Ratings for Dr. M. Varelas

This Doctor has to been one of the best Doctors I have ever met. He is patient, listens, helpful, thorough,informative. I GET why he has perfect scores from other patients. Top notch professional.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Just happened to be looking up Dr. Varelas for my records and took a moment to read this review I ran across... Wow!!! You don't always see rave reviews for doctors. He is the neurologist that diagnosed my carpel tunnel (Spring 2010?) when I didn't have a clue I had such a condition going on; thought pinched nerve in shoulder???!! And I remember thinking, to myself at the time, that he "was" a top rate specialist and that I was sooo lucky to have been put in his care. Thank-you Dr. Varelas!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr Varelas is truly a great physician and healer. He was kind, knowledgeable, and very thorough in his examination of me. He answered all my questions in details and was very gentle and assuring while conducting the nerve induction test on me. He really put me at ease with his friendly smile and competent bedside manners. I would highly recommend him. Thank you Dr Varelas for your superior care and treating me with dignity and respect with a good dose of humor to alleviate my anxiety!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Dr. Varelas saw my father in the hospital, he was fantastic. Dr. V gave me his home number to be sure I could reach him in case of an emergency. Kind, intelligent and managed to help my father shortly after his initial visit. An amazing doctor and a wonderful human.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Dr. Veralis I seen him in Richmond General and had me seen within 2 days to see a surgeon and had found what was wrong by just my descripion of my symptons He is super knowledgeable and super kind!!! Just LOVE HIM

flag | Submitted September 15, 2013

I hope I can get into see you. Please I only have 10 months left or I will be forced into retirement. My Dr. is Earl Goodman and he knows how difficult it has been for me to have a ton of operations. I just want to get fixed and work for another two or three years. Help. I don't want to waste the few years I have left. I gave all of the other years away and was hoping I would get my turn. Thanks Vallerye Cookson.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Dr Varelas was wonderful. My ankle/foot issue was not nerve relate so now on to another specialist. But I would not hesitate to refer Dr Varelas! He spent lots of time with me thoroughly examined my foot and tested nerve function. I loved his compassion and professionalism!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

If you get to see Dr Varelas you will understand why everyone rates him with a 5. I would rate him as 10. I have a difficult and, so far, speculative diagnosis and have been to many specialists over the last couple of years. I have multiple issues that are both disabling me functionally, both physically and mentally, because of not being able to identify the causes but Dr. Varelas keeps me alive (even when I feel I don't want to be) and hopeful. In my opinion his caring attitude and professional manner is a bit of an indictment of a system here in BC that doesn't work very well, is uncaring in general, and discouraging and dis-heartening. Anyway that's my opinion on the system here. As far as Michael goes, we are EXTREMELY LUCKY to have this man here in Richmond. We should all thank our lucky stars that we have a top rated #1 MD here in a country rated down the list at #30 in the world.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

I listen to and trust Dr. Varelas because he listens to my concerns and offers knowledgeable explanations to my symptoms. He aims to educate the patient so that they can be involved in their treatment. Even though he was very busy, he took the time to call me immediately to go over my MRIs. A first rate doctor who is always professional and caring despite sometimes stressful circumstances. Thank you, Dr. Varelas.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

I feel compelled to write this review because it was like 'Wow! What a great doctor: humble, kind, sincere, caring, knowledgeable. You have 100% of his attention and he never rushes and answers all you questions. A great doctor because he is not in it for the money but to help patients.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012