Ratings for Dr. S. Hatami

He's a quack. For every ailment I went to him with he would refer me to the naturopathic medicine facility in the basement of the clinic. Not only is chiropractic work, acupuncture not recognizes medicine he also advertises osteopathic medicine which is a known form of pseudoscience. Plus when I was in high school I was having trouble in school and was concerned it was ADD. He took one look at me and said "you don't have add" then recommend I get my thyroid checked. Once the results came back as normal he made no follow up. I once went to him concerned about anxiety and depression and he said "you're not depressed" and then just left it there. I also had a debilitating and reoccurring pain in my side and when I brought it up he said "oh well you must have done something to it" and referred me to his quack clinic downstairs. He's been wholly unhelpful to me for the years I've seen him. In fact I don't think I've ever seen the man practice medicine.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

great doctor, very knowledgeable. takes time with you to explain everything.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Absolutely amazing doctor. The environment of his office alone makes you feel at ease. Great staff as well. Thank you so much Dr. Hatami.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr hatami is a joke, he wont give u X-rays for back problems, he wont take your mental state accordingly. As a doctor he should diagnose someone rather than a patient going on google and finding their sym that occur to them. He wont sign any forms because he believes that you are not disabled. His pharmacist is kind and pleasant, however, if you ever want to go see a REAL doctor you definitely don't want to see doctor hatami. I hope he see's this rating because whats funny about this is he took me as a patient right away and made you feel like he will listen to your problems. Now it is hard for me to find another family doctor because I already have one. I hope one day the College of Physicians evaluates his work and sees the mis-diagnosis he always gives. He will never send you for a second opinion for someone who has depression and anxiety his listened to a psychiatrist who only spent 10 minutes with me, later i find out i have bipolar, PTSD, clinical depression. Absolute waste of time, please go and read reviews over doctors they for sure will help you. Doctor Shahin Hatami if you are reading this i hope you understand what pain you have caused many people who come see you.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

A friend of mine introduced him to me recently. Does not take your problem serious and shows no sympathy. Not recommended at all

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Dr. Hatami is a good doctor. He is very knowledgeable and listens to his patients, even if there is a language barrier. Once he is done diagnosing you, he will listen to your requests and concerns. He will set your mind at ease by ordering blood work and referring you to the proper specialist. He's open to working with you or trying new things together and monitoring them. If you are looking for a family doctor, even if you are of different ethnicity, this is your guy. Walk in procedures are different for G.P.'s in this country, when you're his patient, he will follow up over the phone (never happens any more...like the olden days), remembers your name, the names of your family members and will often pause to ask about them and how they are doing. Select him as your doctor and develop a relationship with him as soon as you can!! He cares. - Male, 30 years of age.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I think Dr. Hatami is a great family doctor, he is thorough, he cares, and he listens. I never feel rushed when I go see him, I am in total disagreement with some of the reviews I have read here.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

I retained Dr Hatami as a GP when I moved here. When I went to see him to renew my prescription for birth control, he asked me if my partner and I use condoms. When I replied that we do, he told me that there is no need for me to be on the pill because condoms are 100% effective, and got up to leave. Not only is he 100% wrong about condoms, but birth control pills are used for many different things besides providing pregnancy. I did not leave without my prescription, but I have not gone back since.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

You get 3 minutes at most. Went in with my son for throat pain. Dr. Hatami says really serious infection and start taking the antibiotic right away, All of this just to have the pharmacist pointing out to me that the dose he prescribed is too low for my son's weight. Dr. Hatami did not ask for my son's weight, but the pharmacist did. I hope the dr. is right and the pharmacist is wrong but I feel rushed, frustrated and confused, so I will avoid this doctor from now on.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Went in with a slight lump on my back asking for him to look at it. Told me to warm compress it and that should be it. Went back 3 times because it just kept growing and getting very sore to the touch. He finally relents and says he will take it out. As he is cutting me open he goes " oh.... This is a tumour". Luckly it came back non cancerous, but his incesion has left a massive ugly scar on my back. Will likely be looking elsewhere for a doctor from now on, especially after reading other reviews.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015