Ratings for Dr. Lynn Swanson

Our son was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome when he was 10 and he is now 20. The testing was thorough, and Dr. Swanson's report was very readable. We review it from time to time. Because of her diagnosis we were able to obtain an IEP that really helped our son cope with school, and he graduated from high school. Prior to her diagnosis we really hadn't known what to do with the challenges our son was having in the classroom. At her suggestion, during Gr. 12, we had another assessment to ensure accommodation during post secondary schooling. Our son graduated from a 2 year program at Conestoga College. We had appointments with Dr. Swanson both with and without our son. Each time any family members met with Dr. Swanson she was professional and knowledgeable, and took time to clearly explain the test results, clarifying when we didn't understand any point. Her staff was also very engaging and professional, although as parents we interacted with them much less.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

She diagnosed our child with Asperger's syndrome / Autism Spectrum Disorder. Dismissed us when we pointed out behaviours and evidence that contradicted her diagnosis. Her diagnosis of Asperger's was later proven to be wrong, but not before we had spent months on therapy that was completely inappropriate for our child. Comparing notes with other parents in town, we realized that she seems to diagnose an awful lot of kids with Asperger's.... just saying.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Dr. Swanson was the second Psychologist I saw for dealing with my issues. She was 180 Degrees from the first - positive, helpful, professional. Allowed me to direct the frequency of sessions and accommodated my work schedule. I set goals for myself with her guidance and succeeded with her support.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

Dr Swanson Was unprofessional, inappropriate, and completely in left field with her "diagnosis" of my son. It was if she had the records of a different child when she presented them to us. The test levels that she gave my son were not grade level appropriate we know this because my wife works in education her inappropriate posturing and dress were outrageous,her blunt comments completely inappropriate. Since seeing Dr. Swanson we moved on and found a real professional who gave us excellent feedback and the proper tools to work with our son and he has excelled beyond out greatest expectations. I wouldn't let Swanson talk to my dog!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

The wonderful technician did all the work.Dr. Swanson was clinical to the point of being cold and aloof and doesn't return phone calls. She prepared a thorough clinical report of about 20 pages, but then it seemed her job was over. Since we've never been through this, we didn't know what to do next, how to get my son help or what the schools can offer and how we go about it. It seemed like an assembly line of diagnosing and making alot of money. She cared little about my son and how he was going to cope. It further annoyed me that she suggested in her report, that we should research ADHD and find out about it without citing any resources whatsoever. If she is as professional as she seems to think of herself, and she isn't offerring to help the parents,she should have lists of on-line resources and local resources.I don't feel that I got my $1200 worth of service. We are now going to someone else who is helping us determine what my son needs and implement the help for my son.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

She's helpful and knows what she does. It will be great if she advices the patient more, focuses on techniques and strategies, books close appointments, and increases the sessions time to 1:30 hours with same fee ($150); however, I felt that she gives the patients a lot of space to talk and relive their motion before starting the real therapy. Thanks Dr. Swanson

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

Does not return phone calls and messed up 2 appointment times. Good at what she does though - provided much good insight and advise.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

We found Dr. Swansons assessment of our childs learning disability not very helpful. The Assessments were clinically administered efficiently, but the explainations and written report were not insightful or helpful. When results from testing a particular function contradicted themselves, no effort to look into why the results did so, or analysis as to an underlying cause or what the contradiction may indicate was given, simply the statement that they did not support each other. I felt that I paid for a bunch of standardized test (administered by the assistant) but got no real analysis of the problems or solutions/suggestions with merit. Personally found her style not professional. It was a waste of our money and time. We paid for a diagnostic assessment elsewhere that was much cheaper and provided a more meaningful evaluation of our childs cognitive skills and what was required to assist him in school (which was used to develop an IEP. Swansons report provided nothing of benefit.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2012

She only cares about money, but hey, what else is new in the world.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2011

Horribly unprofessional. Double booked not once but twice and made me feel like I was the one who mixed up, even though I took business card she gave me with date of next appt and wrote it on my calendar. Blessing in disguise, she pretty much sat there wanting me to talk for an hour to fill the time rather than offer any advice or professional opinion. Went to another doctor and after first day am WAY happier.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010