Ratings for Dr. Mark Knoefel

All the reviews here are from parents of patients so I'd like to submit from someone he actually worked on. Dr. Knoefel changed my life. I had horrible teeth and was constantly made fun of for it. I was 14 the first time I had an appointment, and he told my mom that the problems I had were all common & that it was surprising to see so many in one person. Then said that he was going to fix my mouth, write a textbook about me and retire.. typical for his sense of humor. Four years later after extensive work with braces & 2 surgeries, Dr Knoefel's plan came through and I looked like a completely new person. He is so personable and always made appointments enjoyable with his wit, to the point where it was a shame to see my last appointment with him come. Dr Knoefel gave me the confidence to smile. If you read this Dr I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for making me beautiful. :) -jaylene

flag | Submitted April 3, 2010

As a former patient, I love my smile! It's a great feeling when people tell you you look great! And I fully attribute that to the work Dr. K. did. A small change made a HUGE difference! Thank you...

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Back in 2001 when I was in grade 8 I got stuck with having braces, but at least I had Dr. Knoefel to have a good laugh with everytime I came in to see him when he work by west edmonton mall and my teeth turned out great. Thank you from Denis Roberge

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Ortho treatment might seem intimidating, but Dr Knoefel has a way of interacting with kids that is easy and light, and they ultimately want to follow his directions to please him, which produces fast results. His techniques are super effective; only two months into treatment we are seeing incredible results in a very short time. Our daughter's comfort and confidence are not only our priority, but his too. He work is professional, but his personality is friendly and good humored making it a pleasure to be in his company. This is a doctor who actually listens and cares. I can't wait to see the final results, and would highly recommend visiting his practice.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Dr. Knoefel was great with my kid who needed braces. The staff are wonderful and we enjoyed coming to Oasis Orthodontics. Every step of the way, they took care of my daughter and involved us in the treatment planning. This wasn't just about getting braces but it was about the experience of getting a brilliant new smile. Thank you very much for your great services!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Knoefel by my sister-in-law and it was the best decision I have ever made. Dr. Knoefel did a simulation on my teeth to show me what I can expect at the end of my treatment. It made me more comfortable going through with treatment because I had realistic, visual expectations of what my final results should be. He explained the options if I chose to have my teeth extracted or not. He gave me pros and cons of both, ensuring I had more than enough information to make a sound decision. My treatment time was estimated to be just over 2 years and I was finished a month before the estimated time. I was extremely happy to be completed earlier than expected and truly appreciate the knowledgeable, friendly staff. Dr. Knoefel has always been professional yet enjoyable to speak with every time I saw him during my appointments. I still recommend him to anyone I know that is considering taking the plunge to invest in their smile. -Linda

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Dr K. And his staff are extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. I received great results in a shorter time than anticipated. Everyone at Oasis is friendly and welcoming, and they do some top notch work. I can't recommend them and Dr. K enough for orthodontics work!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I now have 2 children that have passed through Dr. Knoefel's office for braces. One son was about 11 years old when he got his braces on and had perfectly straight teeth within 2 years. My other son had his braces put on at age 15 and is on track to have them off before 2 years as he is more conscientious with his elastics. Dr. Knoefel has a unique way of treating his patients that acts like a dental symphony. He moves multiple teeth in multiple ways at the same time so that treatment is quicker. His approach is a very common sensical and specialized in a way that lends to his years of experience and progressive approach. I'm grateful that he was recommended to me by a friend and I refer him to anyone that I speak to about braces. His staff are friendly, knowledgeable and professional. It is a joy to come in for appointments and well worth the cost that easily competes with other professionals within the Edmonton area.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Our family has been coming to Oasis for the last 5 years. Oasis partnered with us to help our kids to achieve beautiful smiles. The staff is friendly and worked with us to schedule appointments that worked for our schedule. They also were flexible enough to help us make payment plans that worked with our families budget. We've had two sons need braces and results have been amazing! We've seen boys who were self conscious about their teeth, begin to smile as changes happened. We have two more in need of orthodontic care and we will be returning to Oasis for both of them.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I am nothing but impressed with Oasis and Dr. Mark Knoefel. They have been excellent with my daughter from the 1st day we walked through the door and every time after. The staff is wonderful and friendly. They are very punctual, we only has to wait for short period once over the year. My daughters teeth look amazing and Dr. Knoefel is fun and pleasant every time.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Dr. Mark Knoefel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English
  • French
  • German

• McGill University (Grad. 1995)
  • University of Alberta (Grad. 1999)

• Dean's Honour List- McGill University