Ratings for Dr. J.P. Fergusen

What happens to the gastronomically challenged system of a a individual slowly hemorrhaging out due to renal failure? Do you suggest a specialized diet to aid nutritional absorption for a weak immune system ie anemic chronic 😩. No tell the renal disease drink water and eat veggies which eventually shred the delicate vulnerable tissue. Sepsis or a health laxative is this an oxymoron's solution to ignoring complicated renal colon malady.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Ferguson for many years and have always foundhim to be punctual, patient, very skilled and knowledgeable and extremely caring.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Professional and knowledgeable. Appointment was precisely on time and he toik extra time to explain procedures and results.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

I have seen Doctor Ferguson back in 2010. I was admitted to the Royal Alex and seen a few specialist that were stumped with my symptoms. Out of the 5 specialist that seen me , He came to me and gave me a few instructions to follow and get back to him if that didn't work. And i did! I was very ill to the point my liver was failing and fast! He is a very caring man who listens and explained absolutely everything to me. He saved my life. I have a very rare condition out of 1- 100,000 people i have this awful illness. My family doctor and 4 other specialist were stumped but this man kept trying and until he got to the bottom of it! He may be straight forward but i think he is one of the best. I always feel welcome in his office.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

I wouldnt send my sick dog to see this Doctor!! Very Unsafe Doctor! Is not compassionate and he makes huge errors. his staff are cranky and do not know what they are doing.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Most helpful and caring in his feild. Treated me for years and helped keep my p[otential of Colon Cancer,(family hiostory) in check.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

If it was not for the attention that was given by Dr. Fergusen following surgery by another doctor I know I would not be here today!!! He took over my case and care. I cannot express my full appreciation for what he has done for me.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

I was diagnosed with achalasia by Dr Ferguson and scheduled for pneumatic dialation at RAH He booked me for 12.15 and told me to come in early which I did. At 05.00 pm I had I was on my fourth bag of saline and never even got sedated.J.P never even so much as said "hi" to me.It was supposed to be day surgery not freakin night surgery.I pulled the IV out and left in disgust.He may be knowlegeable but his bedside manor leaves alot to be desired,afterall this is healthcare...you are supposed to care about and not just for your patients.Don't even get me started about his office.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011

When I first saw him, he explained my pain and what I had and admitted me for treatment. He put me on an experimental drug (Pretnazone), which the side affects were already affecting me in the hospital. The drug nearly destroyed my family as I became a completely different person. I went to see Dr. Ferguson for a followup, and while my appoinment was for 3pm, still waiting at 5:30pm there were three other people waiting as well, and yet someone who walked in went right in, while the 4 of us just looked at each other. I needed to reschedule because I had to pick up my children at 6 (not to mention I have never had an appointment take nearly 3 hours wait time). The secretary was very rude as if she didn't care. I asked when I could get another appointment and she asked me why I couldn't stay in such a rude way. I told her I have a family and life outside of this office. She then told me I would have to wait at least 6 months! Ya, no thankyou! I went to another GI...

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

Dr. Ferguson is a great Gastroenterologist. I've been very ill for a long time with many complications that affect my overall health. Dr. Ferguson always takes the time to listen to my symptoms and never hesitates to do what is necessary. He is very knowledgeable and always makes sure that I understand what his recommendations are and why he's making them. I've had many colonoscopies and they've always gone well. His support staff are another story. It sometimes takes several days to get through on the phone just to make an appointment. The phone rings busy for hours & then you get an answering machine that they've gone for the day or the weekend - very frustrating.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011