Ratings for Dr. John Hunter

IT IS ALMOST A PLEASURE TO SEE DR HUNTER AND STAFF AT BEAVERLODGE MEDICAL AND I FOUND HIM VERY EXTREMELY HELPFUL AT ALL TIMES

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Dr. Hunter was our family doctor for 27 years. He was the best doctor I have ever had and our family loved him. When we got the letter saying he was leaving, I cried and couldn't imagine seeing another doctor. My youngest daughter had never even seen any other doctor and just said if he moved she would go camp out on his doorstep if she got sick. Dr. Hunter was never afraid to admit it if he didn't know what was wrong and was always willing to send you to someone else who could diagnose the problem. He was kind and caring and I always felt like I could tell him anything. I miss him a lot.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I found his comments to me to be very innappropriate. I escorted my girl to emerg and was with her during her entire visit aside from while she was in x-ray. The reason her foot was in pain should have had nothing to do with her ability to put her leg over her head because she seemed to be athletic and flexible. Her foot had been dislocated and she was still in pain following the removal of her cast. We were hoping for some answers and maybe some Tylenol, not to be dismissed feeling like we wasted his time.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

Pill pusher - would rather push more pills than get to the root of a problem

flag | Submitted December 23, 2011

i think he is a great doctor. He helped me for years on my back problems and never forced me to take pills. If it wasn't for him i ould probably not walk today

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

He is the best, he sent me for lots of tests to find out what was going on with me. Found the best meds and checked up on me to make sure i was feeling better. He let me cry on his shoulder when i was at my lowest. Dr. Hunter is the best Doctor I've ever seen.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2011

He was my doctor for 5 years when I lived in Beaverlodge, and the first doctor I ever grew to trust. It has been more than 7 yrs to find another doctor just as trusting it is a shame that there are not more4 out there like hime. "old school" or not he is great!!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

Dr. Hunter is definitely an old school doctor, but I am very grateful to have been his patient for 19 years. Not only did he diagnose an underlying heart condition I had that resulted in open heart surgery at age 16,he also saved my fathers life. A doctor sent my father away saying he did not have prostate cancer, but Dr.Hunter reviewed his tests and told us he did have the cancer. If not for Dr. Hunter, my dad may not be here today, and I may still be struggling with a heart condition.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

This doctor not afraid to say he doesn;t know what is wrong with you, and will ask a peer for help or information. He always listens very carefully to what you say. He is approachable - I can talk about intimate concerns without embarrasment - thats what I like about Dr Hunter.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2010

Dr. Hunter was our family doctor for 3 years, until we moved. I really miss having him taking care of our family. He went through a lot with us, being my doctor through both pregnancies, delivering my first child, diagnosing my husband's cancer and was excellent when my son had severe pnemonia (sp?) and had to be sent to Grande Prairie. Was very supportive when I tandemed nursed my children and breastfed into toddlerhood. A very caring doctor and I never felt rushed. I agree he is "old school". Excellent staff! I can't say enough good things about Shelly!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2008