Ratings for Dr. Alaa Al-Sharief

I have seen Dr. Alaa Al Sharief twice in Waterville at the ER. He is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. he is not quick to prescribe unnecessary medications yet knowledgeable enough to know when to prescribe. He is definitely an asset to our local hospital.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

Very pleasant and helpful. Had him few times at URVH, ER drpattment

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

I saw a doctor at ER in Waterville with the same name, maybe he has transferred from Freddy? Well the Doctor I saw by this name was rude and had no bedside manners. He told me he was prescribing a new birth control pill, and when I asked him what was different with this new pill versus the one I was already on, he got really defensive and didn't really answer me other than snipping back that there were just different. Turns out they were IDENTICAL as the pills I already had, so I wasted money on a prescription I already had.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

Dr.Al-Sharief,he soesn't give a damn when it comes to medical problem.I was in the hospital in Fredericton a few years ago,with a bleeding ulcer and third degree burns and this doctor went beyond and was treating foe mental problems that I never had in the first place,I have a family doctor right now.And I ask everybody to stand clear of this stupid doctor.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

Dr. Al is an amazing doctor - I was sad to see him go when he moved on to another opportunity. He was caring, knowledgeable, and ALWAYS put my best interests (and those of my child) first. Appointments were easily had with little wait time, and was always professional with me. Great, great man.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2010

I had Dr. Alaa Al-Sharief in the ER.. He was very good and I would definitely have no issues having him again.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2010

He missed results on my test, even though they were highlighted by the lab. Was not until follow up lab work that he noticed the first problem. Always very long wait times for appointments, always running late. I've waited in the office upwards of two hours or more. Along with the poster above, he got mad at me for seeing another doctor at the after hours clinic. Maybe he did not realize that there was often a three to six week wait to see him at that time, and that some problems can't wait that long. Poor communication, often read questions notes, word for word at every visit. Glad I moved from Frederiction and was able to find a doctor who was actually able to diagnose and TREAT my long-term illness.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2010

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL FAMILY DOCTOR! DISCUSSES PROBLEM(S)THOROUGHLY; LISTENS WELL; VERY SMART; SENSIBLE,BALANCED APPROACH TO PROBLEM SOLVING; VERY CARING AND COURTEOUS; ANSWERS ALL QUESTIONS THOROUGHLY; VERY GOOD RE FOLLOW UP ON TESTS,ETC/. MY HUSBAND AND I FEEL EXTREMELY FORTUNATE TO HAVE HIM FOR OUR HEALTHCARE. .

flag | Submitted October 23, 2009

Awesome Dr!! Excellent with kids. Takes the time to answer any questions and concerns. Great problem solver and goes above and beyond to make sure we are well taken care of!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

Best family doctor I have ever had. I can get an appointment in a week or two if it is not an emergency, and in that day or the next if it is. He is very helpful, and works very hard to help resolve any problems that you might have.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009