Ratings for Dr. Gary E. Kraus

My experience with the doctor and the office, over a period of several years, has been one of extreme professionalism and trust. Rarely does a physician make themself so patient and available. Whenever I need to see the doctor, he tries to work me into the schedule. He and his office have helped me so much over the years, and I am very grateful.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

He triple books patients, leaving evening waiting for hours. I waited for over three hours in the waiting room and another 30 minutes in an exam room. He or his office staff will not tell you up front, but he no longer performs surgeries or procedures.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

Staff wasn’t very friendly AT ALL or helpful, but Dr Kraus was kind and patient. I have a follow up with him hopefully it will go well.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2018

Due to precise questions and accurate imaging analysis, this doctor pin pointed the root cause of my pain. It took me three years to find the answers.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

Great Doctor and very bad and rude office manager. Caring man and even gave me his cell number in case i needed him. What a man Thanks Dr.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

I fell off a ladder and hurt my neck and back while trying to cut some limbs off a tree. The treating emergency physician took x-rays and an MRI of my neck and back. The tests showed fractures in my neck and lower lumbar. After searching on the internet for a neurosurgeon, I choose Dr. Gary Kraus. After surgery and therapy treatment, I feel better than ever. Dr. Kraus is very competent and made my recovery very easy. With all the pain I was in, I never thought I would be able to simple things again. I was reading the posting on July 27, 2015 by someone who if giving a bad review about Dr. Kraus and his staff. It is quit evident this person is lying, because there is no way a doctor can find out who posted good or negative comments on this website. This is just an out right lie. The social media can be good and also bad when someone who did not get their way, post a negative comment about anyone. I found the office staff to be very courteous and polite. Of course a specialist will be late to see patients if he is called for an emergency at the hospital ER. I am happy that I choose Dr. Kraus and you will too.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

This is a doctor who cares about his online ratings more than his patients. The office manager was extremely rude, and wait time was in excess of one hour each time I went. When I posted an objective review of my experience on RateMD, the doctor immediately found out it was me. He repeatedly called and harassed me late in the evenings asking me to remove the review. He would not hang up until I agree to do so. Ironically, he never cared to spend nearly as much time listening and offering useful medical advice as he did during those unwanted late night calls. I would not trust these overwhelmingly positive reviews about this doctor here, given my experience how he attempted to manipulate patient reviews.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

He is always late!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

On June 29th, 2012, Dr. Kraus performed a spinal fusion on my L5-S1. Over the past 7 years, I have suffered from severe sciatica in my right leg. In addition, it was beginning to cause atrophy in my tibialis anterior muscle in my right leg. Finding Dr. Kraus was a true blessing. It has only been 5 weeks since he has performed the fusion, and I can honestly say that the sciatica is completely gone. There is absolutely ZERO leg pain. The recovery process is long, and my lumbar will take many months to fuse, but my recovery is going extremely well. I am walking better than I ever have, and the motion in my lower back will soon return. Aside from the surgery, Dr. Kraus has an amazing staff. They will go above and beyond to answer any questions that you have. As for Dr. Kraus, his bedside manner is second to none. The man has a heart of gold. Do not second guess yourself in choosing this doctor. He has given me a new life, one wihout pain.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

Waited in excess of 1 hr then Dr Kraus spent less than 10min during exam. Staff & DR pressured me to use facilities that were part of clinic/part owned by Dr Kraus.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

Dr. Gary E. Kraus's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal