Ratings for Dr. M. Matyas

He was very dismissive of my concerns, Has no active listening and no sense of compassion. Did not help me at all.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Let's get one thing clear everyone. You waited 6-8 months for an appointment so waiting 45 minutes to an hour to see the doctor ISN'T a big deal. NOT TO MENTION when the doctor goes in with a client their appointment could take 5 minutes or it could take an hour there is no way to predict how long a patient will take, it's called PATIENT CARE. If you don't want to wait feel free to go to the US. The schedule has to be packed tightly because if it was not you would have to wait even LONGER than 6-8 months to get in. Quit your bitching, be prepared to spend about an hour an a half out of your day there. He is a wonderful doctor, I've seen him for years. Staff are friendly and helpful. Maybe i'm the only one who understands this since I work in Canadian health care myself.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

He was very dismissive of my concerns, didn't ask me about my symptoms and told me that since I didn't have a hearing loss, it couldn't be an ear problem. Did not help me at all.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Waited over 45 minutes for our appointment but they charge $50 for a missed appointment. Really unimpressed with the wait times and no apology not to mention it takes months to get an appointment

Submitted April 3, 2017

Best doctor I've ever had to deal with. I've been fighting with tonsillitis for over 5 years and no doctors would listen to me, they didn't care, and when I was referred to Dr. Matyas, he took me right under his wing and listened to my issues. His staff remembered my face and treated me like family. I highly recommend this doctor, he even helped me get through my surgery. 5 stars isn't nearly ran enough, I'd give them 10 stars without hesitation.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I was very ill when I was referred from an ER to Dr. Matyas and I could not thank him or Maggie enough for their kindness during a most difficult time. He saved my life. How do you thank someone for that.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

My daughter has been seeing Dr Matyas for the past 9 years she is now 12 yrs. If it wasn't for him I believe she would be deaf. He is great! Maggie at the front desk is fantastic!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

I have been a patient of his for over 4 years. He performed nasal polyp removal on me twice in that time,without any complications. He is thorough in his examinations and explanation of my problems. I would recommend Dr.Matya to anyone with nasal ,sinus issues.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I found Dr. Matyas uninterested in my problem, had no personality, and was very cold when a nose exploratory seemed to gag me. He told me shortly that there was no cure for my problem & to use tissue to keep the problem in check. He reminded me that older people have these problems & perhaps I could just get used to it.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

For both the first and the follow-on appointment, we waited over 45 minutes with our toddler, surrounded by much older patients. When we were finally seen, he was not impressed that our now fussy toddler was playing with a tongue depressor. His assessment was fluid in the ears, he didn't want to risk surgery because our 15-month old may die but this would cause language delay, come back in 3 months. At the follow-up, the fluid was still there, and Dr. Matyas appeared excited that surgery was now necessary. Does he get paid more for surgery? No explanation of the surgery itself, only assurances it was needed and right away for language development - but we would have to wait 6 months, not because the operating rooms were in high demand, but only because of his schedule. We asked for a hearing test at CHEO, he didn't see the point and had to press him for the referral. When we did have a hearing test at CHEO, the technicians there said the hearing test was very important in order to document (which is how children get prioritized at CHEO). Our son is now 21-months, non-verbal and we are still waiting on a surgery date. His staff are cranky, which I attribute to working under him.

Submitted October 25, 2016