Ratings for Dr. Peter K.K. Wong

This doctor sucks. He has recommended my father(beginning with when he turned 80) take a diving road test on 3 different occaisions and all 3 times my father passed...this would lead you to believe there's nothing wrong with my fathers driving other than whats in Dr Wong small mind...if a elderly can pass 3 times you everytime you send him shouldnt you admit he's a pretty good driver...Wong doesnt get it...he's a stupid doctor, arrogant like another commenter said and condascending. Elderly beware, don't go to Wong for driver assessment.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2018

I've been seeing Dr Wong for over 20 years. His wait times are incredibly long (better since moving to the new location though) but he is caring and takes his time to hear out my concerns. I have a weak immune system and prone to respiratory infections. Dr Wong has no problems sending me specialists or chest x-rays when I needed them and his office is really great about following up with me. Speaking of his staff, they are super friendly. They all know me by name on the phone and always greet me and my kids with warmth and smiles. They are, after all, people and if you treat them with respect they will do the same. I've seen some patients lose their patience with the staff and obviously it will be reciprocated. Both my two kids have seen him from birth and he is always thorough with his examinations with them. A few months ago he even caught a misdiagnosis from a walk-in clinic doctor who saw my baby daughter. I had gone to the clinic because it was late on a Saturday and I couldn't get an appointment with Dr. Wong. It turns out she was prescribed unnecessary medication and Dr. Wong got it all sorted out. The long waits would be a huge put-off by a lot of patients but he is an old-school doctor who works six days a week and it's quite easy to get an appointment with him. My wife's doctor only works four days a week and sometimes there is a week waiting period to get an appointment, but she does see her patients on time. Depends on what you prefer I guess - easy to make appointments but long waits or hard to make appointment but on time to see you. Here's a tip for you: go to the appointment on time and if there's a long wait then go grab a bite at one of the numerous restaurants and cafes nearby. Or take your kids to ToysRUs across the street. Bottom line is that I'll be seeing Dr. Wong until he retires and then probably continue with Dr. Darwin Wan who has recently joined the practice.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2018

He has been my doctor for years since he took over his predessor., Dr Leung. You do wait an hour or more even with appointment. You do feel that you are rushed through the appointment and doesn't listen to your concerns fully. Recently when I needed an appointment to come into get a prescription refill the staff postponed my appointment several times to the point where I ran out of medication! The staff are rude when speaking to you.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2018

He is very bad! He ask for money and I want to slap him into the face. He plays badminton. I played against him and I won! You need milk Dr. Wong.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

My mom has seen this doctor once he inherited the practice from her former doctor. I've taken my mom to see him several times and asked well informed questions but he is arrogant and asked if I was the doctor or if he was. He had changed my mom's medication after her endocrinologist had set her meds which caused her to suffer great side effects. After seeing the specialist he was flabbergasted as to why Dr. Wong had changed everything. I told the specialists the problems my mom was having with leg cramps falling and low sugar from her diabetes. The specialist urged me to find her another doctor but the problem is that my mom is afraid she can not find one who speaks Chinese. This is the common mindset of most elderly Asian patients. My mom had to request 5 times over 3 years to get her a referral to the spine clinic. When she got it nobody contacted us about an appointment and Dr. Wong had the nerve to say that we had canceled it when in reality he had not followed up to send the xrays to the clinic. This guys doesn't have his patients best interest in mind because all he does is pile on the prescriptions and won't allow for repeats so you have to see him every time you need a refill. He has attributed my mom's back pain to old age and says he doesn't want to see her in his office repeatedly for pains associated with aging. We'll he was completely wrong because when Dr. Wong was away on vacation my brother took my mom to see the substitute doctor who promptly followed through by sending all her test results with a new referral to the spine clinic. We saw a specialist in 1 month yet Dr. Wong made my mom suffer for 5 years dismissing her complaints. Dr. Wong has terrible bedside manner, lacks knowledge in many areas, is arrogant, never follows through, is dismissive and a disgrace to any doctor that actually cares about the well being of their patients. This man's license should be revoked and he should never be allowed to practice ever again. I read the review about the liver cancer that Dr. Wong didn't diagnose early enough because he just kept prescribing pills and it's horrible what that family had to go through. I really hope they sued him for malpractice. Maybe that's why all his appointments need to be dictated as to what he says who is in the room and what he prescribes. I'm really hoping to find a new doctor for my mom soon but somebody will be accompanying her on every appointment until we can. I beg you do NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR. You're better off at a walk in clinic.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

Wow - I thought it was just me that found this guy to be inept and clearly more interested in $$ than what should be a calling - to help people. One example I have noted is when he required an elderly non ambulatory patient to come to his office to be handed a letter from a specialists office notifying the time and place of an appointment. There are the Royal Mail, the telephone, email alternatives which would not require the same disruption of not just the patient but those that care for them. Friends have to schedule a half day to achieve this 10 minute audience - in our case three people including the patient. My GP would NEVER disrespect me in this way. This guy KKWong was awarded the Order of BC for his non medical activities - an advocate for strong trade relations with China, participating in a number of trade missions with all levels of government and serving as a special advisor to the Musqueam Nation for Asia-Pacific affairs. In my opinion he should stick to his business interests and abandon his hobby. AVOID this guy unless you want some trade representation.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

I agree with most of the reviews that say Dr. Peter KK Wong is the worst doctor. He keeps patients waiting at least an hour and then rushes them through the appointment as quickly as he can. He doesn't listen, contradicts specialists opinions, and seems to lack very important knowledge. He has alot of elderly Chinese patients who I feel badly for and know that they are likely not getting good care. He likes to prescribe prescription meds as a solution to important issues without consideration of their side effects. He inherited this practice from a doctor who retired and he cares more about the business than he does the people who come to him for care. I am appalled with the reviewer on Feb 7/17 who is obviously a staff person who condons this type of behaviour and lack of care while also triple booking patients.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Peter Wong is one of the worst dr's in Vancouver. He does not care about his patients, as many others have stated he's only concerned with money. He is arrogant and rude. He should put in a revolving door.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

lots of patients so long wait times, not really under his control if the patients are taking long though. a lot of patients are older and have concerns that are not necessarily ones that can be dealt with in that time and most people don't understand that.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

I have SERIOUS concerns about this doctor from my own experience (my 80 year old mother is in his care) & from reading these reviews. My mom has hardening of the ateries...asthma...hypothyroidism...osteoporosis. .....hypertension. And this doctor prescribes drugs after drug. He says for mom to just eat whatever she wants and to let her just enjoy her life. We will be pushing him for more solutions and look for another doctor. If you have an elderley parent in his care make sure you accompany him or her to their appointments to let this guy know that there is someone else looking out for your mom or dad.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016