Ratings for Dr. Robert James

Dr. James or Dr. Bob as we called him, was an awesome Dr. I went through a tough time with my mother and he was there to offer me an empathetic ear. I have been seeing him since i was 4 and my parents have been seeing him since they were in university. He was very helpful with samples, and referrals when he didn't know the answer. Overall he has been very good to his patients, and we were all sad to see him retire!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

I wish he hadn't retired. I suffered from emotional problems and he saved me from myself. When my mother died of cancer he came to my parent's house early in the morning to pronounce her, so that we could plan the funeral. I have suffered health problems all of my life and he always went the extra mile to help me find better drugs and better treatments. One of the few doctors that still made house calls if needed. I wish he hadn't retired so young, but I wish him all of the best in his retirement. He always reminded me of Trapper John MD in his Birkenstock sandles...even in winter.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2009

I went through menopause alone because he wouldn't recognize it.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2008

Even though he's retired now, I was very upset when I called to make an appointment, and he told me that I was never his patient. He was the doctor who delivered me, and just because I hadn't seen him for 5 years, he dropped me without any warning. What kind of practice is that?

flag | Submitted January 31, 2008

Excellent doctor, looked after me since I was a baby; sadly, retired now.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2007

I have been a patient with Dr. James for 26 years and he delivered my child. He is the most excellent doctor anyone could ever hope for. He is kind, caring, thorough, empathetic, compassionate, knowledgeable, and generous with his time. I have always been able to see him in a timely manner, I do not have to wait long, and I have never felt rushed. He listens and advises with caring, patience, and understanding. He is dedicated, and a truly wonderful human being. Thank you Dr. James.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2007

My family has been with Dr. James for 23 years. He delivered both of my children, coming in on his vacation to do so on both occasions. He or his office returns phone calls quickly and I have never been denied a request to see him on short notice. He has a kind gentle manner. He does not order tests unnecessarily. He takes the time to listen to what you are saying. He genuinely cares about his patients. We are pleased with Dr. James and feel very fortunate to call him our doctor.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2007

I have had Dr james for a number of years 27 in fact and hes always been great with me and my family

flag | Submitted May 30, 2007

I like Dr. James and have had him for 12 years now. However I find he diagnosis and treats me over phone without sufficient testing first most of the time. Having said that, he does however respond to my request fairly rapidly so in that way he is good. He also has a very gentle nature about him.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2007

He has been my doctor for over 15 years now he devilered my first son. Anytime either child is sick he does his best to see them right away. He is very caring and kind.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2007