You may also like

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

My whole family has had work done by her and highly recommend her. She did both of my bunions and toe straightening. The only complaint I have with her us her nurse sally... talk about attitude.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Office staff was OK. Dr. O'Brien herself was good at explaining, providing answers, and being on time. She had a personable and down to earth presentation. I was pleased with the outcome of my surgery and would recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

My grandfather had such a bad experience with this Dr! She refused to help him and said she wouldn't help him she didn't have time...we are so mad and sad my grandfather has to suffer because she can't get off her high horse! Boycott this Dr as she has no empathy!!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Had a great experience with a 5th metatarsal that was surgically repaired. If you're looking for a doctor to sugar-coat things and make you feel all warm and fuzzy, this is not your doc. If you're looking for someone to bluntly tell you what is going on and how best to fix the situation (even if it's not what you want to hear), then go and see her (ex. "PT before the surgery is a waste of money, take your girlfriend out instead" - which was great to hear). 4 years later my foot is great and I referee hockey and basketball, and run 10k with no issues.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. O'Brien for approx. 2 years now. I had the fresh eating disease which cause a lot of problems in my foot leading to fusion surgeries. Although straight to the point Dr. O was throughout and caring when it came down to it. She did not rush to the worst case scenario when planning the process but worked to offer me the best quality of life and use of my foot. She continues to help me to the best of her ability.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

WORST DOCTOR EVER. Went to see her back in October 2014 for a broken femur (motor vehicle accident happened in the States). Firstly, she had our "meeting" in her hallway within the earshot of everyone sitting in the waiting room (this is HIGHLY unprofessional, I work in the healthcare industry myself), this was the thing that bothered me the least with our appointment. She then asked me where I got my surgery done (as this is relevant how?) & then continued to talk down to me in the most condescending manner, explaining that I wasn't to "go on the exercise bike" or "lift weights" - this is at my barely 2 month point of having my accident & severely wheelchair bound.. to top it off she could not be bothered to explain to me why I was having this deep throbbing pain in my knee cap & that in her opinion it couldn't be my pins. I asked how or what I could do to relieve this pain & her response was simple, "well, it's broken it's supposed to hurt". After leaving the office humiliated I graciously was seen by my boyfriend's ortho who was not only extremely helpful, sensitive & highly knowledgeable kindly explained my knee pain was due to having a 3/4 of an inch holedrilled in my patella in order to insert the titanium rod that now holds my leg together. Needless to say I would never recommend anyone to this doctor - she is set in her ways & does not care what you have to say regarding your health!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

In my opinion, Dr. O'brien is one of the worst doctors I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Last year I broke my Humerus, in a snowboarding accident. I was appointed to Dr. O'brien, by a Dr. from the banff hospital. At first things were going well, but 6 months into it, my bone looked like a boomerang! Literally!! And she told me everything looked like it was healing properly. Not in my opinion it was not. So I went for a second opinion shortly after and the second orthopedic surgeon did surgery on my fracture, within a week of seeing him, to bring it back together, cause she did not want to operate. I am very glad I did choose to go for a second opinion, as I feel much better now, and don't think I would be were I am at now if I did not. Don't ever take what doctor tells you as the truth. If you ever have any doubt about in what they are saying, go for a second opinion, I wish I did a lot sooner. It took a year of my life that I can never get back

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Dr. Maureen O'Brien's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr O'Brien performed Evans procedure on both my ankles. Did an amazing job for which I will always be grateful. Steve D. "

December 21, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "My whole family has had work done by her and highly recommend her. She did both of my bunions and toe straightening. The only complaint I have with her us her..."

December 7, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Office staff was OK. Dr. O'Brien herself was good at explaining, providing answers, and being on time. She had a personable and down to earth presentation. I wa..."

November 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My grandfather had such a bad experience with this Dr! She refused to help him and said she wouldn't help him she didn't have time...we are so mad and sad my gr..."

October 21, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Had a great experience with a 5th metatarsal that was surgically repaired. If you're looking for a doctor to sugar-coat things and make you feel all warm and fu..."

August 21, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. O'Brien for approx. 2 years now. I had the fresh eating disease which cause a lot of problems in my foot leading to fusion surgeries. Alt..."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "WORST DOCTOR EVER. Went to see her back in October 2014 for a broken femur (motor vehicle accident happened in the States). Firstly, she had our "meeting" in h..."

March 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "dr. O'Brien is very efficient knowledgeable and great with patients. Sally is great too"

October 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a knee arthroscopic for a meniscus issue. Dr.O'Brien is amazing. Staff is friendly and helpful"

October 15, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "In my opinion, Dr. O'brien is one of the worst doctors I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Last year I broke my Humerus, in a snowboarding acciden..."

October 7, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr O'Brien is by far one of the best and caring doctors I've ever met. Thanks to her surgery and after-care, my daughter who borke her leg and tore her ligament..."

September 23, 2014