Ratings for Dr. Gwen Goodrow

I had the displeasure of being treated by Dr. Goodrow at RCC. She puts all of her patients on the same protocol regardless of the infertility issue. After my first ivf cycle resulted in miscarriage, she pushed for a second cycle without any investigation or reasoning as to why the cycle failed. She just goes by statistics, not looking at each individual case and putting together a treatment plan that best suits the patient. When I went for my 2nd transfer, my bladder was not full due to complications and they had to push the transfer 20 minutes. Goodrow came into the transfer room frustrated and upset that I pushed back her schedule. She told me that since it was my second transfer, I should've known better. She rushed the transfer so that she could "get back on schedule." I walked out of the transfer feeling so shitty instead of excited. The cycle was not successful and I received no phone call from Dr. Goodrow's office. I guess they don't care since they already got my money-over 30k in less than a year. Don't waste your time or your money with Dr. Goodrow or with RCC. I've never been treated so poorly by any medical team in my life.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Did an hsg five weeks after my period without checking if I was pregnant. I ended up in ER due to pregnancy of unknown location. Doctor at ER said hsg probably pushed the embryo out at such an early stage. Never going back to her

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

The most unprofessional doctor I have come across so far!!!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

I transferred to Dr. Goodrow when my current Physician retired. We had already completed an IVF cycle and Dr. Goodrow continued my treatment cycle with the four remaining frozen embryos over the next year. Dr. Goodrow is AMAZING! She is compassionate and incredibly knowledgeable... She has a statistic for EVERYTHING!! :) After suffering a miscarriage at approx 8 weeks, Dr. Goodrow was sympathetic and took the time to explain the most likely cause and outlined the next steps in our process. Our fourth (and final) transfer was a success and we welcomed a healthy baby boy into this world earlier this month. Infertility is a journey and sometimes the reality can be harsh, but with guidance and support from a wonderful Physician and staff, you can navigate your way through this. Some advise that I found helpful along the way: Be informed, be involved, ask questions, hope for success and expect failure along the way.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Very poor bedside manner. It's obvious that she is textbook smart, however she lacks compassion. Not a good doctor. Should not be working with people with her cold attitude and rude comments.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Horrible doctor, she is rude, unprofessional and uninterested in patient care. She wants to brag about her horses or her new jewelry. A few months ago she did my iui on a weekend and was angry that I left the room to use the washroom before my iui and she had to "wait on me" She had the nerve to be standing at the door holding my sample, tapping her foot and said "if you took much longer, I was going to leave" I guess she had to get to her horses. Thank God she is not my usual doctor. I will avoid her. She treats her staff poorly and makes rude comments about them. The nurses were the only reason we stayed at this clinic as long as we did, but now even the nurses are as terrible as the doctor, gossiping and rude. Maybe they don't realize that the walls are quite thin and you can hear them . This clinic has gone downhill since Tracy Heather and Wade left. Stay away, there are better doctors in this clinic than her

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Just say away rom this clinic. Nice lady but awful clinic

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

I was a patient with her since September 2013 , getting my cycle monitoring got one surgery done with her at credit valley for a cyst, however after the surgery she had put me on STERIODS so my medication would work on me since we were sceptical about IUI at that stage. I told her a lot of times about me having issues for those 10 days when I used to eat those steriods but she IGNORED and told me these are just the side effects of the medication, and GUESS WHAT!! I ended up in the emergency department in September 2015 with HIGH SUGAR LEVELS and the doctors told me that it was a STERIOD INDUCED DIABETES and If I had not gone to the Emergency that day i would have ended up going into "COMA"- I was that SICK....She knew about my Family history for Diabetes but NEVER EVER kept a check on it and they used to get all the bloodwork done and she never asked me to check my blood sugar levels EVER.. the doctors from the ER at hospital had sent ISIS fertlity clinic a letter and neither Dr. Goodrow, nor her staff ever tried to contact me as to why I stopped coming to her . They are not worried about the patient but all they want is MONEY.. please beware, do your research and find the best doctor for yourself.. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND HER or HER CLINIC TO ANYONE !!!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

We had been patients at Isis twice! Our first pregnancy with my daughter took 4yrs and sadly we ended up there again when trying to get pregnant with our son for another year. The entire process is mentally, physically & financially draining. However the staff at Isis have been incredible, they were like our cheerleaders, always greeting us with smiles and remembering our names. We can't thank Dr.Goodrow enough for all of her help during this process, respecting our wishes when we chose not to go through with IVF, for answering all of our questions at every visit and mostly for being human through everything. She is a little lady with huge passion for what she does.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Poor surgical expertise and bedside manner. She took one of my eggs out without anesthesia! I never received an apology! I screamed and the anesthesiologist was still connecting my heart monitor & hadn't given her the ok to start the procedure. It was terrifying. Then she got my notes mixed up with another patient and started discussing my retrieval when my visit was actually to discuss the fact id just lost my baby. Instead of apologizing, she also had an intern with her that she didn't introduce and he took the only seat available, then she said she had the wrong notes and to follow her I to another room and made me stand yet again whilst she tapped on her computer! She also was then condescending when I got upset about my loss after 5 years of IVF and said she was concerned about my " mental state" and told me she wouldn't do any further treadetails meant until I pulled myself together. Thank god we switched doctors!!! I am much happier with my new doctor.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015