Ratings for Dr. R. Hjertaas

Dr. Hjertaas has seen myself and two other family members over the years. He is an excellent doctor, very thorough. On a chance referal, he was able to provide a solution for sleep apnea. It has changed my life in a very positive maner. Thank You

flag | Submitted October 25, 2008

I was diagnose with thyroid cancer in 2005. He was extremely sympathic and had a wonderful bedside manner.I had ran into a few years later and he had still remembered my my name!!!EXCELLENT DOCTOR!!!!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2008

My daughter had been suffering frop frequent ear infections and i was refered to him, he explained several options from placing tubes in her ears to wait and treat inections as they come, I was happy he explained how the tubes in her ears would work cause i had assumed it would just make her not get more infections , he suggested the wait and see approach and am i glad I did , no more infections!!! I am so so glad i didn't push to have a surgery done on my child!!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2008

Diaganosed a condition I had that 2 GPs and 2 otherspecilists missed. Saved my life.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2007

He is an excellent surgeon with effective communication skills. Although he operated on me many moons ago, I have not found ONE surgeon with his bedside manners. He took the time to review, explain the procedure, and stated ALL his concerns/risk - for a Grade 9 student! Overall, I found him to be an awesome surgeon who cares about his patient's well being - from: initial assessment, to surgery, post-op care and follow-ups were all conducted professionally. I have never been a fan of surgeons as many likes to slice/dice - if a surgeons tells me to try an alternative without surgery - I would discharge my care from him/her and thank them for there service - just a personal fear of surgeries, but Dr. Hjertaas made the whole process comforting and positive.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007

What a great ear specialist. I had surgery in Edmonton for a mastoidectomy when I was 17 years old, (now 69 yrs old) Since then I have been talked into 3 more surgeries, in Vernon and Penticton,BC) and then Edmonton again, none that did any good. Mine is a lifetime problem and needs constant checkups. I finally got to see Dr. Hjertaas while living in Red Deer and he said surgeries weren't the answer and treated the ear properly on a 6 month check up (scar tissue etc.). and it was the answer, not surgeries in my case. Dr. Hjertaas has a very pleasant personality, extremely knowledgeable and a terrific doctor. He's the best and I was so lucky to have him as my ear specialist. I moved to Kelowna in 2003 and have been very lucky to have found another very knowledgeable doctor here (Dr. B.Povah). Believe me after 51 years of this problem they are very hard to find.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007

This doctor was quite thorough with the examination as well as helpful in a non-evasive solution for the problem we went in for rather than suggesting something that would make him more money. Very satisfied.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2007

Dr Hjertaas is an excellent physician. Very personable, superb bedside manner, remembers his patients from one visit to the next. Empathetic, compassionate and an all round exceptional practitioner. Many doctors could learn a thing or two from this man! I would highly recommend him!!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2007