Ratings for Dr. Gary E. Kraus

Great Doctor and very bad and rude office manager. Caring man and even gave me his cell number in case i needed him. What a man Thanks Dr.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

I fell off a ladder and hurt my neck and back while trying to cut some limbs off a tree. The treating emergency physician took x-rays and an MRI of my neck and back. The tests showed fractures in my neck and lower lumbar. After searching on the internet for a neurosurgeon, I choose Dr. Gary Kraus. After surgery and therapy treatment, I feel better than ever. Dr. Kraus is very competent and made my recovery very easy. With all the pain I was in, I never thought I would be able to simple things again. I was reading the posting on July 27, 2015 by someone who if giving a bad review about Dr. Kraus and his staff. It is quit evident this person is lying, because there is no way a doctor can find out who posted good or negative comments on this website. This is just an out right lie. The social media can be good and also bad when someone who did not get their way, post a negative comment about anyone. I found the office staff to be very courteous and polite. Of course a specialist will be late to see patients if he is called for an emergency at the hospital ER. I am happy that I choose Dr. Kraus and you will too.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

This is a doctor who cares about his online ratings more than his patients. The office manager was extremely rude, and wait time was in excess of one hour each time I went. When I posted an objective review of my experience on RateMD, the doctor immediately found out it was me. He repeatedly called and harassed me late in the evenings asking me to remove the review. He would not hang up until I agree to do so. Ironically, he never cared to spend nearly as much time listening and offering useful medical advice as he did during those unwanted late night calls. I would not trust these overwhelmingly positive reviews about this doctor here, given my experience how he attempted to manipulate patient reviews.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

He is always late!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

On June 29th, 2012, Dr. Kraus performed a spinal fusion on my L5-S1. Over the past 7 years, I have suffered from severe sciatica in my right leg. In addition, it was beginning to cause atrophy in my tibialis anterior muscle in my right leg. Finding Dr. Kraus was a true blessing. It has only been 5 weeks since he has performed the fusion, and I can honestly say that the sciatica is completely gone. There is absolutely ZERO leg pain. The recovery process is long, and my lumbar will take many months to fuse, but my recovery is going extremely well. I am walking better than I ever have, and the motion in my lower back will soon return. Aside from the surgery, Dr. Kraus has an amazing staff. They will go above and beyond to answer any questions that you have. As for Dr. Kraus, his bedside manner is second to none. The man has a heart of gold. Do not second guess yourself in choosing this doctor. He has given me a new life, one wihout pain.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

Waited in excess of 1 hr then Dr Kraus spent less than 10min during exam. Staff & DR pressured me to use facilities that were part of clinic/part owned by Dr Kraus.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

I suffered from a herniated disk in the L4-L5 lumbar region for over 3 months. Sitting was very difficult and driving was very painful. My surgery lasted about 2 hours and was performed in an outpatient facility. The incision was only about 1.5 inches long. My pain relief was immediate. Surgery started at 10 am and I walked out of the hospital about 1:30 pm. No more pain...not even from the incision. I went out to dinner the same night with friends. They could hardly believe it. I could not have asked for a better outcome. Dr. Kraus did a good job explaining the procedure before hand and answered all of my questions expertly.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

I have had two surgeries at my L5-S1 for herniated discs. The 1st one (08/10) was done by the 1st dr my GP referred and 2nd (02/12) I asked around from ppl I knew had gone thru similar surgery. Dr Kraus was highly recommended. After my 1st there was so much pain at the surgery site. Had a morphine pump 1st day and had to have a lot of help getting up and down for at least a week. The difference w/ Dr Kraus was incredible! I would say 80% less pain. I was up & walking once the anesthesia wore off. I thought perhaps he put in some sort of block (maybe like a walking epidural) but after speaking to him I found that he did not. I am AMAZED at the difference and I credit it all to Dr Kraus' care and abilities. My 1st Dr literally forgot about me & had to be called the morning of the surgery to come in! Dr Kraus was patient & thorough, answering any questions I had. If you have pain THIS IS YOUR GUY! I can't stress enough how great this guy is! Thanks for making me pain free Dr Kraus!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

Gary Kraus removed a Meningioma from my skull last week and saved my life. He did a great job. Thank you for saving my life!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

I was beginning to loose my balance and the MRI showed not one but two brain tumors. Dr. Kraus performed surgery and I was ready to leave the hospical within 48 hours

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Dr. Gary E. Kraus's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Amerigroup