreading I asked for another consult, especially because there are serious side effects to misusing the steroid cream: thinning the walls of the v***** and causing potential bleeding. He brushed me off and said I should come back in six months. Five months later this thing is spreading significantly and most importantly sex is extremely uncomfortable. I have since read more about the condition and early treatment is critical. You can stop it in its tracks but you don't cure it. I feel that Dr. Roy didn't take this seriously and now my sex life with my husband has gone from being really good to virtually non-existent. Dealing with the receptionist is difficult at the very least. It's like she's doing you a big favour to make an appointment. I just got my family doctor to send a referral to the office because he's booking now outside of the six month window where you need a new referral. After getting that to her she says there are no openings AT ALL through the end of March and his hospital schedule is not set for April so she can't book then either. Plus she seems kind of happy about it. Wow. I'm going to seek out a new gynaecologist.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Dr. Roy is a basic Doctor. He provides the care to get the job done but nothang above and beyond. I found his lack of knowledge of his patients to be very unwelcoming.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

I met Dr. Roy through an ER stay at BBY General. I continued care with him, and find him to be knowledgeable, caring and one of the few doctors who will take the time to call you at home if needed. He is also willing to listen and I find him to be compassionate. However, I have continually had issues with the front desk staff, and find the receptionist difficult to deal with, causing me to avoid booking appointments with this office.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015