Ratings for Dr. Manjula Misra

Dr Misra has done both of my eyes to remove cataracts and implant Toric lenses. In my opinion she is the gold standard by which all other doctors should be graded. She, and the staff at Bowmanville Hospital, have the procedure down to a fine art, with left eyes done in one room and right eyes done in another. Yesterday she did 44 operations, and she phones every one of her patients in the evening to see how they are doing. I was so impressed with her and the whole thing. I can't recommend Dr Misra and the staff in her office and at the hospital, highly enough. It was all excellent!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

Dr Misra is a very capable doctor with years of experience in cataract surgery. She explained the pre-op and post-op procedures very clearly, and did a follow-up examination on the day after surgery. Charts provided are very helpful when administering eye drops. I do not agree with negative comments attributed to her, and I would recommend her to anyone requiring cataract surgery.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr. MIsra is seeing my mom regarding her cataracts. The doctor is friendly and helpful but her secretart leaves a lot to be desired. I work full time and have reiterated that as long as I have some notice I am able to switch a shift or take a day off but I need some notice. Her first surgery was booked for 3 days after her consult, when I told them I'd need more notice I was given attitude and was told "you don't have to do the surgery, you know" I told her I'd need some more notice. We got another appt and I was told that the follow up would be the next day...so I changed my work schedule around and took vacation. Only to be told the follow up isn't the day after surgery....when I called to state I needed to get her in when they initially said I was met with more attitude. I am very unimpressed with the service.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

My optometrist in Whitby, Dr. Lui highly recommended Dr. Misra. I am having my cataract surgeries in July and August. So far I have to say that Dr. Misra and her busy staff have been fantastic. They have explained everything very clearly and patiently. I agree with Dr. Lui's praise for Dr. Misra and believe I am in good (surgical) hands.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Dr. Misra graduated at the top of her class and this is clear in the quality of her care, knowledge base and expertise. She fixed my vision problems perfectly and with so much compassion and grace. I would recommend her to anyone needing an eye procedure done, she is truly excellent.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I am very pleased with the care I received both before and after this my first eye surgery. Dr Misra was very pleasant and informative and caring. The reading material was very helpful as well as directions and schedule table that was given for the eye drops. I am prparing for the left eye and know I will be pleased with the results .

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

Recent cataract surgery by this physician. Excellent experience. Everything was explained fully, helpful written materials, pleasant bedside manner and most of all excellent result. What more could anyone ask for. I am so pleased with my new vision,I see better than I ever did in my whole life.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

I had two operations on the one eye to remove cataract, implant corrective lens and correct astigmatist. To date my original quality of vision has not returned. Dr Misra is arrogant, over confident surgeon. The staff at Bowmanville hospital are unprofessional and lacking in skills. I have had a second opinion and now wished I had never allowed Dr. Misra to operate on me. I have wasted a great deal of money, lost of wages and continue to suffer blurred vision, pain and discomfort. Run, don't walk away from this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr. Misra and staff were great .Thank you ladies . Driving without glasses for the first time in 30 years.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

Wow! What a breath of fresh air she is. Very helpful and thorough. I was referred to her by medical staff at my local E.R. Department. She saw me the day after I went to E.R. with my eye problem. I would highly recommend her, very nice, good bed side manner and very easy to talk to!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013