Ratings for Dr. John L. Bulette

I am extremely disappointed and hurt by the way I was treated after over 6 years of sessions with this individual. In the beginning things were good for the most part but nothing spectacular. (Not many Dr.'s in this specialty in the area unfortunately) This year though my respect for this doctor has expired. I don't want to go too far into the matter but briefly I will just say that he isn't comfortable with helping individuals that are of a different sexual orientation. I say this because he tried to tell me I wasn't homosexual and that I just thought that I was because I wanted to torture myself. I have been dealing with my sexuality internally pretty much my entire life and it took me until the last couple years to actually be able to talk about it out loud as well as find happiness with it and finally now have a long awaited relationship with someone! I would understand if he had a reason to believe that I was just confused but he didn't. I was in a happy relationship with someone for the first time in my entire life but according to his theory it was just a way for me to hide my feelings and not deal with some unknown guilt from my past. Even though I was confident in my feelings regarding my sexuality I listened and tried to see if there was any truth behind what he told me but ultimately stood up for what I believed. That was that no one can control nor choose their sexuality and that I was okay with mine. He completely changed. He then acted very cold towards me and was easily agitated. He soon after said that he didn't think that he could help me and that I didn't want to get better. I am now left with the decision whether or not I want to find another psychiatrist and tell them my life's story from the very beginning all over again. Do you blame me for hesitating? I hope not!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

This doctor is compassionate and gives full credibility to the feelings of the patient. He is respectful. His office is casual and comfortable.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

Dr. John L. Bulette's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1966)

Multiplan