Ratings for Dr. Maureen O'Brien

I have a great deal of respect for Dr. O'Brien. She repaired my ankle after a severe sprain that left me with an unstable ankle. She took a tendon out of my leg to replace the damaged one in my ankle. 10 years later I remain able to walk,securely and with no pain,. The ankle she operated on is stronger than my other undamaged ankle. She is a busy physician, very caring, down to earth and an excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

About 5 years ago, I broke my tib & fib in a sports injury. Dr. O'Brien performed the surgery to insert a rod and screws for the repair. She gave me everything I needed to recover 100% from my injury and get back to doing everything i was doing before. She was compassionate, respectful, and told it like it was. I would recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Dr. O'Brien has treated me with respect, done fabulous work on my ankle. I am also aware of my responsibilies in this surgery. Sally is super efficient and professional. I am very happy with the service I have received from Dr O'Brien and her staff.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Ms O'Brien should be striped of her credentials! I spent 10 years with surgeries by a podiatrist and recently the podiatrist suggested injections although he had already administered them in the past. After my appt w/my family doc for a referral, I was informed that Ms. O'Brien will not take me in. She insisted I go to a podiatrist for injections. I was surprised that she DID NOT view my xrays or ultra sounds. She made a diagnosis based on here say! What a shame our medical profession has become a mockery in Canada. She should not be performing any patients! I WILL lodge a formal complaint within the Board of Orthopedic Surgeons. Until then, PLEASE DO NOT see this unreliable and uneducated person who really does impersonate a caring and compassionate profession.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

I found her rude and had no consideration for me as a patient, no people skills whatsoever. This was my third time to see her, her knowledge of me as her patient changed from visit to visit. From the lack of considering her voice was loud, she spoke to me in the hallway within ear shot of all the other patients, when I asked if we were going into the examining room she pointed towards it and then proceeded to leave the door ajar. Obviously she needs to either retire or at least try to listen to the patient. Belligerent, pompous and rude individual. I would never recommend her to anyone as she can't remember what she tells you from one visit to the next and spends no time explaining anything, longest wait and quickest doctors appointment I have ever had. Will definitely go to someone else....

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

Within five minutes Dr. O'Brien called me a liar and a cheat. She said I was obviously too self-centered to be a candidate for surgery for her. She told me all she had eaten that day was a boiled egg. She told me I should try it sometime,. When I explained my history to her she told me it was impossible, no one could do what I claimed and still be in the condition I was in. She was belligerent, rude and mean-spirited. I would not want anyone with an attitude like that coming near me with a knife if any sort. I believe she knows her stuff and she was kind and gentle to my mum who is the same body-type I am. Guess I caught her on a bad day, but don't want to gamble that the day she operates on me is a good one.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Receptionist is horrible, never answers or calls back,is rood and pressuring on personal issues that is for the doctor to ask. Dr. O'Brien did surgery and I am now permanently injured. I am on disability and have been told I cannot return to work yet,I feel this ma have been prevented but I was not informed about all after surgery procedures and obvious problems were ignored until they were too late. The staff and the Dr rushed through appointments. Its like an assembly line and then when u call to ask a question u can't get through. Very unimpressed. She makes 300000+a year and we get 5min sessions with her, where things are not explained in full or warning signs of a problem is overlooked or brushed aside.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Dr O'Brien performed Evans procedure on both my ankles. Did an amazing job for which I will always be grateful. Steve D.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

My whole family has had work done by her and highly recommend her. She did both of my bunions and toe straightening. The only complaint I have with her us her nurse sally... talk about attitude.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Office staff was OK. Dr. O'Brien herself was good at explaining, providing answers, and being on time. She had a personable and down to earth presentation. I was pleased with the outcome of my surgery and would recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015