Ratings for Dr. Marianne R. Pestoff

I had severe back pain with my first pregnancy. She told me it was normal and made me feel stupid for even bringing it up. I have a high pain tolerance (didn't have labor pain until I was 9cm dilated and fully effaced, and it was like a regular menstrual cramp). However, this back pain would leave me in tears. I found out that my hips were dislocating. She didn't listen and was kind of arrogant.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Took time to explain the issue, provide several alternatives and arm me with the comfort of making a well-informed care decision.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

I have went to Dr.Pestoff for many years and I Love her!! She is very knowledgable and takes time to get to know her patients....

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

Dr. Pestoff is wonderful! Very personable, caring, and interested in your overall health. I appreciate her taking the time to talk with me and giving me an opportunity to ask questions before undressing for the exam. Both my sister and I have been a patient of Dr. Pestoff for years. 5+ stars!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

I had been in misery for several years. Although my drs would read my charts, no one would listen to how my condition affected my life and the lives of my family. Dr. Pestoff listened and promised to help. I completely broke down and cried when she said that to me. Someone really cared. Someone wanted to actually help me get my life back. She had performed surgery on a family member and she was so devoted to their care, that the entire family looks to her as an angel. I followed her to Grace. When my daughter needed an OB...guess who she wanted? We ALL love her.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2010

Dr. Pestoff was my doctor with both my children. Unfortunately, she was not on call when I had to be induced with my first child but she still followed me to the hospital. She did deliver my second child. My husband and myself both really enjoy her being my doctor. Since I started being a patient to doctor Pestoff(when I was 17, now 29), my mom, 2 cousins, and some more extended family members have started going to her. By the way, they love her. I did follow doctor Pestoff to Grace and I believe it was the right decision for her. She is very thorough and detailed with her examinations. What else can I say, We love her...

flag | Submitted August 22, 2008

I have to agree with the last posting. She was very adamant about my losing the weight that I had gained during pregnancy. She told me that if I continued at the rate that I was going I would weigh 300 pounds and die an early age and would not be able to see my child grow up. Wow that was so encouraging and motivating to hear. Needless to say I no longer see Dr. Pestoff. I have to give her credit for getting me through my pregnancy, but it makes me wonder why she changed practices and didn't stay with Laurel OB ???

flag | Submitted May 21, 2007

LOVE HER! After leaving another practice because I was unhappy, and having my next OB stop delivering babies halfway through my pregnancy, I chose Dr. Pestoff. She was great! Very personable, always concerned, easy to talk to, honest in her diagnoses, and very compassionate. During labor she spent the last 2 hours in my room waiting for the big moment. She talked me through the last bit of labor that I REALLY did not think I could do! She is the best! You won't be disappointed!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007

Seemed compassionate at first, but once I was an established patient, she changed completely. She blamed my gynecological problems on my weight and scolded me for trying not to shed some of my pounds. I was insulted, and as a result, have not been to see an OBGYN in over 3 years.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007

Dr. Marianne R. Pestoff's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

(General) - Hmo