Ratings for Dr. Gwen Goodrow

awful and arrogant. huge sense of self-importance. Not a good human.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

I have PCOS and a Bicornuate Uterus. I have been trying to have a baby for 7 years and have seen many doctors. I just started to see Dr. Goodrow and I only have great things to say. Every appointment I attended all staff have been great. Dr. Goodrow knows my wishes and respects my decision to try to get pregnant as natural as possible since I will not want to go the ivf route. Dr. Goodrow is taking her time with being as detail as possible without being pushy. Very professional and both my husband and me are very happy no matter what the results are. We all believe its in gods hands and Dr. Goodrow is on the same path with us

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

This place is an absolute joke. I am absolutely shocked and appalled at the level of care I received. As a patient you rarely see your treating doctor - you see whoever happens to be in the office that day and often times the doctor providing you with a service does not have a clear picture of what is going on with you. I initially saw Dr. Goodrow who guaranteed me that she would get me pregnant. That should have been my first red flag. Working as a health care provider myself, I know that guarantees can never be made. Dr. Goodrow did not provide me with a physical examination when we first met. This should have been red flag number 2. I had blood work, ultrasounds and an HSG completed and was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. I went through 2 medicated IUI cycles with no success. I began to question the process and asked if I could have my day 21 progesterone levels checked, to which I was told that "Dr. Goodrow does not believe in progesterone". How can you not believe in a hormone?? When I was about to start my 3rd cycle, a nurse called me and said "Your estrogen levels are high let me check with the doctor". They then proceeded to tell me that everything is fine and my estrogen levels have always been high. They advised me to begin taking medications and to continue with the 3rd IUI. This did not sit well with me. I did some research and saw that endometriosis is associated with high estrogen levels. I then asked for all my lab and ultrasound results as I wanted a second opinion. Upon reviewing the results, I saw information that was never communicated to me. I felt taken advantage of because I was told that I had unexplained infertility when there was clearly something more going on. I took all the information I received and got a second opinion. The new doctor I saw completed a pelvic examination which was extremely painful. He said I needed a laparoscopy and that this should have been completed a year ago. I had the laparoscopic surgery and discovered severe endometriosis, fibroids and a blocked tube. Keep in mind I was told my tubes were clear and I had unexplained infertility. I wasted time, money and subjected myself to treatments that would have never worked. Do yourself a favour and avoid this place. They do not care about you and do the absolute bare minimum. If I could give Dr. Goodrow a 0 star rating, I would.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

I was referred to this clinic after a year of trying to conceive and spent another year with this clinic being treated for infertility. All the tests were run on myself and my husband and the results indicated unexplained infertility. Dr. Goodrow was pleasant at all of our appointments and after 5 failed iuis she insited we move to ivf, again without any explination for our inabilty to conceive. The process of constant cycle monitoring is what another individual noted quite accurately as "an emotional rollercoaster" and it felt even more magnified because our infertility was unexplained..everything was "normal". So my husband and I decided to take a break and in the process friends of ours suggested we get a 2nd opinion from the Dr. That helped them conceive. I was skeptical but scheduled an appointment nonetheless and had my medical file transfered to the new clinic. During that consultation the Dr. Asked me about my history what treatments I had underwent with Dr.Goodrow and also reviewd all my tests and bloodwork. He noticed that although my thyroid levels were within the normal range they weren't in the ideal range to conceive he also noticed that other tests done by Dr. Goodrow indicated mild PCOS. As a result the doctor perscribed thyroxine and glumetza and put me on an investigative cycle, this was August. And by September my spouse and I conceived naturally. All that said i can with confidence say that had Dr. Goodrow reviewed my case as an individual and probbed into what appeared to be simple fundamentals to conceive: treat the thyroid and the PCOS I wouldn't have lost a year of my time not to mention money. I'm sure some may state it was timing but there is is a definite correlation with the medication i took and my abilty to conceive my beautiful daughter and for that I am rating Dr. Goodrow and thw clinic poorly for there lack of due diligence.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

I had the displeasure of being treated by Dr. Goodrow at RCC. She puts all of her patients on the same protocol regardless of the infertility issue. After my first ivf cycle resulted in miscarriage, she pushed for a second cycle without any investigation or reasoning as to why the cycle failed. She just goes by statistics, not looking at each individual case and putting together a treatment plan that best suits the patient. When I went for my 2nd transfer, my bladder was not full due to complications and they had to push the transfer 20 minutes. Goodrow came into the transfer room frustrated and upset that I pushed back her schedule. She told me that since it was my second transfer, I should've known better. She rushed the transfer so that she could "get back on schedule." I walked out of the transfer feeling so shitty instead of excited. The cycle was not successful and I received no phone call from Dr. Goodrow's office. I guess they don't care since they already got my money-over 30k in less than a year. Don't waste your time or your money with Dr. Goodrow or with RCC. I've never been treated so poorly by any medical team in my life.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Did an hsg five weeks after my period without checking if I was pregnant. I ended up in ER due to pregnancy of unknown location. Doctor at ER said hsg probably pushed the embryo out at such an early stage. Never going back to her

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

The most unprofessional doctor I have come across so far!!!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

I transferred to Dr. Goodrow when my current Physician retired. We had already completed an IVF cycle and Dr. Goodrow continued my treatment cycle with the four remaining frozen embryos over the next year. Dr. Goodrow is AMAZING! She is compassionate and incredibly knowledgeable... She has a statistic for EVERYTHING!! :) After suffering a miscarriage at approx 8 weeks, Dr. Goodrow was sympathetic and took the time to explain the most likely cause and outlined the next steps in our process. Our fourth (and final) transfer was a success and we welcomed a healthy baby boy into this world earlier this month. Infertility is a journey and sometimes the reality can be harsh, but with guidance and support from a wonderful Physician and staff, you can navigate your way through this. Some advise that I found helpful along the way: Be informed, be involved, ask questions, hope for success and expect failure along the way.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Very poor bedside manner. It's obvious that she is textbook smart, however she lacks compassion. Not a good doctor. Should not be working with people with her cold attitude and rude comments.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Horrible doctor, she is rude, unprofessional and uninterested in patient care. She wants to brag about her horses or her new jewelry. A few months ago she did my iui on a weekend and was angry that I left the room to use the washroom before my iui and she had to "wait on me" She had the nerve to be standing at the door holding my sample, tapping her foot and said "if you took much longer, I was going to leave" I guess she had to get to her horses. Thank God she is not my usual doctor. I will avoid her. She treats her staff poorly and makes rude comments about them. The nurses were the only reason we stayed at this clinic as long as we did, but now even the nurses are as terrible as the doctor, gossiping and rude. Maybe they don't realize that the walls are quite thin and you can hear them . This clinic has gone downhill since Tracy Heather and Wade left. Stay away, there are better doctors in this clinic than her

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016