Ratings for Dr. Barbara Corbett

I prefer her Wyndham location. Dr Corbett has provided great care and listens to concerns. I didn't have delays on any tests or specialist referrals even leading up to Christmas holidays. Her reception isn't always warm and fuzzy but if I had to compare to her previous location it's an improvement. I'm proactive about my care so I don't get offended easily.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

My daughter's and I are fairly new to Dr. Corbett, I like her, and both my daughters like her. The nurses and dietitians that I have met there are very nice and friendly, As is the pharmacy team out front. However, the receptionist's are horrible. I find the male reception very rude was not impressed of what he was wearing, his shirt was half undone, and his stomach was showing, and I find that inappropriate for professional office attire. I find that both the receptionists are very rude and talk down to you. They also give very confusing information. I have heard them whispering about patients which is inappropriate, when there are patients in waiting room and can hear what they are saying. There is sometimes a 3rd receptionist, however, have not really dealt with her.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Dr. Corbett is a practical and compassionate Doctor. Her interdisciplinary support team makes this office a one stop opportunity for care, including an attached Pharmacy. Appointments kept in a punctual fashion. Support staff friendly, welcoming and accommodating. After a number of sub par experience with other local MD's, it was a pleasure to find Dr. Corbett. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I had a kidney stone and they sent me for a ultra sound which I was able to get done the same day. They called me the next day and said they wanted to send me for a CT Scan and they would make the appointment and call me back once they had it. I didn't hear back for a few days so I called and asked about it. They were very rude and basically laughed at me and said it would take a lot longer but wouldn't give a timeline. 5 weeks later they called me and told me they were still waiting for me to go for an ultrasound. I told them I went the same day I saw the doctor, the lady on the phone then said "oh yes we have them" and told me they can now make the appointment. They called back 2 days later and had an appointment for the next day.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Not the most attentive family doctor. I have left her and have gone to another clinic. My wife and I found her that when we brought issues and concerns to her it seemed like we were an inconvenience to her. On several occasions she told us to just wait out our concerns rather then seeking out specialist help, and they escalated. I would not recommend her at all.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Dr. Corbett is a great doctor, although I find I just go to her and get a referral. I don't find that she actually provides that much care. But that could just be the issues that I was in for. The male receptionist however is extremely rude, condescending and unprofessional. He isn't there all the time which is great. But when he is avoid him.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Dr Corbett was my Doctor in Orangeville, then she moved to shelburne and I followed her. Approx 10 years now I have been her patient. Also followed her from Arbor Clinic to Wyndam as well. She is usually prompt we have had a good repore as well she quickly does referrals to specialists you need. I have had a lot of issues since an MVA. he nurses are very friendly as well .

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Dr. Corbett has been my GP for over 4 years now. She keeps very accurate records that she reviews before each appointment I have with her as we always start with discussions on the status of past issues. If a referral or note is needed it has always been arranged promptly. All my appointments with her have begun with in 5 min of the arranged time and i do not feel rushed through the appointment. I do prefer the new office location, as the staff/nurses are friendly and accommodating. The service I receive at this office has always been exceptional.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

I have read comments about Dr. Corbett and I have had a different experience with her. She has been my GP for the past two years and has been extremely helpful. Although she is typing, she listens while I speak and always remembers each time I am there what we discussed in previous appointments. I have been dealing with anxiety and depression and she's been very supportive and helpful, helping me find the proper medications that work for me. When I have a suggestion she is open to it and advises me accordingly. When I need referrals, they are completed promptly. When I have issues or questions, they are always answered. We make small talk and find ourselves laughing often. Did I think she was a bit stand-offish at first? Yes. Did it take a while for us to build a rapport? A bit. But once you get to know her there is more than what is on the surface. When I need to get in right away, they are always able to squeeze me in. I usually take the first or second appointment of the morning so I have never had an issue with punctuality. If you're looking for a doctor to hand you a lollipop and a happy face sticker, that's not her. That doesn't mean she's not a good doctor, she just might not be the right doctor for you.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

The female receptionist at Wyndham is the WORST!! She is rude. She looses referrals. She doesn't inform you of referrals. She is just all around terrible to deal with and causes sooo much stress. I am looking for a new Dr because of the incompetence of the female receptionist at this office. She cannot do anything right and how she still has a job there is beyond me. I know for a fact I am not the first of last patient Dr Corbett will loose because of this woman at the front desk.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016