Ratings for Dr. Peter K.K. Wong

Peter Wong is one of the worst dr's in Vancouver. He does not care about his patients, as many others have stated he's only concerned with money. He is arrogant and rude. He should put in a revolving door.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

lots of patients so long wait times, not really under his control if the patients are taking long though. a lot of patients are older and have concerns that are not necessarily ones that can be dealt with in that time and most people don't understand that.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

I have SERIOUS concerns about this doctor from my own experience (my 80 year old mother is in his care) & from reading these reviews. My mom has hardening of the ateries...asthma...hypothyroidism...osteoporosis. .....hypertension. And this doctor prescribes drugs after drug. He says for mom to just eat whatever she wants and to let her just enjoy her life. We will be pushing him for more solutions and look for another doctor. If you have an elderley parent in his care make sure you accompany him or her to their appointments to let this guy know that there is someone else looking out for your mom or dad.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

I've been with this doctor since I was nine. He's great, and I find that he treats older patients much more patiently than he treats younger patients. But he's amazing with my newborn and he is willing to answer any questions I have about my baby.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

My family has been with this doctor for a long time but we all don't like him at all. He's impatient, condescending and doesn't care. I'm switching doctors as soon as I can

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

The only good thing about this Dr. is Grace his assistant for many years. He treats older people much like a bully and with prescription after prescription. Money is the motive as there is often a long wait so he can push them through as fast as possible. He has on the occassion not even looked at my mother's rash when she complained to only find out she had a minor case of shingles on the second visit. The elderly are better looked after if accompanied by another family member (younger) who is willing to ask the questions and expect a reasonable response rather than pushed aside.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. My parents have been seeing this doctor for a long time., When my dad turned eighty, he needed a doctor to fill out his Driveable form saying that he is fit to drive. He wrote dementia and my dad has NOT been diagnosed for dementia. My dad had to pay 1000 in driving school and more tests. Because Dr. Peter Wong made a mistake. HE has a mean streak in him. He responded that back angrily to my father that he was stupid. DO NOT GO TO THIS MAN!!!! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

You can really tell when a Doctor’s sole purpose of being a medical practitioner is because of money. He used to be my family doctor. Thank God I switched doctors. He does not care about his patient’s well being. His opinions and comments show a lack of knowledge, sincerity, and empathy. My dad was injured in a work incident and was wrongly diagnosed. He evaluated that my dad was able to return to work, when clearly, he was not able to (as confirmed but other doctors later). My dad, as ordered, returned to work and experienced extreme difficulty and pain carrying out his work. When his work place received the medical report, they too were in disbelief and suggested my dad to be examined by other doctors. After he realized how careless and negligent he was in his report, he apologized. Unfortunately, I had a lack of legal knowledge back then. If the incident happened today, I swear I will report him to the college and sue him for malpractice. I urge anyone of his patients who experienced the same thing to do so.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

I have lower back pain since May 2013. It took him a few months to figure out the cause of the pain throught CT scan & X Ray. It proven that my naturopatic doctor was correct. The pain was due to problem with the disc in the lumbar spine area. This doctor is inexperienced, poor punctuality, not a caring doctor and never bother to spend more time to understand your problem. Everytime I visited him, I waited 2 hours even I am on time. I was in the office for a new prescription and endup waited an hour, but still didn't see him. I was very frusturated, was in pain for over a week without medication. I was upsat and left the office, went to a medical clinic and get the prescription within 15 minutes. He has too many patients and can not take care them properly. His staff is not cooperative with urgent/minor sitution. I am looking for a new doctor to treat my back condition.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

Dr. Peter Wong is • Lack of preparation for appointments • Lack of empathy, inappropriate-prescription of drugs, and booking more appointments than is necessary • Inattention towards his patients, resulting in fatal consequences I have submitted the associated details to the college of physicians and surgeons +https://www.cpsbc.ca/public-information/general#filing

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013