Ratings for Dr. Raymond B. Farnalls

Dr. Farnalls is a very knowledgeable psychiatrist. He took the time to go over my history and made me feel comfortable. He is patient and non-judgemental in his approach. His receptionist is very friendly and accommodating, and my appointments are usually kept, with only about 10-15 minute wait time. Parking is very difficult at the building so I recommend going early, prepare to walk far, or get dropped off if that is an option for you.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Dr Farnall's saved my sanity - I was experiencing frequent & debilitating panic attacks. He got the right Rx for me the first try. He really knows his meds, but was a sympathetic & attentive listener. I did get the impression that he doesn't "suffer fools gladly". Certainly hope he doesn't retire - Calgary is desperately in need of psychiatrists.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Saw him today. Absolutely useless. Focused on the strangest, most irrelevant points and not on me. Walked away feeling more hopeless and hurt. Basically said its my fault for all my problems and not the fact I was abused and to just stop thinking about it. Really??? His eyes were closed the whole time. I had to repeat myself many times as he wasn't listening or didn't get it right (over and over). Stay away from him. You'd get more help from a stranger than him.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

I have seen Dr.R. Farnalls for over 20 years and find him very helpful. He takes the time to explain things and is very patience. I have never had any problems with him.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

Haven't seen the doctor, but his reception staff is rude, arrogant and unhelpful....just what a psych patient DOESN'T need.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

Hello everyone. I read the comments about Dr. Farnalls and it is true, all the negative comments about him. He made me feel stupid when i asked a question and i felt that he did not care to even listen or did not show any concern. He seems to be very arrogant and speaks over me making me feel like i am not worth listening to. I am in a very vulnerable state and he made me feel worse. All he wants to do is prescribe medication..there is such thing as someone getting better and stronger on their own. He should be encouraging his patients and making them feel like everything will be ok kinda thing. But he made me feel worthless and i felt like a failure after thinking that i had improved. For myself, i would never see him again, cannot leave my life in his hands. But im guessing there are patients who like him. So you can meet him and try it out before making your decision. Thanks for reading everyone, and good luck.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2010

Knows his pills. It's all he uses. Put me on clozapine (requires weekly monitoring) two months before an overseas move. Very condescending, especially to me as a young woman. Concerns about massive weight gain due to meds (100lbs) especially were dismissed as frivolous concern about my appearance. Appointments are first-come, first-served, which means an average wait of 1.5 hours to see him for 10 or 15 minutes.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

He should have retired long ago. Wasn't very understanding of my needs and didn't make much of an effort to listen. My friend, who I met in the hospital here in Calgary also said he is a horrible psychiatrist. If you want to see this guy, talk to one of his patients first. After about a year, I realized this was not the psyhchiatrist for me.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2009

I agree- the receptionist is one of the most unpersonable people I have seen in a practice. I accompanied my husband for his visit and didn`t have so much as a `hello` or a word of conversation in the whole hour I was sitting there waiting. I tried to speak to her, but could not even get eye contact! Not appropriate for a psychiatric clinic!!! Husband enjoyed his visit with the Doc.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2008

EXTREMELY RUDE IGNORANT IS MORE THE CASE.TALKS TO YOU LIKE DIRT! RETIRE OLD MAN -YOU'RE DONEYES THE RECEPTIONIST IS VERY RUDE AND IGNORANT

flag | Submitted April 25, 2007