Ratings for Dr. Stuart Carr

The new address is #207, 10430 - 61st Avenue, Edmonton.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

I have been taking my 2 years old son to Stuart for slightly over a year now. My son has multiple allergies compounded with eczema. the signs vary widely sometimes its a runny nose and sneezing, sometimes its really bad vomiting and sometimes its a severe itchy rush. Stuart has been very detailed in the way he has handled my son, pinpointing as many of the allergies as possible and helping me to draw a plan on how to ensure each allergy is dealt with. most times allergy treatments are symptomatic so the fact that he prescribes many medications has not been a problem to me because I only use the medications when the need arises and it gives me a very peaceful mind when I know I have multiple options of treatment. So we hit it off really well with Stuart and I have never said this about doctors anywhere else. Cheers.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Just love Dr Carr. He is good to the kids and explains things very well. Some things are not so easy some times, but Dr Carr always seems to have the right words and a good explanation. He is straight forward and has a high efficiency. I would recommend Dr Carr to all my friends and family. If you do not like what he says, it's probably not him ... it's you!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I think Dr. Carr is very knowledgable and bright, but he tends to have very poor active listening skills. He's extremenly stuck to his way of presenting info and doing things. I think that my son is on a ton of meds that I would rather he not be, and the blowing test for asthma is always so intense! Carr is very intense in general. I think he drinks either a ton of coffee or is ADHD! I do like his knowledge, I just wish he was more approachable and relaxing to talk to. My husband and I are both educated and smart people, we don't need to be talked down to. Carr needs to work on his people skills.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Excellent experience for both Mom and child! Very very informative!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

What a relief. Dr. Carr got right to the point and directly dispelled many myths. Although we are educated and well read we know little to nothing about his field of practice. It was refreshing to learn facts from someone who did not pull any punches. Kevin

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr. Carr is fast, efficient and keeps the conversation on track. However, I also find he has very poor listening skills and an overall arrogant attitude. He is good if you are looking to identify allergens through testing, however if you are a parent who is looking to discuss your child's health or treatment - stay away. He is close minded and won't let you get a word in.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

My son was referred to Dr. Carr through AB Health Services for a possible vaccine allergy. He suffers from breathing and sinus issues as well, and I assumed that being an allergist (and a professional) that he would address the whole patient and all his problems. However, because we were only referred for a possible vaccination related allergy, that's all he would discuss with us, even though he acknowledged that there is a high probability that he has environmental allergies. He said that if his pediatrician wanted him to investigate them further to let him know. I found him loud, juvenile, pompous, and condescending.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

While local doctors in our province would not listen to us, as parents, Dr. Carr did. He showed extreme passion and care in working with our twin daughters as well as our youngest daughter. Our twins have been seeing Dr. Carr for 12 years now and all I can say is..HE'S THE BEST. He listens. He involves his patients....our children. He talks to them as well as to us as the parents. All in all....he helped change the life of one of our twins who has severe allergies. His prescriptions and directions for care of all three of our girls....PERFECT. Dr. Carr has always treated us with respect and ensures that all of our questions are answered before we leave his office. He's quick to respond to phone calls and e-mails.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

My son has been seeing Dr. Carr for several years. I have no problem with the care he has been getting as the Dr. is very knowledgeable and thorough but I agree with a previous comment made. Dr. Carr has always talked down to me (I'm well educated and presentable) and would never address me when entering the room or during the visit. Even when my son was very young, he spoke directly to him and was always condescending towards me. Also, he never returns his emails or phone messages which is very irritating.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011