Ratings for Dr. Frederick P. Cummings

I had a previous pregnancy cluttered with complications and unfortunate issues. After all I went through, I wasn't sure if I ever wanted to have any more children. I scheduled a consultation with Dr. Cummings and am so glad I did! He let me tell my lengthy story without interruption, listening intently the entire time. Afterwards, he talked me through all of my previous issues and offered validation about what I went through and reassurance about any future pregnancies. He is kind, compassionate, patient, extremely knowledgable and has a ton of experience in high risk pregnancy. I am feeling hopeful and confident for the first time since my previous pregnancy! So thankful I found Dr. Cummings!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Saved me from having a completely unnecessary c-section. Kind, helpful and skilled Doctor. Would recommend to any woman

flag | Submitted December 6, 2015

This doctor saved me from unnecessary surgery. Extremely knowledgeable and kind. Would recommend to everyone

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

He was the dr for my brother. My mother was a. High risk with 6 previous miscarriages. My brother was delivered at 2lbs 9oz and because of his call saved his life. Thank you!!! He is now an 11 year old boy.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

It's absolutely amazing what he does for women. For those who desire a vaginal birth, you could not ask for a better, more knowledgeable, or more caring provider. He's the best of the best.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I'm not sure if I can type this without tears flowing, but here it goes. Dr. Frederick Cummings has been SUCH a BLESSING to my family. My husband and I have NEVER, EVER had a doctor with so much patience and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. He's exactly what we needed during my last pregnancy. We were praying and hoping for a VBA3C and it's almost impossible to do in this day without much faith and prayer. I believe with everything in me that the Lord placed us in the care of Dr. Frederick Cummings as an answer to the prayer we prayed 5 years ago when I recieved my first c-section. There were many times when I felt like taking the "easy way out" through repeat c-section, but each and every time Dr. Cummings would remind us of who we serve and He reminded us, "keep praying because we're going to do this." He would often encourage us to get rid of the fear, "no fear guys." He sent me to a perinatologist due to my previous child being a still birth(this was under the care of my previous doctor), and even when they would try and scare me into another c-section, all I would hear from Dr. Cummings is "no fear, keep praying". When everyone was freaked out about my pregnancy and birth history, Dr. Cummings was the one person along with my Husband and myself to remain in Faith. Today I am overwhelmed with joy to say that with the help of Dr. Frederick Cummings, I had my very first vaginal birth on 5-15-15!!!!!!!! @ 10:42am. My baby boy was 9lbs 11oz and 21 in. With the help of all the God sent nurses who encouraged me every step of the way, I labored for about 19 hours (never feeling rushed) and with the blessed hands of Dr. Cummings, I pushed my baby boy out in less than 15-20 minutes. I believe Dr. Cummings prayed for us every step of the way and that alone made all the difference:) <3 Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Lord and thank you Dr. Cummings<3

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I'm in the office now and they are running an hour + behind. This is ridiculous!!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr Cummings is knowledgeable and has good bedside manner. Things may not get done when you want them to. The staff at the office is horrible. I've had a bad experience at the office every time I've been. They are rude, judgmental, and not helpful. They do not inform you of what's going on. I was put into a dirty room and the lady had to tare the old paper off the table, then she asked if I had peed in a cup. I said no one told me I needed to and where I could do that. (This was my first visit). She said "yeah go pee in a cup in that bathroom." When I got in there I figured out myself that there was a window I needed to put it in and that I needed to write my name on it. When I've called up there they say they are giving the message to the nurse for her to call me back. But when I call back again the nurse says she never got the message. So I have to call and call. Its very frustrating when people are too lazy to do their job. I also had a lady roll her eyes at me at the front desk and tell some personal information out in front off everyone. HIPPA violation. The list goes on and on. I like dr Cummings but I will not be returning due to his staff.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Dr Cummings is the greatest doctor I have ever had. He helped me to achieve my VBAC after 3 previous c sections. He has always been punctual, never rushed an appt with me, has an answer for all my questions (and I usually come with a list) and is very kind hearted. I truly believe he does what he does because he cares so much about making women more comfortable about birthing and being able to do it their way. He listens to me when I fear something is wrong and he doesn't brush it off until I'm confident. I believe that without this doctor I would not have gotten the birth I desired. He was on vacation and not due to be back at work for another two days but he came straight to the hospital directly from getting off the plane because he was notified that I was in labor. That is a dedicated, loyal Dr and I'm grateful for him.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr. Cummings delivered my son (or caught him). When he found out I had an epi he assumed (wrongly) that I would do pit if I didn't progress in 3 hours (I was already at a 6 and had only been in labor for 4 hours), but what really bothered me about that is that he said it in the room with me, but not TO me. Instead he spoke to my nurse like I didn't even exist, and I thought that was very unprofessional and poor bedside manner. It felt very much that because I wasn't having a completely med-free labor that he just assumed things about my wishes that were incorrect and that really disappointed me as he is supposed to be very natural-friendly. It's like if you do one thing, like get an epi, that you must not care about any of it which is not true in my case. I will say that once I got out my birth plan everything changed and there was no more talk of pit! (nothing wrong with that, but not in my plan). Baby came out perfect and so I don't have much to gripe about.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

Dr. Frederick P. Cummings's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)