Ratings for Dr. Murari Patodia

I just checked the newest reviews to see how his new office is rated & the same complaints persist--> long waits, selling patients stuff they don't need or want, his rude wife etc. Approx. 25 years ago Dr. Patodia abruptly closed his Sarnia office & moved it to Windsor. Hundreds of his patients here, including our daughter, were then forced to find another eye Dr. Our daughter then had to go to London RE: her serious eye problem ( bleeding behind her eye). His support staff were also suddenly unemployed! Apparently he'd had a dispute with OHIP billing (??) so I never understood that to be any reason for his move as Windsor is also in Ont!! Eventually he returned to Sarnia & resumed his practice here, but we & our daughter & very likely hundreds of others never returned to him as patients after he'd abandoned them. He's now mega wealthy but there never seems to be enough $$ for his wife & anyone doing business with her soon finds out about her 'personality'. Newer folks to Sarnia have no idea about this Dr's past treatment of hundreds of patients approx. 25 years ago.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2019

Very fancy building but feel it’s just a money grab. Was selling everyone around me same “must have” eye kit stating you can only buy product through them. I came home and looked online and it is available for half the cost in Canada. No doubt doctor is knowledgeable but he definitely has a system going for milking as much money from you as possible. Don’t know if I’ll ever go back

flag | Submitted July 16, 2019

My doctor sent me to Patodia for a cyst on the lower eyelid. After an extremely long wait and money wasting eye tests, as well as drops to dialate my pupils, he told me he could remove it . . . for a cost! I told him I couldn't afford to pay out of pocket and asked him why it wasn't covered to which he replied it was considered "cosmetic"! Really??? To remove something that could impair your vision is considered cosmetic - Wow!! When I questioned this he just dismissed me and left the office. Very rude! And all those unnecessary tests were just a money grab! Eventually had it removed at no cost!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2019

When I told him about my pain in the left eye, he told me about his own pain and there is nothing he could do about it. Basically told me to live with my own pain. But he did not forget to sell me a useless kit for $230. Patodia pitched in a way that I needed this kit for my eye, and noticed at the reception that evey other patient is getting one. What are the odds that everyone that entered that door has the same issue as mine and needed that kit? Oh, btw his wife is very rude to the staff. This is just a money milking place. I am never going there again. Went with an issue with my eye, came home with a hole in my pocket and lecture that I have to live with my pain. All-around bad experience and I am returing that dumb kit tomorrow. I also request this website to NOT to remove my review so that it could be helpful for those that doesn't want to waste $230 on a useless kit.

Submitted June 9, 2018

I have been visiting Dr. Patodia's for 7 or so months for my mother for her monthly injections. She moved to Sarnia, from London, where she was getting care with another ophthalmologist. I used to drive to London to take her for her appointments, so I can say this with great confidence. Dr. Patodia and his staff are exceptional. Everyone is very knowledgeable, and extremely courteous. They have consistently been efficient for every appointment I've taken my mom to. In London, there were some days (more often than not) where I would wait 2 hours before I was even seen by someone, and another hour before the appointment was finished. With Dr. Patodia, I am in and out of the office within an hour and a half, maybe a little longer. Sometimes our appointments are even as short as 50 minutes. The equipment that he has is superior to anything I ever saw in London. During our initial appointment, Dr. Patodia was very kind and made sure to explain things well, even though my mom was previously receiving the same treatment elsewhere. To date, I am still impressed with how consistent they are with the quality of service they provide. The care Dr. Patodia and his team provide is also incredible - they have an entire room dedicated to different pieces of equipment and technology to use! Everyone is always smiling and happy to answer question.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

When I was in need of assistance Dr. Patodia was most helpful. Explaining what had happened to my eyes. I could have died if he didn't step in and take over as my previous doctor was on holiday. I felt safe in Dr. Patodia's care. Thank you for taking me on as a patient. Bless you.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

The staff is great! The Dr knows what he is talking about. But very rushed with so many patients. The wife really makes the office experience unpleasant.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

I saw Dr. Patodia on an urgent basis - my optometrist called his office and Dr. Patodia saw me the same day that I was experiencing difficulty. Overall, Dr. Patodia and his staff are very professional, and helpful. I am impressed at the professionalism and knowledge in the office. Dr. Patodia and staff are also very informative. Though it seems very busy when entering the doors, the office flows very well, and the atmosphere is pleasant and welcoming.The duration of my appointments were never too long, and the process in the office is very impressive. My follow up care was easy - because I was an urgent case, Dr. Patodia took the time on the weekend to also follow up to make sure that everything was coming along well. Dr. Patodia has excellent bedside manner, and thorough in his explanations. He took the time to ask if I had any questions and ensured I understood my situation. I never felt rushed while I was with him. He had good relations with everyone from what I've observed, both staff and patients.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

I just wanted to thank you Dr Patodia along with your team for what you do. For me it's been a great experience, and now that both cataracts have been removed and replaced with Toric IOL(intraocular lenses), I'm seeing better than ever. First thing for me is my tennis game has improved mostly because I can see the ball clearly again with great depth perception. But my first real example of sight improvement was a horseshoe tournament 2 weeks after surgery. I won the tournament! With the help of my doubles partner, we won in a field of 40 or so men. Again, I believe it was the depth perception and clear vision that helped me play so well. The surgery itself was painless and quick so anyone with the slightest fear, fear not and get ready for your own personal miracle. thanks again, a grateful patient, Cy Santavy

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

I had a great experience with Dr. Patodia and the team for my cataract procedure! I only had my right eye done because I do not need to have the other one done. The process was professional, everyone was very knowledgeable, helpful and extremely reassuring. Dr. Patodia and the staff were excellent. Before the procedure, I could not see the vision chart. After Dr. Patodia went through my options, I decided to proceed with a lens that would reduce the likelihood of glasses! The measurements they did were extensive, and the staff were very kind and helpful through that process. During the surgery I was very nervous and anxious but Dr. Patodia walked me through everything. The procedure overall was great, and the result were amazing! I could see right after I took my patch off. I was in shock how crisp and bright my vision was. If I knew then what I know now about the procedure, I wouldn't of lost sleep over it! I highly recommenced the surgery to anyone who is considering this in the future.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017