Ratings for Dr. Debra R. Miller

I wish I had asked others I work with about the horrible experience they had with this doctor before I went. Dr. Miller being a dermatologist I would expect that she would come within at least 12 inches from me. And have a magnify in her hand or the special magnifying glasses on. No she was at least 6 or more feet away from me when I asked about a skin problem. I asked her if she could come closer to see what I'm talking about. She said she didn't have to . I was insistent there was a problem and she got very snippy and told me I didn't have anything wrong. Remember , this diagnosis was given without even looking at my skin and 6 feet away from me. And she remained with an attitude towards me. Let's just say Dr. Miller has no bedside manner what so ever. When I saw the few people that said they had bad experiences with her as well, I asked them for details. All had same complaint I mentioned above and one person said she gave her nephew a very potent script without directions for how long for use and it did substantial lifelong damage to his skin. Another person said , this is a quote " she is a nut job and doesn't know what she's talking about. I will never go back." Oh and I went to a different doctor and my feeling something was wrong with my skin ( and it wasn't my eczema I've had for years ) was verified there indeed was something wrong. I would give details about what it was but I didn't think you'd want to read about the gory details on that. Lesson learned here is ask others before going to a new doctor.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Very unpleasant experience with doctor and staff. Every staff from the front desk and the nurses where stuck up and would not acknowledge I was there at all. When I finally saw the doc, she asked me the reason I was there for and as I told her, the door in which the room I was in was not closed all the way making it easy for everyone to hear what was going on inside, talk about privacy! It was clear to me she just wanted to rush me out of there because instead of taking time to listen to my requests and prescribing me strong topical cream that I needed for my eczema she told me to use over the counter products like Vaseline or Cortisone cream after I told her that my eczema was acute. Then she proceeded to look at me with such annoyance and said oh.. REALLY, does not work?! After that visit, I never came back. I do not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

Dr. Debra R. Miller's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Kaiser-Permanente