Ratings for Dr. David N. Armstrong

I have nothing but the best things to say about Dr. Armstrong! I first met him as a teenager having to undergo what seemed to me an involved surgery and he was nothing but kind and sympathetic to a traumatized teen. My parents were probably worse to deal with and he answered every single question and mapped out a plan of action for my procedure before my case and made sure we were all aware of what was going to take place. He joked around with me and put me at ease. On the day of my surgery he allowed me to bring in my pillow and stuffed animal in the pillow case. With my illness it is said that patients can expect to have to have surgery every 10 years but I am 14 years post surgery and still in remission due to his surgical skills. Every time I have a follow-up look at the surgical site I get a clean bill for the area! I credit Dr. Armstrong for my continued good health. I still keep in touch with him because he means so much to me to have given me my quality of life back. I know it sucks to not feel good but if you show just a little kindness to your doctor they may end up being some of the most treasured people in your life!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I was somewhat nervous going in to my first time appointment because of some negative comments below, but I found my experience to be quite the opposite of what I found here. Dr. Armstrong's bedside manner was kind and understanding. His staff were friendly, supportive and helpful. They fit me into their schedule and I am having a procedure within less than 24 hours. I have heard nothing but good things about his abilities and I am going into my procedure with more trust in him than some doctors I have known for years. I am glad I found Dr. Armstrong.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Worst experience I ever had going to the Doctor. I made an apt. with Doctor David Armstrong, but get a different intern or Doctor to talk to. Then, David came in for a minute. I was greeted with a hand shake immediately following with pull down your pants and bend over here. I was shocked at how fast this happened after the hand shake. When I didn't react within a few seconds he repeated it. About 30 seconds later I had a finger shoved up my ass by the intern/Doctor. No warning. I was asked, 3 times, if this hurts and responded yes, but she kept rotating her finger anyway. ?? During this another helper swung the door wide open to come in for some unknown reason. 30 seconds later they left the room, with no "nice to meet you", and they left lubrication all over my ass. Before I could wipe, this other helper nurse lady asked if I could come back and speak to the Doctor or Intern in her office. The most respectful part of my visit.

Submitted June 5, 2014

I suffered with hemorrhoids for years. Went to another doctor first who did a painful procedure that didn’t help. Dr. Armstrong treated my hemorrhoids with rubberbands. Much less painful and fixed my problem. Yeah!!

Submitted November 27, 2013

An extremely pleasant staff, which made my visit so much more comfortable. Dr. Armstrong was very detailed and explained my future surgery thoroughly. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

Staff unprofessional. Was never at ease while in office. Dr spent all of 30 seconds with me. Did not even address my main concern.

Submitted November 4, 2013

I went to another proctologist multiple times for bleeding hemroids (base on a recommendation by my brother), and he was not able to find the one causing my problem (not sure what he removed all 4-5 of these visits). Out of frustration I went back to my PCP (Dr. Ralph A. Jackson - an excellent MD) who referred me to Dr. Armstrong. Dr.Armstrong took care of the problem in one visit. Excellent physician!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

Dr. Armstrong is a great and talented surgeon. He did my colon resection and I would recommend him to anyone...great doctor! His staff is OK...however he is always responsive to improvement comments.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2012

I was sent to Dr. Armstrong from my gastrointernest because of an anal fissure. He is very fast and quick and so is his staff in scheduling you for surgery. After the surgery, I had made a list of questions to ask him. He put down his clip board and answered all my questions. I did the same thing when going in for my 2 week checkup. Getting the staff/nurses call you back is a total chore. I called on a Thursday and finally got to talk to the surgery scheduling person and I asked when my surgery was...she said she will call me Friday (the next day) with the details. I asked for details now....she said she would call me on Friday. :(

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

I highly recommend Dr. Armstrong. He is a great surgeon and knows how to work well when confronted with unexpected internal discoveries. You will do no better than this exceptional surgeon!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2012