Ratings for Dr. Mark Knoefel

All the reviews here are from parents of patients so I'd like to submit from someone he actually worked on. Dr. Knoefel changed my life. I had horrible teeth and was constantly made fun of for it. I was 14 the first time I had an appointment, and he told my mom that the problems I had were all common & that it was surprising to see so many in one person. Then said that he was going to fix my mouth, write a textbook about me and retire.. typical for his sense of humor. Four years later after extensive work with braces & 2 surgeries, Dr Knoefel's plan came through and I looked like a completely new person. He is so personable and always made appointments enjoyable with his wit, to the point where it was a shame to see my last appointment with him come. Dr Knoefel gave me the confidence to smile. If you read this Dr I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for making me beautiful. :) -jaylene

flag | Submitted April 3, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Knoefel by my sister-in-law and it was the best decision I have ever made. Dr. Knoefel did a simulation on my teeth to show me what I can expect at the end of my treatment. It made me more comfortable going through with treatment because I had realistic, visual expectations of what my final results should be. He explained the options if I chose to have my teeth extracted or not. He gave me pros and cons of both, ensuring I had more than enough information to make a sound decision. My treatment time was estimated to be just over 2 years and I was finished a month before the estimated time. I was extremely happy to be completed earlier than expected and truly appreciate the knowledgeable, friendly staff. Dr. Knoefel has always been professional yet enjoyable to speak with every time I saw him during my appointments. I still recommend him to anyone I know that is considering taking the plunge to invest in their smile. -Linda

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Dr K. And his staff are extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. I received great results in a shorter time than anticipated. Everyone at Oasis is friendly and welcoming, and they do some top notch work. I can't recommend them and Dr. K enough for orthodontics work!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I now have 2 children that have passed through Dr. Knoefel's office for braces. One son was about 11 years old when he got his braces on and had perfectly straight teeth within 2 years. My other son had his braces put on at age 15 and is on track to have them off before 2 years as he is more conscientious with his elastics. Dr. Knoefel has a unique way of treating his patients that acts like a dental symphony. He moves multiple teeth in multiple ways at the same time so that treatment is quicker. His approach is a very common sensical and specialized in a way that lends to his years of experience and progressive approach. I'm grateful that he was recommended to me by a friend and I refer him to anyone that I speak to about braces. His staff are friendly, knowledgeable and professional. It is a joy to come in for appointments and well worth the cost that easily competes with other professionals within the Edmonton area.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Our family has been coming to Oasis for the last 5 years. Oasis partnered with us to help our kids to achieve beautiful smiles. The staff is friendly and worked with us to schedule appointments that worked for our schedule. They also were flexible enough to help us make payment plans that worked with our families budget. We've had two sons need braces and results have been amazing! We've seen boys who were self conscious about their teeth, begin to smile as changes happened. We have two more in need of orthodontic care and we will be returning to Oasis for both of them.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I am nothing but impressed with Oasis and Dr. Mark Knoefel. They have been excellent with my daughter from the 1st day we walked through the door and every time after. The staff is wonderful and friendly. They are very punctual, we only has to wait for short period once over the year. My daughters teeth look amazing and Dr. Knoefel is fun and pleasant every time.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I am blown away at the smiling faces at this office!! From the moment you walk into the building the front end staff is so warm and welcoming. Dr. Knoefel and his team in the back continue the smiles as they welcome you for each visit. When ever I have a question about treatment or have a concern it is taken care of. The staff is very knowledgable in regards to how treatment is coming along. I especially like that I get to see my pictures at each appointment and the girls explain to me what I have accomplished and where we are focussing our attention next in my treatment. It keeps me motivated and it gets me excited to know how close I am to having my braces removed. Continue the good work and I look forward to seeing all of you at my next visit :)

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

The best orthotics clinic ever. Everyone is super friendly and encouraging! I am always so excited to go in for my appointments, I had very major issues with my teeth and Dr. Knofel spent the time to describe his treatment plan and how he came about his decision he also did a simulation on what the best treatment plan was for me. It's so classy and clean no amount of words can describe how happy I am with them! 5 stars just don't do this place justice, it deserves an infinite amount! Thanks Oasis!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

The best treatment planning you can possibly get from a doctor and staff who actually want the best for you. It's always fun at Oasis. Dr. Knoefel and his staff are always smiling and make me feel at ease. I am not someone who enjoys visits to dentists but Dr. Knoefel made it such a pleasant experience that I actually looked forward to going to my appointments. He is meticulous with his work and yet makes it a very fun environment. Brilliant practice and highly recommended!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Dr. Knoefel is super friendly and organized! I felt comfortable and at ease the entire time. His team of staff are knowledgeable and amiable from the front desk up until the dentist's chair. The general environment and waiting room area were spacious and welcoming. I found it very thoughtful that there was some sort of entertainment for every age group; a play area for kids, magazines for adults, and coffee & juice. There is also a wall of charitable organizations that he supports and I was impressed with how involved he is with the local community. In terms of his work, Dr. Knoefel went above and beyond his call of duty by creating a unique game plan to tackle dental issues. Along with his skill and expertise, empathy and compassion are his strong suits. Overall, I had a great experience and would recommend Dr. Mark Knoefel to anyone. This truly is an oasis away from the hustle and bustle of daily life!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Dr. Mark Knoefel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English
  • French
  • German

• McGill University (Grad. 1995)
  • University of Alberta (Grad. 1999)

• Dean's Honour List- McGill University