Ratings for Dr. Deanna M. Derusso

Great doctor. Great personality, easy to talk to; staff is very accomadating. She does tend to run behind a little but that is because she is busy with a large following of patients. I'm not even sure I would go to a doctor who wasn't in such high demand. She is the best doctor around.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

I was not feeling well for a very long time. I had been to so many doctors who just never took the time to talk to me and examine me. I was finally referred to Dr. DeRusso by a co-worker who spoke very positive about her. After the first visit, she began the needed testing to figure out what was going on with me. Very quickly, she diagnosed my illness and began treatment! It was a miracle. On a scale of 1 to 10, she is a 10. Excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

A great doctor. My wife and I are amazed with what she has done for our family. She may not be on time, but I have learn over the years that she is the "go to" doctor when others can't figure out what is wrong; therefore, instead of shoveling people to some specialist, she is busy figuring out what is wrong with people. I guess it is too hard for her staff to know how long to schedule each person... Dr. DeRusso is brilliant and will figure out what is wrong with the patient and sometimes it take time. My wife started seeing her first, but when my doctor and a few specialist couldn't figure out what was wrong with me; my wife made me go to her. Best decision ever. Highly recommend. The least I can do is write her a few reviews.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

Worst doctor ever. My appointment was for 10am and I had to wait over an hour and when she finally did come in to see me she talked to me for 2 minutes. Super unprofessional. Don't waste your time with this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr. DeRusso has been my primary doctor for 16 years. My father, who worked in the Northern Virginia medical community for ~40 years, recommended Dr. DeRusso after receiving several recommendations from her peers. Her services do cost more; I have to submit my health reimbursements; and her office seems to operate on island time --- but to recieve the best of the best in health care, it's worth it. I highly recommend her services.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Dr. D has been my Internist for about 13 years and has been a wonderful doctor. She actually believes me when I tell her something. She knows that I know my body and works with me based upon my symptones, along with her own medical expertice. I appreciate a doctor who has trust in ME, the patient in knowing my own body. I appreciate her teremendously!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

She is an excellent communicator with a lot of patience. Very good bedside manner

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. D for a number of years and have had a wonderful experience. After years of being told that I'm just getting older she finally took the time to investigate and as it turns out I have an autoimmune dissorder, mild but there nun-the less. No after feeling horrible for year I feel great. She takes her time with each person and really gets to the root of the matter. That being said you have to plan on her running late. I've had to wait an hour and a half before to be seen.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2013

A simple office visit with her spending as little as 10 minutes with you, will cost you triple of what other 'good' doctors get in the area. She should post her rates on a board in the waiting room, like they do in beauty salons and some restaurants. On your initial visit she doesn't ask about your family's medical history; I found that to be very odd. Isn't your family's medical history important? She seems scattered, makes it look like she's writing things down in your file when she's talking to you, yet on your next visit she asks the same exact questions. I think the one insurance she accepts is Cigna. If you don't have Cigna insurance and you don't mind paying exorbitant fees for inconsistent care, she's your doctor.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

The doctor would rip off your bank balance. Diagnosis is poor. Each small thing as a bruise on your hand would cost you $250. If you have extra money to throw, use the doctor. Would not recommend even to an enemy. Would have given a zero or negative rating if I could. Please do not waste your time and money

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

Dr. Deanna M. Derusso's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1994)