Ratings for Dr. Tom Millar

Dr. Millar is caring for my elderly parents. I really wanted to like him given his upbeat disposition; however I need to say that my experience with him has not been so positive. In essence he is dismissive to the needs of my geriatric parents; in particular my 90 year old father whom Dr. Millar has basically decided has lived long enough and we should all be so lucky. We all know we can't live forever; however we need to consider quality of life for whatever we have left. As their daughter (out of town), I have asked to speak to him on the phone with my parents present to try to understand health concerns and plan of care as I am very involved. He refuses. I have asked for a referral to various specialists (geriatrician, GAIN services and CCAC); he either refuses or does not follow up. He has dropped the ball in monitoring and following up with investigations of symptoms experienced by my father. I have actually had to make referrals myself. My impression is that Dr. Millar sees his patients to fund his retirement and travel plans (as this seems to dominate appointment conversations with my mom and dad). Luckily; on one of his vacations, we saw another clinic physician who was covering for him. In the span of an hour, this lovely, caring man had us hooked up with many resources we are looking for. We finally have a plan. If you do not need complex, ongoing care, Dr. Millar will suffice. If you need a physician who will navigate, guide and inform you in a family-centred way - I would pass.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Always caring and sends you to the right specialist if need be.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

A lot of complaining patients report their frustrations here. Most people complain when they are not feeling well. It's natural, and Dr. Tom Millar and staff know it but plough through with smiles. Tom and staff are amazing. He has treated my spouse and I with the utmost professionalism for years. I will miss him when retirement comes.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

I found doctor miller very funny til u get to know him and talks about his problems more than yours.Dr. m talks about his problems when u start to talk about whats rely important to u he will say thats not why your hear but its ok for him ,Ive waited up to half an hour for him to come in the waiting room while he was joking with his staff and talking about other peoples health problems, i have many problems and are most related and your only suppose to ask one 3 second question. This is only my a pinion but beware. Al lso very hard to get in to see him may take a month or they will say go to outpatients if u cant wait.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Dr. Millar has been our long time family doctor caring for my 101 year old mother with personal care that has been extremely good, timely and caring. Tom Millar beis what a doctor should. Both Dr. Millar and staff make us proud to deal with their Clinic and realize that our health care is in great hands. Thank you for caring for and about our family.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

The comments here sum it up well: Rude, impatient, impossible to schedule an appointment or talk to someone on the phone, reception staff hate the world, only gives you a band aid solution for severe problems, doesn't listen to what you tell him, I have NEVER had a follow up appointment, rarely looks at medical records before talking to you (I went in with abdominal pain and was told it was likely appendicitis... only I had had emergency surgery a year before), good freaking luck if you have any sort of psychological issues. Overall, if you can find another doctor...do so. I know I will be as soon as I leave Peterborough.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Patient for 7 years under Nurse Practitioner....never once met the man. Office staff are rude and make you feel as if it is a huge inconvenience for them to have to make an appt. for you. Am I mistaken in thinking that patients are their paycheque, should we feel that we are bothering them??

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

This doctor should fired what is wrong with our healthcare Peterborough hospital worst in Ontario !!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Just wow! Retire Tom and let the good times roll! Tom has a good heart but sadly is burned right out...

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr Millar has dismissed me when I really needed him!I had an excruciating migraine. I called early in the morning to see if he could fit me in. He said he could not and I was told, as many of you have been, to go to the ER, or wait until the after hours clinic. The wait time in the ER averages 7-8 hours, and being amongst crying babies, running children, really sick people, sitting in hard chairs and constant noise is not the ideal placement for a migraine sufferer! I opted to wait for the clinic, only to find that is was in Apsley. 50 min drive!! I went anyway, because it was still a better option than the ER. You can't convince me that he did not have 5 min for me that morning!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011