Ratings for Dr. Atul Nanda

Dr. Nanda was my psychiatrist for many years. I liked and trusted him. But after trying to come off antidepressants several times and going through horrible withdrawal and being told I needed the medication and should never stop taking it, I question any psychiatrist who prescribes psychoactive drugs. Was I relapsing when I went off the meds or was I going through withdrawal of which the symptoms mimicked the symptoms of depression for which I was prescribed the antidepressants in the first place. Very little research has been done on how to get people safely off of these drugs or what long terms use of these drugs do to our mind and bodies. Im on the meds but I am still depressed, feel like a zombie, no energy, no motivation, anxiety, body aches, headache, no libido and the list goes on. I feel trapped cuz I think these drugs are harming me and dulling my emotions, my judgement, my passion. They have killed my libido. But I am afraid to go off of them. I'm uncomfortably numb....

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

He really listens. No one was hearing us until he got involved. My mom wasn't a cookie cutter diagnosis, yet every doctor was treating her as such. He came in, heard us, gave her treatment accordingly. And it worked! For the first time in years. He's a great doctor.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

very professional , empathic ,understands the problem, very easy to talk to and approachable . you always learn something new with him , lots of patience , excellent.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I've been seeing Dr.Nanda for about 14 years. He's seen me at my worst and helped me immensly I've been told I need to find a new doctor because he's a geriatric psychiatrist. I hate the thought of having to give him up as a doctor. He's helped me so much and is friendly and kind and never sees you as just another patient he gets to know you. He's an amazing doctor and I highly reccomend him.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

My mom has been seeing Dr Nanda for years. He is amazing attentive and caring

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

I had Dr Nanda for many years both with office and hospital appointments he listened and really cared he didn't want me to hurt any more than I had been he found out what was wrong got me on the right meds and I haven't been hospitalized for over 5 yrs now he not my dr now but I wish he was I never missed an appointment and I know he always had the time for me

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

I had Dr. Nanda for many years. He is very personable, friendly, and knowledgeable. He listens will and has sound advise.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Very helpfully with his dignos and treatment. Fell good after appointments and pills. Now I am redusing pills dosage and adjust to the difference.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

Dr.Nanda is by far the best psychiatrist in the lower mainland. He is caring, professional and diagnoses correctly and explains things clearly. I wouldn't trade him for the world.Yes, you have to see him in the hospital but its worth it and really its not that much different from going to a doctors office is it?AMAZING doctor and I highly reccomend him.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Dr. Nanda is a very nervous doctor who is afraid of office practice. I have to go to the hospital for my regular visits. He couldn't treat me properly either.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2011