Dr. Brett Beber

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Brett Beber

I had a breast reduction and I am not that pleased with the outcome. When I told the office that i was unhappy they said that this was an OHIP procedure. I am not sure what that means but I guess the implication is that I should be happy with what I have gotten. Well , I am not happy with what I got.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

Great bedside manner and a super team. I had a lot of anxieties around the procedure stemming from poor plastic surgeons in the past and Dr. Beber and his staff put me at ease. I recommend him highly!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

My breast augmentation experience with Dr. Beber was a stressfree experience due to how patient and attentive him and Yien (the clinic manager) are. They patiently answered all my questions, fuly prepped me for the surgery/recovery, and even delivered a post surgery bra to my apartment since the sports bra I purchased wasn't suitable. Dr. Beber's friendly and soothing presence heading into the surgery really calmed my nerves. Dr. Beber did an amazing job and I am super happy with the results! They're natural looking, feel great, and compliments my body shape well. Thank you Dr. Beber and Yien!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

Dr Brett Beber After a recent annual physical exam found a tumour on my ovary I was booked to have it removed. The surgeon was planing on doing the removal of the tumour by making an incision (laparotomy) instead of doing it laparoscopically. After discussing this with some of my friends one friend showed me her scar from her hysterectomy. My friend was not a chubby girl at all (probably 25BMI); however, she had a bulge above and below her incision. After having 3 children myself I did not want my abdomen to be any worse than it already was. I have always been active and in good shape (20BMI) at nearly 40 years old, so I researched options. Apparently they could do the removal of the tumour and/or tummy tuck at the same time! The problem was finding a plastic surgeon with hospital privileges. I had no idea that a doctor would NOT have hospital privileges. So I had a few consultations with a variety of doctors. Dr. Brett Beber stood out. I loved how welcoming they were right from the initial phone call. When I started to explained my dilemma which was about booking two doctors I didn’t even need to go on about all the other obstacles such as finding a hospital both surgeries could be combined in, coordinating an operating room, booking the actual surgery date, pre-ops, post-ops, medications that both operations will need etc. Yien was immediately on top of it all. I had my first consultation with the gynaecologist (for tumour removal) who notified me that he was booking into September for surgeries which would be about a 4-5 month wait. The Gynaecologist agreed to coordinate with Dr. Beber as he had many times before. Unfortunately I was very disappointed in this wait time seeing as I did not know if my tumour was malignant or not. Needless to say my health came first, so I was going to go back to my original gynaecologist and keep my original surgery date which was 2 months away. I really did not look forward to having a skin flap above and below my inevitable scar (c-section flap is what they call it on the internet). Within about two hours and without me ever voicing my concern or even calling Dr. Beber’s office I received a phone call from Yien. She had advised me that they had co-ordinated a day and time for the surgery and decided that by using Dr. Beber’s operating-room time they could schedule the date six weeks from now and asked if that worked for me. I was ecstatic and agreed. Come surgery day everything was well organized and Dr. Beber put my nerves at ease with his professionalism and calm demeanour. Recovery went well and post op visit was great. Tumour is gone for a biopsy, but looks like it was benign. Small details that would have just made my review even longer are: 1. Because was from out of town at one appointment I had to bring my 11 and 13 year old children. First Dr. Beber asked if he could speak freely in front of them and secondly when they asked questions didn’t treat them as less and responded in a professional manner yet approachable. Not once did I feel like they were a burden for being there. He laughed with them and asked them how their March break was going and even suggested some cool stuff for us to do while we were in the city. 2. At my first consultation I never felt rushed or like he was trying to sell me anything. He even said I would be a candidate for a mini tummy tuck as long as I felt happy with my abdomen above the navel. I thought this was a good idea because I really just didn’t want the flap and was excited by recovery time being less. A mini costs a bit less, so this demonstrated that he heard exactly where I was coming from and suggested something that matched my description 3. There are so many reviews for Dr. Beber about breast augmentation that I was definitely nervous about going in for a tummy tuck. He performs many many tummy tucks, but I guess people don’t write as many reviews about them. He does the drainless ones too which is what I ended up having. 4. FRCSC follows his name. Once I looked that up I was impressed again. Thank you for 100% being there to the extent of texting me your cellphone number, so I’d automatically have it in my cellphone to co-ordinating both Doctors and for simply treating me special.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

I had a breast reduction done by Dr. Beber and I have nothing but amazing things to say about him. In my consultation, he was open to answering any and all questions, as silly as they may have been. He took the time to really make me feel comfortable about making this life-changing decision which was very necessary as I was extremely nervous. On the day of surgery, we walked into the OR together and he went through a list of things while I was still awake to calm my nerves. He even held my hand as the freezing medication was getting administered. I am thrilled with the outcome and couldn't have wanted anything more. His practice manager, Yien, was also extremely helpful and very comforting after surgery. She instructed me to call her personal cell phone with any questions/concerns and was great at removing the stitches! I would recommend Dr. Beber and his team in a heartbeat!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

Dr. Beber and his team are excellent. I was referred to Dr. Beber by my dermatologist and from the initial consult, I felt at ease and confident in Dr. Beber’s skills. He took time to answer my questions and showed genuine care. I am delighted with the outcome of the procedure and have no hesitation in recommeding Dr. Beber. My experience from start to finish was fantastic.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

I had a breast augmentation with Dr. Beber and I cannot say enough how great the whole experience has been. He was the only doctor I had a consultation with and it was the only one I needed. He took time to answer all of my questions, I never felt rushed but most importantly I felt safe and confident with him performing my surgery. I trusted him 100%. Yien, his practice manager was just as great with answering any questions I had before and after surgery, she checked in on me after surgery and answered all emails and calls efficiently. I am 8 weeks post op and not only feel great but LOVE my results. This is a team I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

I am 7 months post op from a breast reduction done by Dr Beber. I have been very pleased with the results every step of the way. He's a calm, cheerful doctor that answers all of your questions, never seems rushed when with patients and has a really pleasant way about him. I initially thought I may be more comfortable with a female plastic surgeon, but my family doctor mentioned she had several patients who really liked Dr Beber, so I decided to go for a consultation. It was a great decision! I went from a 36DD to a 36C. The surgery itself was easy (I was asleep obviously). Post-op recovery was easier than I expected. I laid very low and follow his advice to the letter. I had very little pain. I did use the prescribed pain killers for a few days, then switched to Tylenol. I think I had more reaction to the anesthetic than the actual surgery. My breasts look and feel great. They are even, perky and very comfortable. I have gained sensation back in them (not to the pre-op level, but still quite a bit). I followed Dr. Beber's post-op instructions to the letter and my scars look great. Around my nipple and down under the breast have faded so much that eventually, we believe they will disappear. I think I'll always have a line under the breasts, but it has also faded quite a bit. The breasts are symmetrical and look great with/without clothes. Most importantly, I have greatly reduced my neck pain from large breasts and feel great when working out. I am incredibly happy that I had the operation and Dr Beber performed the surgery. Highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Dr Beber has removed several basal cell carcinomas from my face over the last 10 yrs and most recently a squamous cell carcinoma from my scalp on the top of my head. He is such a skilled surgeon. The scars have vanished. He is such a patient, warm person, answering every question to be sure you are confident and at ease with the procedure. His staff at the office are excellent as well. I called numerous times with many questions before my latest procedure and both Stephanie and Yien were always happy to set my mind at ease. Wonderful doctor, wonderful staff. I would never want to go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

I had breast augmentation surgery by Dr Beber on Dec14th 2017 and I am very pleased with the results! A friend from work recommended him to me because 3 members of her family had breast reduction surgery with him...But I was a bit concerned as I wanted to find someone who had breast augmentation with him...but at the moment that I met Dr Beber all my hesitations disappeared! He is a very talented surgeon and extremely kind. He listened to my concerns and desires and recommended the silicone size that would fit me best. Yien was kind enough to allow me to return to the office twice to try different silicone sizes until I made my final decision. My surgery went very well, my recovery was great. Just the first 24hs after surgery are uncomfortable and then I was rapidly recovering. I am very pleased with the results, I can't see my scar! The scar is very small (3.5cm) and it is hidden under the breast. Dr Beber visited me after the surgery in the recovery room and Yien gave me all the support post surgery. I am very happy with my new breast! Thanks a million, Dr Beber and Yien for the support and for taking care of me! Cris T.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Dr. Brett Beber's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Brett Beber is an officially certified Plastic Surgeon, whose practice focuses on cosmetic breast surgery (augmentations, breast lifts, reconstructions), body contouring (liposuction, tummy tucks), and facial aesthetics(eyelids, facelifts, injectables). He is fully licensed by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Dr. Beber is a member of the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons and is a Lecturer in the University of Toronto Division of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Beber’s philosophy for cosmetic surgery is based on two essential elements: safety and success. Dr. Beber maximizes patient safety by careful patient assessment, proven surgical techniques, and close postoperative follow up. Aesthetic success is maximized by strict attention to detail, and customizing each procedure to address a patient’s unique anatomic form and personal cosmetic goals. In addition to superior aesthetic outcomes, Dr. Beber feels patient education is essential to every surgical procedure. The decision to undergo cosmetic surgery is a very exciting one, and also very personal. That is why Dr. Beber personally meets directly with you during the consultation in a comfortable, unrushed atmosphere, to review the advantages and disadvantages of various surgical techniques, the recovery period you can expect, as well as the potential risks of the surgery. Dr. Beber’s warm and thoughtful manner encourages patients to ask questions, allowing you to be better informed, and empowering you to make the decision that is right for you. Dr. Beber graduated with honours from the University of Toronto medical school, and then went on to complete the prestigious 5-year Plastic Surgery Residency Training Program at the University of Toronto. During this time, Dr. Beber received multiple awards including awards for excellence in patient care, teaching, and research. After completing his training, Dr. Beber was invited to join the staff of both Women’s College Hospital as well as Toronto East General Hospital, where he continues to provide cosmetic and reconstructive surgery to his patients, including aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery, body contouring, as well as facial rejuvenation procedures.

• University of Toronto