Ratings for Dr. Riyaz Mohamed

I have visited dr Mohamed for several years now. Over the years Dr. Mohamed is very knowledgeable about the body. He takes time to adress all of your concerns. He is late quiet often due to the time that he spends with his patients. Over the last year or so, he has changed receptionist, which has mad a communication barrier between patient and doctor. Receptionist has difficulty pernouncing names, words, or day to day spoken english. The nurses do their job but it takes them a long time to get referrals sent out to specialists. Dr. Mohamed takes for ever to fill out forms. When he does fill them out they are not complete or there is missing files, MRI / CT reports. Or there is wrong information that didn't need to be in with report. He is very strong willed. He does not give you pills if you do not need them. If you are honest about having any type of illness, that is alcoholic, smoker, or use any other substance, he will NOT prescribe you any pain medication under any circumstances.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2013

Dr. Mohammed is an excellent small town doctor. He is always willing to listen and provide the health support needed. I used to go to another doctor in Lethbridge and switched to Dr Mohammed when my husband told me how happy he was will him (we live in PB). He has also seen our grandchildren when they have been staying with us and goes out of his way to relate to children.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Highly recommended doctor who is never rushed to leave and polite also. Asset to the community

flag | Submitted February 23, 2012

I find him to be very little help, it is all normal in his world when it is not,and if I did any research he make me feel like an idiot for doing so.

Submitted February 9, 2012

Dr. Mohamod may be late for appointments on occasion, but only because he takes so much time to help and to have his patients understand what he is doing. He does not rush when there is a concern to discuss... He is very up on research and literary evidence of treatment. He also mans the urgent care, so may be late because he has an emergency to care for... of course you should be understanding of this! He is not afraid to try different things to cure what ails you and will never say he knows something if he doesnt, but will however find out or refer you to someone who can help! Am very happy with Dr. Mohammod as a doctor and wish that more would have the bedside manner that he does! very friendly and compassionate!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2011

Very understanding and compassionate doctor for old folks like me and has already earned reputation through his warmth

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

Dr. Riyaz is one of the brightest, most caring individuals I have ever worked with in this profession. So much so that he is also my family physician. Picture Butte is very lucky to have his service in his clinic and for him to operate the Urgent Care centre. Many physicians would not bother with the added workload and stress that comes with such an endeavour. In short one could not ask for a better practitioner!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

Very efficient and attentive. He is the most thurough doc I've ever had! I am moving and will miss this service dearly! He has treated my whole family from broken bones, to cancer diagnosis(minimal) to prescription refills to long term care! He is a real gem to Picture Butte! City docs don't come close to comparison!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2009

Dr. Mohamed is the best doctor I have ever gone to. I am switching doctors to him because he is so amazing. He discussed every facet of my concerns with me, and even asked me to phone in with anything that would help him elaborate on my chart. Dr. Mohamed doesn't treat you like a piece of meat, but as a person; he makes you feel relaxed and comfortable. His staff are also very helpful and nice. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually enjoyed my doctor's visit!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2009

I was visiting the town when my daughter was complaining about severe pain in her right foot. Dr Mohamed was able to identify the problem even before an x-ray was ordered and which confirmed his diagnosis. He is very thorough in his work and spends time with his patients (which is a rare thing today in other cities where Docs just rush you thru!). Both my daughter and I were highly impressed.......two thumbs up and a five star rating!!! Keep up the good work

flag | Submitted September 3, 2008