Ratings for Dr. M. Matyas

I have had tonsil problems since I was a child, I am now in my twenties. I went to two different nose and throat specialists before Dr. Matyas and both didn't address my tonsils. They told me it might be my sinuses or my nose. I have been in and out of the doctors offices for years with tonsillitis and tonsil stones trying to convince someone to take out my tonsils. I only had to wait about 20-30 minutes for the appointment with Dr. Matyas and within minutes he had vetoed out my nose and sinuses as the problem and suggested a tonsillectomy to fix my tonsil issues. He was quick and polite. He doesn’t ask many questions and is blunt about the procedure. It’s exactly what I needed. I would 100% recommend him. Side note: His staff were hilarious. We were cracking jokes with them in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

I really liked Dr. Matyas. I found him to be very knowledgeable, helpful, and even cautious about deciding on the need for surgery or not. He was patient and kind to my 4 yr old son. I feel good about having him as our ear specialist and trust his judgement.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

My daughter has been seeing Dr Matyas since she was just over 3 yrs she is now 11yrs. He has put tubes in, tonsils and adenoids out. He is WONDERFUL! I strongly believe if it was not for him my daughter would be deaf today.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

I Just had a noise surgery with Dr Matyas and everything went perfect. He was friendly and polite.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

My 3 children have been followed by Dr. Matyas for years (14 years!) and they have all had surgery by Dr. Matyas. I have seen him for my own issues. While I don't find him warm and cuddly, I do find him to be very polite and extremely competent. His personality doesn't lend itself to chumminess and joking around, but I have notice that he tries! I would definitely recommend him. I do find that you have to wait a little too long for your scheduled appointment though. I don't have much patience for that.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I was extremely disappointed with this doc. He was very arrogant and treats you like a textbook science experiment. My family doctor had sent me for a CT scan after daily migraines began worsening, which seemed to be coming from issues with my allergies and sinuses. After being diagnosed with chronic sinusitis and severe thickening of my sinus walls, my family doc put me on three weeks of antibiotics. When I told 'Dr. No Personality' that, he said, 'I don't know why your doctor would even bother. I could walk out on the street and find 60% of the people I talk to with the same issue and THEY aren't complaining.' When I asked him a question about why sometimes I hear echoing in my ear and lose hearing, he said, 'you'll have to get a hearing test. I don't deal with ears.' Strange thing, seeing how he is qualified as an EAR, nose, throat doctor. He stuck his camera up my nose with no warning, and when I almost fainted, he had no sympathy and seemed to try and rush me out of his office as if he didn't know what to do with me. Terrible doctor - no bedside manners or respect for his patients. Is always way behind and I don't know why because he tries to rush you out of his office as fast as possible. Would rather be put on a waiting list that is 10 times as long as his just to not have to see him again. The only good thing is the staff there were kind.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I never leave reviews but wanted to take a few minutes to leave one for Dr. Matyas. I have been having mild hearing loss and the cause is unclear. He was thorough, extremely competent and most compassionate. I mentioned some worry about my head/brain and he referred me for an MRI mostly to reassure me and to ensure a thorough assessment. He was not dismissive like most physicians and even called himself to reassure me of the findings.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Was not impressed by this doctor! Been waiting a very long time to get this appointment and it was a total disappointment. He didn't ask many questions, he barely did an exams and in the end he left me with nothing after being ill for over 5 months! ZERO answers from him. Instead he just said it was all in my head basically, and it's not.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

I had my suspicions when I walked into his office that he would not be good with kids. Clearly he specializes in hearing issues and sells a lot of hearing aids and products. Rest of waiting room was full of much more mature patients than my 5 year old. He got that restaurant hostess look in his eye when he saw a young child coming his way. You know - the oh great, noise mess and crappy tip look - that families can get. Kids are definitely not his thing. Mine is one tough cookie but whatever he was doing was clearly excruciatingly painful to her. He ignored child's screams of pain and dismissed my requests to pause a moment. Felt as if we were a major inconvenience to him and he did not have the time or patience to manage a child through an upsetting and painful procedure. Won't be back even though it means another 5 month wait to have the other ear finally fixed.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

I deal with doctors on a daily basis working for a family doctor. I knew that dr Matayas was the best in ottawa and asked to be referred to him. I have had problems with both my ears since I was a child and now I had such a severe infection and because my ear drums have so much scar tissue it burst trough the ear drum leaving me with about a quarter I it missing. He had no problem doing the surgery listened to my concerned and with in 5 months had my surgery. While in the hospital he was sweet and put me at ease even with my anexity attacks. My sister had sergery as well early this year and she had nothing but great things to say about him.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014